Sign in to follow this  
Olveres

The Bible

I do wonder why British people feel proud of the Empire. Is irredemebly F*****g up half the planet, killing god knows how many natives, pioneering slavery and concentration camps in a general clumsy effort to take over the world, or at least more of it than the French, really something to celebrate?

The British Empire brought civilization to the rest of the planet! What's wrong with slavery? The Bible supports it!

Does the bible support slavery??? I thought the whole point of the Bible (well Old Testament) is about the Jews escaping from slavery, would have been a much shorter book had they been happy in their bondage lmao

The Bible also teaches tolerance of others, hmmm.....

• Like 1

I do wonder why British people feel proud of the Empire. Is irredemebly F*****g up half the planet, killing god knows how many natives, pioneering slavery and concentration camps in a general clumsy effort to take over the world, or at least more of it than the French, really something to celebrate?

The British Empire brought civilization to the rest of the planet! What's wrong with slavery? The Bible supports it!

The bible in some part accepts slavery because it was normal at the time. I don't think at any point is says slavery is great, we should keep it. Not that much of the bible, old testament particuly is a great moral authority.

The bible in some part accepts slavery because it was normal at the time. I don't think at any point is says slavery is great, we should keep it. Not that much of the bible, old testament particuly is a great moral authority.

The Bible is forever and God's word never changes! The Bible doesn't make slavery compulsory, it just gives it the seal of approval for those that wish to practice it. It completely accepts it and goes to some length to detail how slaves should be treated. Opposition to slavery is un-Christian. :lol:

The Bible is forever and God's word never changes!

It's a Good Thing you don't claim that the bible is God's word. If you did it would, combined with the above, be a strong argument against both God and the bible.

My main objection to Xianity is its claim that it's based on the Bible. My main objection to the Bible is what is says. That the Bible condones slavery is far from the worst bit.

regards,

Hein

It's a Good Thing you don't claim that the bible is God's word. If you did it would, combined with the above, be a strong argument against both God and the bible.

My main objection to Xianity is its claim that it's based on the Bible. My main objection to the Bible is what is says. That the Bible condones slavery is far from the worst bit.

regards,

Hein

The Bible is God's word whereas the Kuran is 300 pages of pure satanic fiction. :lol:

The Bible is God's word [...]

According to the Bible God does change his word. Two examples:

Genesis 7:17: And the flood was forty days upon the earth.

vs.

Genesis 7:24: And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Malachi 3:6: For I am the Lord, I change not.

vs.

Genesis 6:6: And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

regards,

Hein

The Bible is God's word whereas the Kuran is 300 pages of pure satanic fiction. :lol:

... Implying that you believe that the Christian Bible is not fiction and therefore literal fact.

Uhm, which version of the Bible would that be?

Or are all the different ones equally as factual as each other?

... Implying that you believe that the Christian Bible is not fiction and therefore literal fact.

King James Version of course. I believe all more modern versions are corrupted, especially the New International (Per)Version. :lol:

King James Version of course. I believe all more modern versions are corrupted, especially the New International (Per)Version. :lol:

So, the version put together hundreds and hundreds of years after the original two-volume tome, translated from Hebrew and whatever else, into Latin, into English is really the literal word of God. The earlier ones were fiction (as opposed to fact) which somehow transmogrified into the one-and-only true word of God as he originally intended.

Yeah, right.

Mr Xenon, sir, do you, by chance, have a Joe Longthorne tattoo in your armpit?

Guest villain57

The Bible and Lord of the Rings have one thing in common. They are both works of fiction. LOTR is a better read.

The Word of God. Total bollocks for sad people who can't face life without having someone else to blame or comfort them. Stories fro children who never grew up.

King James Version of course. I believe all more modern versions are corrupted, especially the New International (Per)Version. :)

So, the version put together hundreds and hundreds of years after the original two-volume tome, translated from Hebrew and whatever else, into Latin, into English is really the literal word of God. The earlier ones were fiction (as opposed to fact) which somehow transmogrified into the one-and-only true word of God as he originally intended.

Yeah, right.

The translation is accurate. It's just the original in English. :lol:

King James Version of course. I believe all more modern versions are corrupted, especially the New International (Per)Version. :)

No tattoos are the mark of the devil and isn't he a "gay"? Homosexuality is an abomination! :lol:

No tattoos are the mark of the devil and isn't he a "gay"? Homosexuality is an abomination! :lol:

Either some chain yanking is going on or this guy lives down the street from me and attends the little hovel church where they wake everyone in the neighborhood up at the crack of dawn Sunday morning - then the cops come out and it's all a mess.

Someone's gonna get shot. That's all I know.

Surely that's the normal method for dispute resolution in Texas.

I think you got it in one CarolAnn. There is much chain yanking here. Xenon II reminds me a little of Bennet Cerf - a character creation, nicely put together. The concentration on the one thread is the giveaway. It reminds me of that other one-thread-wonder, Lady Clarrisa.

Surely that's the normal method for dispute resolution in Texas.

I think you got it in one CarolAnn. There is much chain yanking here. Xenon II reminds me a little of Bennet Cerf - a character creation, nicely put together. The concentration on the one thread is the giveaway. It reminds me of that other one-thread-wonder, Lady Clarrisa.

I've posted in other threads too just this is the most topical one at the moment, being a fan of Mr Pinochet and in mourning of his passing. :banghead:

The day she dies and goes to hell will be declared a national holiday and there will be street parties and dancing in the streets and quite rightly too. :D

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Yes I suspect there will be a good deal of cheering going on but she was the UK's first female PM and the only one with any balls to take on the unions. Discussions have already taken place about whether she will get a state funeral and the Brits being the Brits will suffer from short memory syndrome and turn out to mourn her in droves.

No one likes it. No one likes feminazis. As a female, it was an embarrasment to the country as "leader". It brings the office of PM intro disrepute to have a female occupy it. No one wants to pay for this sick bitches funeral. I am sure it is not short of a bob or two, let the white trash pay for its own funeral. No one likes an extremist and no one but a fascist wants it to have a state funeral. It is a raper of British history and that's what people will be mourning, its reign of terror and Britain's decreased standing in the world thanks to its gross mismanagement and certainly not IT. :blink:

BTW, did I mention I HATE the good for nothing gender identity confused bitch? :)

You have a very 1580's view of women for a 1980's computer game...

I take my views from the Bible. The Bible says it is a shame for a woman to have authority over a man and I quite agree for Thatcher's misrule was a great shame to the Nation. :D

Xenon II: Mega Blast is the coolest computer game from 1989! Fantastic graphics way ahead of their time, marvellous sound and the Amiga version is the BEST (the PC version SUCKS!). Xenon II is a member of a very select club, being one of the few games that started life out on home computers and was then ported to arcades, it was that good (Lemmings and Zool are a couple of others)! Xenon II is one of the best shootemups ever, and was the best until the realise of Raiden II in the arcades several years later. :lol:

I take my views from the Bible. The Bible says it is a shame for a woman to have authority over a man and I quite agree for Thatcher's misrule was a great shame to the Nation. :ph34r:

Xenon II: Mega Blast .... SUCKS .... Lemmings ..... in the arcades several years later. :)

What as in, "she has authority over me, that's a bit of a shame"?

Which particular bit of the bible have you decided to take out of context to suit your own pre-formed sexist views anyway? It's interesting that not even the church complain about women being in charge these days (except for in a few key religious positions of course), and oddly even in the most sexist (not sexiest) of times in history women still manage to become Queen i.e. considered only fit to do the most subservient tasks, or run the country....

I'm sure if I could be arsed to read The Good Book I'd find a bit that clearly shows how anyone who names themselves after a 1980's Amiga game is a twat. In the same way that some Jehova's Witnesses once proved to me the bible had predicted the (then current) Balkan conflict by showing me a passage that said, "and brother will turn against his brother" or something equally conclusive. I bet the Generals on all sides were shitting themselves when they realised the Bible had such detailed...erm...details of all their troop movements available to their rivals. No, not those sort of movements. :D

Perhaps a new religious world order is on the cards, based on Christianity, male dominance and sci-fi type 'shootemup' computer games? It would be ridiculous if good old (well, dead) L Ron Hubbard hadn't already beaten you to it.

Now if it was Rob Hubbard starting up a new religion (he of the C64 music for Delta, I-Ball, IK+ etc.) I'd sign up like a shot....

Oh, and what Thatcher did to our country was because she was a gritty, tough, uncompromising Prime Minister (who went against the rules but got results), not because she was a woman. I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire, but her gender is most definitely not the issue for me.

I take my views from the Bible. The Bible says it is a shame for a woman to have authority over a man and I quite agree for Thatcher's misrule was a great shame to the Nation. :party:

Xenon II: Mega Blast .... SUCKS .... Lemmings ..... in the arcades several years later. :o

Which particular bit of the bible have you decided to take out of context to suit your own pre-formed sexist views anyway? It's interesting that not even the church complain about women being in charge these days (except for in a few key religious positions of course), and oddly even in the most sexist (not sexiest) of times in history women still manage to become Queen i.e. considered only fit to do the most subservient tasks, or run the country....

I'm sure if I could be arsed to read The Good Book I'd find a bit that clearly shows how anyone who names themselves after a 1980's Amiga game is a twat. In the same way that some Jehova's Witnesses once proved to me the bible had predicted the (then current) Balkan conflict by showing me a passage that said, "and brother will turn against his brother" or something equally conclusive. I bet the Generals on all sides were shitting themselves when they realised the Bible had such detailed...erm...details of all their troop movements available to their rivals. No, not those sort of movements. :huh:

Perhaps a new religious world order is on the cards, based on Christianity, male dominance and sci-fi type 'shootemup' computer games? It would be ridiculous if good old (well, dead) L Ron Hubbard hadn't already beaten you to it.

Now if it was Rob Hubbard starting up a new religion (he of the C64 music for Delta, I-Ball, IK+ etc.) I'd sign up like a shot....

Oh, and what Thatcher did to our country was because she was a gritty, tough, uncompromising Prime Minister (who went against the rules but got results), not because she was a woman. I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire, but her gender is most definitely not the issue for me.

:D:D:D Absolutely brilliant reply!

I take my views from the Bible. The Bible says it is a shame for a woman to have authority over a man and I quite agree for Thatcher's misrule was a great shame to the Nation. :(

Xenon II: Mega Blast .... SUCKS .... Lemmings ..... in the arcades several years later. B)

I'm sure if I could be arsed to read The Good Book I'd find a bit that clearly shows how anyone who names themselves after a 1980's Amiga game is a twat. In the same way that some Jehova's Witnesses once proved to me the bible had predicted the (then current) Balkan conflict by showing me a passage that said, "and brother will turn against his brother" or something equally conclusive. I bet the Generals on all sides were shitting themselves when they realised the Bible had such detailed...erm...details of all their troop movements available to their rivals. No, not those sort of movements. -_-

The realise of Xenon II on the Amiga Computer in late 1989/early 1990 was a defining moment in computer game history. There is nothing wrong with naming yourself after one of the best games of all time. No more "twatish" than some of the names that some of the forum members have on here and Sir, if I may say so, the very fact you knew what reference "Xenon II" was to proves my point of this games significance and enduring appeal. :huh:

Whatever... you take the Bible out of context when you declare men and women should be treated "equally".

God created different roles for men and women and the feminazi movement from hell has completely destroyed God's authority concerning gender roles and gender conformity. This is one of the things that signals the end times and has caused great strife and suffering throughout the world: women "getting too big for their boots", challenging man's superior authority that is God given and blessed.

Women have all the rights and priveledges nowadays even barbarically, including the "right" to murder unborn babies. :o It is outrageous that a "country" like the UK has abolished the death penalty unless you are an unborn child. Murderers aren't put to death but are allowed to go on with the genocide, a holocaust of the unborn that puts Nazi Germay to shame! Hitler would be rolling over in his grave (if he had one) in fits of jealously at the feminazis holocaust against defenceless unborn children. :angry:

Thatcher is a witch, a commie lover and a bride of satan, queen of the feminazis from hell and soon she will go back to her master the devil. It is not right that women should be leaders or have authority over men. It is SATANIC. The Catholic Church for example doesn't let women be in charge period. Only churches full of the devil let women have leadership roles. Let's look at what the Bible has to say about the female, here is just a small selection: :rant:

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

"Give me any plague, but the plague of the heart: and any wickedness, but the wickedness of a woman." (Eccles. 25:13)

"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." (Eccles. 25:22)

"If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;" (Deuteronomy 22:22)

"Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:24)

"If she go not as thou wouldest have her, cut her off from thy flesh, and give her a bill of divorce, and let her go." (Eccles. 25: 26)

"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty." (Eccles. 26:9-10)

"A silent and loving woman is a gift of the Lord: and there is nothing so much worth as a mind well instructed. A shamefaced and faithful woman is a double grace, and her continent mind cannot be valued." (Eccles. 26:14-15)

"A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord." (Eccles.26:25)

"For from garments cometh a moth, and from women wickedness. Better is the churlishness of a man than a courteous woman, a woman, I say, which bringeth shame and reproach." (Eccles. 42:13-14)

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean." (Leviticus 12:2)

"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23 - Jesus Christ)

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Whoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death. He that sacrificeth unto any god, save to the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed." (Exodus 22:18-20)

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25)

"I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire...." I feel this may be the one point we are in agreement, Sir. :skill2: I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire and God and the angels and Jesus won't piss on her when she is burning in the lake of fire in Hades. Good riddance to bad rubbish! What she did to the Empire and the contempt she showed to the law of God is unforgivable! She/he/it may not get justice while still on Earth, but sure as heaven God will sort it out. :devil:

God created different roles for men and women and the feminazi movement from hell has completely destroyed God's authority concerning gender roles and gender conformity etc etc.

It is not right that women should be leaders or have authority over men etc etc.

Let the women learn in silence with all subjection etc etc.

Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." (Eccles. 25:22) etc etc.

A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord." (Eccles.26:25) etc ect.

If you don't mind me saying so Xenon II, I would not recommend this as a strategy for getting the missus to do the washing up after Christmas dinner.

"Shut up." (Eccles. Ep. 3, The Goons)

The realise of Xenon II on the Amiga Computer in late 1989/early 1990 was a defining moment in computer game history. There is nothing wrong with naming yourself after one of the best games of all time. No more "twatish" than some of the names that some of the forum members have on here and Sir, if I may say so, the very fact you knew what reference "Xenon II" was to proves my point of this games significance and enduring appeal. B)

No it doesn't, as a random example I had a VIC 20 game called Cosmic Cruncher that was sh*t and I still remember the name of it.

Whatever... you take the Bible out of context when you declare men and women should be treated "equally".

I don't give a toss what the bible says, people should learn to deal with real life, and the reality is there is no reason AT ALL why women & men shouldn't at the very least have equal opportunities. If some areas remain male or female dominated by choice then fine. Hiding behind a book mostly written by people who never even met Jesus (and for which many more gospels were written than the ones that made the final cut) is frankly pathetic. As an analogy, years ago some authors were asked to complete exams set on their own books. Some did well, some were told 'they clearly have no understanding of the text' i.e. someone else decided on the author's behalf what the book was uspposed to mean. So, interpretation is a dangerous and rarely accurate thing, due to subjectivity both of the person and the time they exist.

God created different roles for men and women and the feminazi movement from hell has completely destroyed God's authority concerning gender roles and gender conformity. This is one of the things that signals the end times and has caused great strife and suffering throughout the world: women "getting too big for their boots", challenging man's superior authority that is God given and blessed.

If you announce we're at the end of times for long enough, someone will be right one day. So these 'powerless' women are able to destroy God's authority then? Sounds like they more than deserve equality then.

Women have all the rights and priveledges nowadays even barbarically, including the "right" to murder unborn babies. :o It is outrageous that a "country" like the UK has abolished the death penalty unless you are an unborn child. Murderers aren't put to death but are allowed to go on with the genocide, a holocaust of the unborn that puts Nazi Germay to shame! Hitler would be rolling over in his grave (if he had one) in fits of jealously at the feminazis holocaust against defenceless unborn children. :rant:

I think you'll find it's called ABORTION, and the right (without inverted commas) was decided my men and women. If the right is to be altered or rescinded in the future I hope it's due to medical reasons, not more stuff designed to make people feel even more guilty about their lives. Or, should we go further and ban the evil pill which stops the two baby halves from joining? Possibly even condoms, which do the same thing but a step earlier. Or masturbation, because that's a waste of god's seed? Perhaps also women should be pregnant permanently, or else they have those horrible period things where they flush life seeds from their system, something the female body seems badly designed to deal with so maybe it'd be god's will? For instance, the opposite of birth control is working terrifically well in parts of Africa isn't it? Lots of extra people alive, a large percentage of whom are ill, starving, dying or HIV infected. Hurrah. Why terminate life before it starts, when it's so much better to watch them die as children eh?

Thatcher is a witch, a commie lover and a bride of satan, queen of the feminazis from hell and soon she will go back to her master the devil. It is not right that women should be leaders or have authority over men. It is SATANIC. The Catholic Church for example doesn't let women be in charge period. Only churches full of the devil let women have leadership roles. Let's look at what the Bible has to say about the female, here is just a small selection: :huh:So what books do these devil churches base their religion on? The same ones? You're kidding... I draw your attention once more to the dangers of interpretation.

"Let the women learn .[snip].. they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25)

Lots of stuff written by men there. -_- Someone cynics here could say the gospels were written by men to reinforce their advantageous position in society by getting their opinions made to be holy and therefore indisputable. Or is that heresy? :( "I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire...." I feel this may be the one point we are in agreement, Sir. :devil: I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire and God and the angels and Jesus won't piss on her when she is burning in the lake of fire in Hades. Good riddance to bad rubbish! What she did to the Empire and the contempt she showed to the law of God is unforgivable! She/he/it may not get justice while still on Earth, but sure as heaven God will sort it out. :angry:

The Empire is long gone, let it go. And many many worse things have been done on this planet in God's name that Lady T ever did, I wonder if at judgement day God will say to them 'well, you committed all of those murders because you thought it was my will; got that a bit wrong but you meant well so off you go'.

And a Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

I appreciate my above set of replies may offend some more religious types who use this site, but frankly no-one religious has ever given a toss about how much their opinions offend me. Just because I can't claim 'heresy' if someone disagrees with me. :skill2: For now.....

(quite pleased my 600th post was actually a semi-serious one)

[All bible-related posts moved from the "General Pinochet" topic -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

blah blah blah by Xenon.....

And a Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

I appreciate my above set of replies may offend some more religious types who use this site, but frankly no-one religious has ever given a toss about how much their opinions offend me. Just because I can't claim 'heresy' if someone disagrees with me. -_- For now.....

(quite pleased my 600th post was actually a semi-serious one)

Amen to that, TLC. I decided long ago that even if we can't claim heresy we can claim "stupid, single minded, ridiculous, sheep-like, ignorant behavior unbecoming to a human being" if someone disagrees. :skill2: