Existence is Futile

Michael Heseltine

Didn't look too healthy on the preview to his new TV show , possibbly end up with Dutch Elm disease and Yew is a Graveyard tree to boot . Trying to tell us something .

Futile

• Like 1

Who is this meant to be? My first thought was Michael Heseltine, but didn't think he ever had a TV show....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Who is this meant to be? My first thought was Michael Heseltine, but didn't think he ever had a TV show....

The original sub heading was 'trees' and  this thread was started on the 29th December 2006. 

Here's a Guardian editorial of the same date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cat O'Falk said:

The original sub heading was 'trees' and  this thread was started on the 29th December 2006. 

Here's a Guardian editorial of the same date.

You are an absolute star Cat!

Maybe we could change the title of thread to Lord Heseltine or Michael Heseltine just so it's easier to find.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You are an absolute star Cat!

Maybe we could change the title of thread to Lord Heseltine or Michael Heseltine just so it's easier to find.

Come to think of it, wouldn't a subtitle work as to maintain the original title yet make it easier to find?  No idea if subtitle field is searchable, but posts are so my question is moot, just wondered.

SC

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Heseltine is another one I've seen recently – looking quite frail now. He's gone from being very active to barely active.

I think lockdown really slowed a lot of these guys down. They lost a purpose, and they weren't able to stay half as active as they'd normally be.

Yeah, I still think Hurd and Tebbit and possibly Fowler are candidates first.

But...I'm always wrong....:P

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I still think Hurd and Tebbit and possibly Fowler are candidates first.

But...I'm always wrong....:P

Another Norman from that vintage, Norman Lamont, is worth keeping an eye on as well. 

Remarkable how long Douglas Hurd has lasted as I believe he's been in a home for a good many years. 

3 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Another Norman from that vintage, Norman Lamont, is worth keeping an eye on as well. 

Remarkable how long Douglas Hurd has lasted as I believe he's been in a home for a good many years. 

I posted this on here at the time, but worth repeating. I saw Lamont walking round Hyde Park last year during lockdown. He looked healthy. I would exclude him for several years at least.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I posted this on here at the time, but worth repeating. I saw Lamont walking round Hyde Park last year during lockdown. He looked healthy. I would exclude him for several years at least.

Do you have trackers on Thatcher's cabinet or something? That's at least 3 you've seen in around a year! :lol:

18 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Do you have trackers on Thatcher's cabinet or something? That's at least 3 you've seen in around a year! :lol:

Guarantee you if you're walking in or around Parliament Square/Westminster tube area around tea time/early eve, you'll see about half a dozen familiar political faces you know.

It's really not hard to bump into these sorts when you live and work in central London.

The man himself addressing a conference this morning. Doesn't look too bad 

E-1LA6qXsAA6o8j.jpeg.jpg

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Looks and sounds well for man turning 89 in March 

He certainly is incredibly sharp mentally. A bit Kissinger-like in that respect.

Is currently live on ITV news via video link from Thessaloniki. Looks very well.

Was thinking the same.Still sharp too.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Was thinking the same.Still sharp too.

He's clearer older than he was (in looks and movement) but still mentally sharp and looking good compared to most men on the verge of 90.

I think he'll be a DL regular, but once Hurd, Lawson and yer cuddly uncle (TM) go first.

1 hour ago, six feet blunder said:

Looks healthier and sounds more coherent than Boris Johnson

Doesn't narrow it down much....

• Like 1

His interviews today took place from Greece so clearly he is well enough to travel quite long distances which wouldn't be true for a lot of 89 year olds. 

Pictured with Lady Heseltine in the queue at Westminster Hall. I doubt he did a Beckham and queued for 13 hours but obviously still fine to make very public appearances involving standing for a while. 

62507621-11221723-image-a-83_1663418706152.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Pictured with Lady Heseltine in the queue at Westminster Hall. I doubt he did a Beckham and queued for 13 hours but obviously still fine to make very public appearances involving standing for a while. 

62507621-11221723-image-a-83_1663418706152.jpg

If he gets too old will he just regenerate into Patrick Troughton?

• Haha 3