Phantom

Tim Johnson

If he survives the year. Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota could be one to put on the list

• Like 1

If he survives the year. Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota could be one to put on the list

Now why would you go ahead and tell everyone about that. :dead3:

Not too much to worry about I suppose. What he has, he'll likely either die before 2006 or plod along slowly for the next several years.

UK obit virtually assured though, since his death would have a significant impact on the makeup of the Senate...

Now why would you go ahead and tell everyone about that. :dead3:

Not too much to worry about I suppose. What he has, he'll likely either die before 2006 or plod along slowly for the next several years.

UK obit virtually assured though, since his death would have a significant impact on the makeup of the Senate...

You can hardly keep that one a secret, it's all over CNN at the moment :o

Now why would you go ahead and tell everyone about that. <_<

You can hardly keep that one a secret, it's all over CNN at the moment :P

Too late in the day for me to start ambulance-chasing. You can't pick 'em all...

He is said to be recovering well.

I would provide a link, but I'm only part-time...

Now why would you go ahead and tell everyone about that. :rip:

You can hardly keep that one a secret, it's all over CNN at the moment :(

Too late in the day for me to start ambulance-chasing. You can't pick 'em all...

Not worth chasing in my opinion. He could always pull a Pinochet, but there's probably better candidates out there.

Ah, here's one on the list with an official site. Even has a contact button so we can e-mail him and ask how he's doing. Most recent statement - Dec 28 - says he's being weaned off the medication.

I am dissapointed that Tim Johnson has been added to the 2007 list. He may be an American senator, but the only thing he is really famous for, is his current ill-being and its possible consequences. It is this very ill-being that has thrust him into the headlines, if it were not for this I doubt the people who have constructed the 2007 list would have ever heard of him.

I am dissapointed that Tim Johnson has been added to the 2007 list. He may be an American senator, but the only thing he is really famous for, is his current ill-being and its possible consequences. It is this very ill-being that has thrust him into the headlines, if it were not for this I doubt the people who have constructed the 2007 list would have ever heard of him.

Theres a point.

Is Tim Johnson fair game under the unofficial, unwritten DL rules?

He is only famous because his illness compromises the Democrat majority in the Senate.

I'm not complaining like. Just hope he doesn't do what number 2 did to us last year.

The death of any US senator, or representative, whilst in office, would certainly receive extensive UK media coverage, whether that person had been terminally ill on January 1st or if they were run down totally out of the blue by a steamroller.

I'm not sure what people are looking for here. We could put Paris Hilton, Jade Goody and Britney Spears on the list, and hit everyone's criteria for youthfulness, femaleness, and suitability for selection because they're not unwell. And we'd have picked the three most beautiful women in the whole world. But then we'd get about four hits on the year, and everyone would bitch and moan about how unsuccessful the DL was and that there was nothing to talk about.

Paris Hilton, Jade Goody and Britney
the three most beautiful women in the whole world.

:D

:)

It's in the eye of the beholder!!! :D

Is Tim Johnson 2007's Di Stefano - a hastily picked sickie?

Time will tell... :D

From: http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDetail6375.cfm?Id=0,53551

A Sioux Falls neurologist says US Senator Tim Johnson may be in for a long recovery period from brain surgery.

Doctor William Rossing bases that belief on the length of time that the senator has been sedated. Prolonged sedation was used to minimize swelling after emergency surgery on Johnson for bleeding in the brain.

Rossing says recovery for someone who's been sedated as long as Johnson is likely to be "significant and lengthy." That could mean the 60-year-old politician will be in recovery for months instead of weeks.

Rossing says it usually takes just a few days to wean a patient from sedation. Johnson has been sedated since December 13th and is being gradually weaned.

A New York University Medical Center official also says it's unusual for a patient to be sedated for more than a few days after brain surgery.

I'm not complaining like. Just hope he doesn't do what number 2 did to us last year.

God how I fear.

God how I fear.

I'm surprised he was so high up on the list, although he has been making steady progress with recovering over the past couple of weeks although he's not entirely off the danger list

God how I fear.

I'm surprised he was so high up on the list, although he has been making steady progress with recovering over the past couple of weeks although he's not entirely off the danger list

Lets hope that he does not disappoint us.

I'm not so sure on this one, although his demise would certainly benefit Republicans like myself over here in the states. It sounds like he will be acting a lot like Ariel Sharon over the next year - in and out of conciousness, etc...

:P

mmm ... Jade would probably be in my bottom three though

As for Tim Johnson (whoever he is) I tip him to have the thread with the least posts on this year's list.

No Mollie Sugden he.

... Paris Hilton, Jade Goody and Britney Spears ... And we'd have picked the three most beautiful women in the whole world.

Cataract surgery may be in order for you Cowboy Ronnie.

Actually Paris would not be a bad choice since she recently was speeding under the influence of some substance (she claimed) on her way to scarf down a burger. The burger may have been dressed with lettuce from one of those fields where e-coli bacteria has been hanging out. Either the speeding, which could result in a fatal accident (or the speed she may be on) or the shock of food to her pencil thin body, or e-coli attacking her intestines and draining the ounce of life still in her.

Then again, maybe she'll just look in a mirror (if she can get that ugly nose out of view) and the look will do her in.

Also I don't believe she's a real blonde.

Moving on to Bratney Spears....she's not a real blonde either I am sure. She could meet her demise when the sound of her Weeziana twang without benefit of studio enhancements is revealed. (much the way that Fab and what's-his-name of MilliVanilli met their fate....and remember the embarrassment led to one of them offing himself. So Bratney should indeed be on the list.

Never heard of Jade Goody

Mollie Sugden.shes doing ok at 84 and looks healthy :P

'Looks' healthy? Could you post a recent picture Hoggie?

• Like 1

Guest Guest_Star Crossed_*
'Looks' healthy? Could you post a recent picture Hoggie?

And when you do, could you post it in the proper thread? :lol: New Year, same old off-topic whoring.