Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Beverly Sills is "gravely ill".

Won't make much odds that test, mind. Don't see him DP picked, don't see him lasting to 2008. Time for that old Nightride Home, eh?

You're right about him not lasting to 2008 - he passed away on the 29th. Not worth putting a link in here, but I doubt his death was covered in the UK. McCorkle doesn't have an entry in wikipedia, which should give you an idea of his individual level of fame.

Beverly Sills is "gravely ill".

Dead now.

Wonder if the fat lady sang at the end!

Hopefully this guitarist is a bit more famous than George McCorkle... and will last a bit longer.

Kelly Johnson, original guitarist with the very fine all ladies metal group Girlschool, is seriously ill with spinal cancer.

This year's Sandy West?

Well, not quite, the sad thing about Sandy West's demise was the appeal for fans to donate to her spiralling health care bills. At least our Girlschooler is gonna live or die on the NHS. (I'm guessing the band didn't generate the massive sums that'd keep her in private health care for summat this serious.)

Pervez Musharraf aka the president of Pakistan, has been walking a political tightrope for a long time and as the link above shows, things are getting worse. To those partial to a younger able-bodied/ likely to die a violent death stylee pick, he might be a good outside bet next year. If he sees next year, that is.

Pervez Musharraf aka the president of Pakistan, has been walking a political tightrope for a long time and as the link above shows, things are getting worse. To those partial to a younger able-bodied/ likely to die a violent death stylee pick, he might be a good outside bet next year. If he sees next year, that is.

Good call from Mystic Maryport.

'Shots fired' at President Musharraf's plane

Good call from Mystic Maryport.

'Shots fired' at President Musharraf's plane

Dunno about good call, I'm suggesting we might want to think 2008, he's not exactly a wall to wall deadpool pick this year. If those militants strike paydirt this year, I - for one - stand to gain nowt points wise.

Dunno about good call, I'm suggesting we might want to think 2008, he's not exactly a wall to wall deadpool pick this year. If those militants strike paydirt this year, I - for one - stand to gain nowt points wise.

That's OK, MPFC. We know you're innocent. Just stick to that line when Pakistani Intelligence (?) shows up on your doorstep. ;)

Marvin Zindler, 85, veteran Texan news reporter has pancreatic cancer. :dead:

Despite a Wiki page, I would be somewhat surprised if he got a UK obit, even via an AP feed in the Guardian.

I met him once, in the early 1990's when I was living in Texas. Very nice fellow.

I feel bad for him.

I thought DDP picks had to be 16 years of age or older...don't remember if that applies to 2007 or if it's a change for 2008, and I don't feel like looking right now.

Marvin Zindler, 85, veteran Texan news reporter has pancreatic cancer. :dead:

Despite a Wiki page, I would be somewhat surprised if he got a UK obit, even via an AP feed in the Guardian.

Could be interesting to see who reports on him. He did close the Chicken Ranch, after all.

I thought DDP picks had to be 16 years of age or older...don't remember if that applies to 2007 or if it's a change for 2008, and I don't feel like looking right now.

No, you're right, 16 is now the minimum age, so, not for the first time, I'm not sure what MPFC is talking about. :dead:

No, you're right, 16 is now the minimum age, so, not for the first time, I'm not sure what MPFC is talking about. ;)

I still think that even if she was over 16, it would still be a cheap shot. Her only claim to fame is that she has cancer.

No, you're right, 16 is now the minimum age, so, not for the first time, I'm not sure what MPFC is talking about. ;)

I still think that even if she was over 16, it would still be a cheap shot. Her only claim to fame is that she has cancer.

Aye, but Josie Grove points weren't cheap and I'm not the only one who profited. Apologies for losing sight of the 16+ rule, I tend to list the various rules, compile my team and then just let the team sit there. If her fame spreads to a Wiki page in the next few months, on the other hand, there's the WDP to think about.

By Timothy - Peter Coke, voice of Paul Temple on the wireless, is still alive at 94. Should be ripe for a BBC obit (assuming he dies).

Paul Fox, original guitarist of the legendary punk band The Ruts, has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. ;)

Philip Chevron, guitarist for The Pogues, has been diagnosed with "locally advanced throat cancer". ;)

Paul Fox, original guitarist of the legendary punk band The Ruts, has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. ;)

Lets hope he's been given 6 months... :referee:

Rosemary Pitman, the heir to our throne's wife's ex husband's new wife (practically royalty) is suffering from cancer. She was diagnosed a year ago and the cancer has returned after treatment, she also suffered breast cancer 14 years ago.

Kafeel Ahmed. aw c'mon, you know, he crashes jeeps into airports, he runs around with his clothes on fire.

Likely to peg out soon.

Rosemary Pitman, the heir to our throne's wife's ex husband's new wife (practically royalty) is suffering from cancer. She was diagnosed a year ago and the cancer has returned after treatment, she also suffered breast cancer 14 years ago.

Well, the heir to our throne's wife's father scored me a good few points last year so I can't see why not.

I'm sure the tabloids will make a big deal of it - Camilla no doubt made her life hell as well...