Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

On a sideways move from The Cowboy Id be very tempted to wager the possibility that Amy Winehouse is a "choked to death on her own vomit" candidate.

Painfully thin, almost certainly alcohol and drug dependent, she isnt looking to clever and I would actually have her ahead of Pete Doherty in the race to the casket.

Nuon Chea, 82, "Brother Number Two", the highest ranking Khmer Rouge official left alive, is not a well man. He is about to stand trial for genocide and says:

"I will not die before the trial...[but]...I am really sick and my health is deteriorating"

This article mentions that he is:

"...also frail and suffering from blood pressure problems. His breathing is irregular and he is unable to move his right hand"

Meanwhile former Khmer Rouge foreign minister, "Brother Number Three" Ieng Sary is suffering from serious heart problems and prostate cancer. It was reported last year that he lives

"...in an opulent Phnom Penh villa surrounded by security guards and barbed wire."

Finally another Khmer Rouge commander, Sam Bith, who was imprisoned for the 1994 execution of three western tourists in Cambodia, was reported in December 2006 to be seriously ill with diabetes. This article from 2002 mentions that has has bone cancer.

Liz Dawn (mentioned in previous ideas threads) aka vera Duckworth is retiring from Corrie as she is" too sick to continue"

I saw one of the old Police Academy films last night and wondered whether the hapless Commandant Lassard was still about. A quick Wiki search revealed that the actor George Gaynes turned 90 in May. Anybody heard anything about his current health?

The singer Ronald Isley has just been sentenced to three years in jail for tax evasion. Of more interest to deadpoolers is the news that he is not in the best of health:

"[isley] is suffering from numerous medical ailments, including hypertension, diabetes and vascular problems. In 2004, he suffered a mild stroke while in London and later underwent surgery for cancer.

“He’s made significant progress trying to recover. He still has problems. He has a lot of conditions that are not going to get any better...”

On another thread Godot mentioned the name of Stanley Baxter.

Ive done a search and cant find his name on here.

As he is now 81 years old, does anybody have any information as to how he is bearing up?

Can the old boy still get his stockings on?

Has he enough hair to Blue rinse?

I've seen him mentioned somewhere, have mentioned him myself in fact since he was responsible for one of my all time favourite quotes: "What's the marra with the barra Clarra?"

Mike Soper, the deputy director of the English Cricket Board, is suffering from incurable prostate and bone cancer. This hasn't stopped him from trying to become the chairman of the ECB.

The Times confidently asserts that he "four years to live". We shall see.

Nuon Chea, 82, "Brother Number Two", the highest ranking Khmer Rouge official left alive, is not a well man. He is about to stand trial for genocide and says:

"I will not die before the trial...[but]...I am really sick and my health is deteriorating"

This article mentions that he is:

"...also frail and suffering from blood pressure problems. His breathing is irregular and he is unable to move his right hand"

Meanwhile former Khmer Rouge foreign minister, "Brother Number Three" Ieng Sary is suffering from serious heart problems and prostate cancer. It was reported last year that he lives

"...in an opulent Phnom Penh villa surrounded by security guards and barbed wire."

Finally another Khmer Rouge commander, Sam Bith, who was imprisoned for the 1994 execution of three western tourists in Cambodia, was reported in December 2006 to be seriously ill with diabetes. This article from 2002 mentions that has has bone cancer.

So if the Poolofdeath offers another 'any one from....' option next year!

Anyway, no doubt posted elsewhere, but US presidential candidate John Edwards' wife Elizabeth sounds like a decent bet for 2008, even if her husband isn't.

Mummy will be dead soon kids

Saw her answering a couple questions on CNN the other day. She's visibly lost weight since announcing that she has bone cancer. She doesn't look like Tammy Faye on Larry King, but it was noticeable.

Danny Bergara, the former Rochdale and Stockport County manager is seriously ill after suffering two strokes this year. He is now in a nursing home.

The linked article says that he was the first foreigner to manage an English football team. I'm pretty sure that they are wrong and that Dario Gradi was around before him. :blink:

Danny Bergara, the former Rochdale and Stockport County manager is seriously ill after suffering two strokes this year. He is now in a nursing home.

The linked article says that he was the first foreigner to manage an English football team. I'm pretty sure that they are wrong and that Dario Gradi was around before him. :blink:

Good suggestion, bad timing.

Popbitch's latest missive, advises us that the Daily Mail's editor in chief, Paul Dacre, is about to pop his clogs.

Can't find much information on his health, apart from a few gossipy sites saying he needs heart surgery.

Guest Guest

Danny La Rue looking dodgy on TV yesterday

So, when didnt he? :)

Grant Achatz, a pioneering chef in the field of "molecular gastronomy", has been diagnosed with stage four mouth cancer which has also spread to his lymph nodes. He's only 34, so worth keeping an eye on.

His restaurant is supposed to be one the best in the world. Have a look at the menu here. Candied Tuna anyone? :)

define "dodgy"

Tul Bahadar Pun, 84, holder of the Victoria Cross, is critically ill after suffering a stroke. He also suffers from heart problems and diabetes.

He is one of only twelve living recipients of this country's highest award for valour and will certainly get a UK obit.

His VC citation can be found on his Wiki page. It will take a lot to kill this man.

Tul Bahadar Pun, 84, holder of the Victoria Cross, is critically ill after suffering a stroke. He also suffers from heart problems and diabetes.

He is one of only twelve living recipients of this country's highest award for valour and will certainly get a UK obit.

His VC citation can be found on his Wiki page. It will take a lot to kill this man.

would be a bloody crying shame if he went to a stroke, surly we should send him to iraq give him a chance to win one more and go out in Glory!

Kafeel Ahmed. aw c'mon, you know, he crashes jeeps into airports, he runs around with his clothes on fire.

Likely to peg out soon.

Dead

I have a bit of inside info on this one....How about Chris Langahm committing suicide?

Sub-question-has anyone ever been on deathlist as a likely suicide rather than a death through old age and/or illness

I have a bit of inside info on this one....How about Chris Langahm committing suicide?

His name has cropped up once or twice.

Sub-question-has anyone ever been on deathlist as a likely suicide rather than a death through old age and/or illness

I think Red Rum was considered high-risk in 1991 and was locked in a padded stable all year.