Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Fred Phelps

Head of America's most hated family. If you read down his wiki entry, you will see a list of his enemies.

His church vs Jeremy Kyle.

Was going to add his name a few days ago but couldn't log in for some reason. Aside from having one of the highest random assination chances, he looks alot older than 70-something he is. Didn't do alot of moving or talking in that documentary etheir, sounding highly confused most of the time.

Not suitable for this list but maybe someone wants them for DDP.

Anorexic, amphetamine using Australian twins Clare and Rachel Wallmeyer.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259231

They could be the Aussie answer to Michaela and Samantha Kendall, the now dead anorexic twins who seemed to be in all the papers in the 1990s (warning, googling these two brings up some rather disturbing images)

Good call, I've just spent a hideous five minutes googling images of these two desperate cases. If one goes the other will, surely and their fave topic of interview conversation is their wish to die!

DDP fodder for sure if they make 2008.

They could be the Aussie answer to Michaela and Samantha Kendall, the now dead anorexic twins who seemed to be in all the papers in the 1990s (warning, googling these two brings up some rather disturbing images)

Good call, I've just spent a hideous five minutes googling images of these two desperate cases. If one goes the other will, surely and their fave topic of interview conversation is their wish to die!

Forget it MPFC, no chance of an obit.

Forget it MPFC, no chance of an obit.

I agree with Godot. Legitimately famous Australians (Zemanek) and Kiwis (McGann) didn't get one, it would be fairly depressing if the twins got one. Even oldest man Scarrabelotti didn't get one.

Guest Guest

The twins are even more of a stupid suggestion & another stupid pick for Maryportfuncity as they would count as two, not one. Thus meaning vital DDP places being lost when they could be filled by Dale Winton or Fidel Castro :P:wub:

The twins are even more of a stupid suggestion & another stupid pick for Maryportfuncity as they would count as two, not one. Thus meaning vital DDP places being lost when they could be filled by Dale Winton or Fidel Castro :P:wub:

This thread is for ideas and possibilities and that's all they were. I'm not saying they should be picked so no need to be so aresy. I'm sure it was mentioned on News at Ten when one of the Kendal twins died so it does happen.

Anyway your post reminds me, no-one did get back to me on wheteher conjoined twins should be one pick or two.

This thread is for ideas and possibilities and that's all they were. I'm not saying they should be picked so no need to be so aresy. I'm sure it was mentioned on News at Ten when one of the Kendal twins died so it does happen.

Anyway your post reminds me, no-one did get back to me on wheteher conjoined twins should be one pick or two.

I'm not sure about this, but don't they usually die around the same time (I know Cheng and Eng did, I'm not sure if that was just a coincidence or if there's a biological reason for it)? If that were the general case, I'd say one, because there's no chance for one not to die when the other does. If one can survive (depending on what organs are shared), then I'd say it could count as two because there's a chance that one could survive the year when the other does not. I think you'd have to do it on a case-by-case basis, until more information could be obtained.

Re my deadpicking skills, I refer the dishonourable gentleman - currently hiding behind the classic 'Guest' alias - to the performance of my theme team in the soon to end CPDP deadpool. I mean Football Fan could get a dead 'un in the next few hours, or I could win.

Incidentally 'Guest' you never did respond on an earlier thread as to whether you're comin' to the big meeting in November.

Go well, or summat!

I'm not sure about this, but don't they usually die around the same time (I know Cheng and Eng did, I'm not sure if that was just a coincidence or if there's a biological reason for it)? If that were the general case, I'd say one, because there's no chance for one not to die when the other does. If one can survive (depending on what organs are shared), then I'd say it could count as two because there's a chance that one could survive the year when the other does not. I think you'd have to do it on a case-by-case basis, until more information could be obtained.

I was considering picking cojoined twins for next years DDP - in fact I emailed the DDP organisers to check it would be OK. Here is their response:

" The Siamese twins sound like an inspired idea - so long as they (a) die and (B) get the required obit, of course. Play your joker on one of them and get triple points!"

On the subject of twins - how about Austria's Sandra and Daniela Klemenschits? They were up there somewhere in the world tennis doubles rankings before they were both struck down with abdominal cancer.

Ailing Prime Minister of St. Lucia, Sir John Compton.

He has been mentioned before in this thread. He is back in hospital after taking a chest infection. Obviously getting weaker.

Sir John Compton's health has worsened and he is now in intensive care.

He has been mentioned before in this thread. He is back in hospital after taking a chest infection. Obviously getting weaker.

Might be a unique hit for Windsor on the CPDP coming up...

Meanwhile, had I been paying attention, I might have caught that former Utah governor Calvin Rampton, is not only terminally ill with cancer, but also suffered a stroke recently. Easy CNN obit, would have made a great CPDP pick.

Excellent. I was hoping he would make it until DDP time, but oh well.

I'm sure he'll get some sort of UK obit given that he is still Prime Minister of one of the Queen's Realms. He also has a wiki page so that leaves me with very little to worry about (except a recovery).

The "world's best-known historian" :dead3: Eric Hobsbawm has recently turned 90 so might be worth a punt, even though he still seems fairly mad fer it judging by the interview.

He partly redeems himself for his silly 'communist utopia' remarks on the Late Show by his admission of never having worn a pair of jeans. Classy.

Khaleda Zia former PM of Bangla Desh and widowed by an assassin's bullet. Now arrested on corruption charges. One to watch, if only because the tonnage of others arrested means this whole business could get terminally over-heated.

Guest Guest_IE_*

Johan Heesters must die once. Maybe even on stage.

He sounds like a good candidate.

Andrea Veccio, a Sicilian businessman who has started a campaign not to pay protection money to the Cosa Nostra:

Since taking his bold decision he has received four death threats and two of his building sites have been sabotaged. He and is family are now living under constant police protection.

Daniel Geiges, alleged uranium smuggler and the man credited with getting Libya, Iran and North Korea fixed up with nuclear technology, is seriously ill with colon cancer.

He is about to go on trial in South Africa for contravening the "Non-Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction Act", but the proceedings have been prosponed because of his poor health.

Not too sure about his obit chances though.

Excellent. I was hoping he would make it until DDP time, but oh well.

I'm sure he'll get some sort of UK obit given that he is still Prime Minister of one of the Queen's Realms. He also has a wiki page so that leaves me with very little to worry about (except a recovery).

Sir John Compton, still hooked up to a life support system, has come home to die.

The acting Prime Minister has this to say:

“One can now conclude that the fact that the medical practitioners in Martinique have indicated that they have given him all possible assistance, his return home is basically to manage him until he succumbs,”

Not long now, Windsor.

Not long now, Windsor.

Oh well.

Looks like my 3 definate candidates for DDP 2008 are about to become a pair.

Should the King of Nepal lose his vote on 20th June he may be worth considering.

He doesn't have many allies, and with no State protection he could get involved in a number of 'accidents'. Or they could shoot him of course.

The King is OK, but his son and heir, Crown Prince Paras, is in hospital after suffering a heart attack.

He is not liked in Nepal, due to killing a much loved Nepali pop star in a car crash seven years ago - sort of akin to Prince Charles having a weak moment and mowing down Natasha Bedingfield in his Landrover.

Guest Dan Bedingfield
He is not liked in Nepal, due to killing a much loved Nepali pop star in a car crash seven years ago - sort of akin to Prince Charles having a weak moment and mowing down Natasha Bedingfield in his Landrover.

I think Chaz's popularity would increase exponentially if he were to do that.

Guest xdeadkidx

what about these people:

farrah fawcett: had twice arse cancer and still fighting the tumour

holly johnson:had hiv positive since 1989

jane hamser: has reccuring breast cancer

nelson mandela: because he has a statue in london for no apparent reason and because he is old

jenni murray: have to agree with other posts because she has breast cancer

mickey wright: because she also has breast cancer that has spread

elizabeth taylor: in a wheel chair old and decrepdid

john prescott: ate too many pies

stephen hawkins: just for the fun of it

lance armstrong: just for fun

Montel williams: ms

muhammed ali: parkinsons

andy bell: aids

............................................i make another list up later

nelson mandela: because he has a statue in london for no apparent reason and because he is old

I think it has more to do with the fact that he went from being a political prisoner, to ruling his own country for the millions of blacks who were given the right to vote in their own country.