Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Brigitte Bardot seems to have some health issues, nothing along the lines of terminal illnesses... I'm still sticking to my nomination of Mademoiselle Bardot for 2008.

Brigitte Bardot seems to have some health issues, nothing along the lines of terminal illnesses... I'm still sticking to my nomination of Mademoiselle Bardot for 2008.

I thought so too back in 2005, but I'm not so sure now, as apart from her dodgy hip and 'sagging jowels', she doesn't appear to have anything particularly wrong with her.

Of course, this is probably the cue for her to keel over tomorrow.

The Canadian blues guitarist and singer Jeff Healey ,aged 40, has just had major surgery to remove cancerous cells in both of his lungs.

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. :skull:

According to his official website, he had a quick recovery and has been touring for months now. Won't remove him off the big list, since he's had poor luck since birth, but I'll amend it.

According to his official website, the cancer has returned to his lungs and he's cancelling a tour of Scandanavia.

I'm still not sure about his UK obit chances, but I am sure he is going to die before too long. :skull:

Does this mean you're going to be putting him on your DDP next year? I'm putting him on mine. :crossbone:

I dunno guest, I'm not sure how Jeff Healey would fit in to the ecclesiastical dream team I'm preparing for next year...

Well he IS a very religious man, as I'd imagine one who's survived so much would be. I'm sure there's some religious symbolism in "the blind musician" as well.

Strangely enough, I think only Godot's Last Minuters picked him for the CPDP.

The Canadian blues guitarist and singer Jeff Healey ,aged 40, has just had major surgery to remove cancerous cells in both of his lungs.

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. :skull:

According to his official website, he had a quick recovery and has been touring for months now. Won't remove him off the big list, since he's had poor luck since birth, but I'll amend it.

According to his official website, the cancer has returned to his lungs and he's cancelling a tour of Scandanavia.

I'm still not sure about his UK obit chances, but I am sure he is going to die before too long. :skull:

Does this mean you're going to be putting him on your DDP next year? I'm putting him on mine. :crossbone:

I dunno guest, I'm not sure how Jeff Healey would fit in to the ecclesiastical dream team I'm preparing for next year...

Well he IS a very religious man, as I'd imagine one who's survived so much would be. I'm sure there's some religious symbolism in "the blind musician" as well.

Strangely enough, I think only Godot's Last Minuters picked him for the CPDP.

And then only at the last minute.

I thought so too back in 2005, but I'm not so sure now, as apart from her dodgy hip and 'sagging jowels', she doesn't appear to have anything particularly wrong with her.

The only thing wrong with Bardot is that she's a terminal Nazi....

I know this could be construed as low hanging fruit, but David Beckham's dad, Ted Beckham, is fighting for his life after suffering a heart attack.

he seems to be getting better

The only thing wrong with Bardot is that she's a terminal Nazi....

You mean she hangs around Heathrow gassing Jews?

Surgeon and convicted wife murderer, Dr Charles E. Friedgood, 89, is suffering from terminal cancer.

He's spent over 30 years in jail and is New York's oldest prisoner. The New York Times have done a big article on him this weekend, so I should think they'll give him a mention when he's gone.

Surgeon and convicted wife murderer, Dr Charles E. Friedgood, 89, is suffering from terminal cancer.

He's spent over 30 years in jail and is New York's oldest prisoner. The New York Times have done a big article on him this weekend, so I should think they'll give him a mention when he's gone.

Dr Friedgood.....weren't they a pub-rock band? :D

For DDP purposes, would need a British broadsheet/BBC obit.... :lol:

Friedgood. That must be with olive oil, right?

Lord David Attenborough... surely he cannot survive 2008 can he?

Life's been a bit of a struggle for Dicky, what with the loss of his daughter and grand-daughter in the 2004 tsunami and the current downturn in the fortunes of his 'beloved' Chelski team. Oh, and welcome back Poetry Man.

Lord David Attenborough... surely he cannot survive 2008 can he?

Time, I think for a quick update from Myanmar. Whilst Senior General Than Shwe is looking in rude health, Prime Minister Soe Win has just returned from Singapore after unspecified treatment.

Ever wondered why these top Myanmar officials keep going to Singapore for their treatment? Well, with less than $1 per capita annual health care expenditure, there isn't a lot to go round. Evidently, Than Shwe spent more money on his daughter's wedding last year than the entire health budget

I don't think that Hello covered the event, though.

Soe Win is still suffering from leukemia, but his twin brother and fellow junta bigwig General Tin Htun has just died.

I mention this because Soe Win is reported to have been relying on bone marrow transplants from "family members" over the last few months. It could be concluded that his twin brother would have had the best bone marrow match, so his death might spell bad news for the surviving sibling. :skull:

He's on his way back to Burma

"His condition is not good and he will die soon. He will be taken to the military hospital in Mingaladon," sources close to the military said

Soe little time....

Former Oldham Athletic goalkeeper Gary Kelly is suffering from cancer. He's had an operation to remove part of his upper arm. He will also be undergoing more surgery soon.

George Jung, would he be a good candidate for 2008?

Bobby Moncur, former captain of Newcastle United and Sunderland, has colon cancer.

Bobby Moncur, former captain of Newcastle United and Sunderland, has colon cancer.

I bet that's a pa........you know the rest! :D

Zdravko Tolimir, "Serbia's third most wanted man", has been arrested and delivered to the war crimes tribunal in The Hague. He is believed to be suffering from cancer.

Zdravko Tolimir's health has deteriorated. He is now said have a “grave, fragile and highly alarming” health condition.

Helpfully for deadpoolers, he is refusing all medical assistance.

“There is a very real and serious risk of the accused experiencing a life-threatening episode at any time and without warning”.

He will get a UK obit.

If he manages that as well as he managed Carlisle United, he's f**ked.

Time, I think for a quick update from Myanmar. Whilst Senior General Than Shwe is looking in rude health, Prime Minister Soe Win has just returned from Singapore after unspecified treatment.

Ever wondered why these top Myanmar officials keep going to Singapore for their treatment? Well, with less than $1 per capita annual health care expenditure, there isn't a lot to go round. Evidently, Than Shwe spent more money on his daughter's wedding last year than the entire health budget

I don't think that Hello covered the event, though.

Soe Win is still suffering from leukemia, but his twin brother and fellow junta bigwig General Tin Htun has just died.

I mention this because Soe Win is reported to have been relying on bone marrow transplants from "family members" over the last few months. It could be concluded that his twin brother would have had the best bone marrow match, so his death might spell bad news for the surviving sibling. :D

He's on his way back to Burma

"His condition is not good and he will die soon. He will be taken to the military hospital in Mingaladon," sources close to the military said

Soe little time....

some sources say he died tuesday but it could be wishful thinking..

some sources say he died tuesday but it could be wishful thinking..

Oh piss...I was just about to deride you for posting bollocks again as his death was reported in 'the dead' thread and you posted a "witty" comment but I can't find a source that actually confirms it..yet

Quote fixed

Edited by heaven can wait

What with footballers Moncur, Kelly, Robson, Maradona & Gazza all in varying forms of ill-health, it might well be possible to name a whole team & bench of 9 for the DDP of footballers.

If anyone does so, one name worth thinking about is Ndaye Mulamba. Striker for Zaire's World Cup team, his lot is not at all good right now.

But surely a Zairean player won't get a UK obit?

Well... on the BBC there is a strong African football section, with far more news on there than usual. To prove my point, the BBC featured his plight, which was pretty bad then, back in 2002.

Just a suggestion, anyhow.

Mike Gregory, 43, who played rugby league for Warrington and Great Britain, is suffering from a rare form of motor neurone disease called progressive muscular atrophy. His body is almost totally paralysed, apart from limited movement in his head and in one foot. There is no cure for the disease and the life expectancy for sufferers is between five and ten years after diagnosis. He believes he was infected by an insect bite four years ago.

He was supposed to be wheeled around the course of the Great North Run last week, but he didn't show. His place was taken at the last minute because he was too ill to appear. In the words of his wife:

""The spirit is willing but sadly the flesh is getting weaker"

Mike Gregory, 43, who played rugby league for Warrington and Great Britain, is suffering from a rare form of motor neurone disease called progressive muscular atrophy. His body is almost totally paralysed, apart from limited movement in his head and in one foot. There is no cure for the disease and the life expectancy for sufferers is between five and ten years after diagnosis. He believes he was infected by an insect bite four years ago.

He was supposed to be wheeled around the course of the Great North Run last week, but he didn't show. His place was taken at the last minute because he was too ill to appear. In the words of his wife:

""The spirit is willing but sadly the flesh is getting weaker"

Link to an identical looking site, about Rugby League rather than celebrity deaths! :D