Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Guest Deadly Serious
Thread titles are slogans because thread titles advertise the base of the conversation, just as commercials advertise products or just as magazines advertise lies, or just as comedy advertises humour, or occasionally humour that doesn't make people laugh. I just have no idea why this threads slogan advertises the opposite purpose of this thread all together. I think ideas and possibilities are just that, just as I say them and the reason the main exact 'reason' I usually don't contribute to this ideas and possibility thread is because at the show down of consideration I feel my ideas won't be taken into possibility because they won't be read. This whole thread is like Banshees Scream writing a thousand words on a wall, you will only read a few of them.

Had a sense of humour bypass recently? Okay it's not the funniest joke in the world but it is slightly titillating.

Does it get any sicker than this? Posting death threats to a 9 year old battling leukemia!

Obviously, she's national news, battling death on two fronts, assuming those posts are serious, and - under current rules - able to accrue DDP points.

Do we have anyone in Shrewsbury or thereabouts with an inside track on this. I mean, what has she - or any of her family - done to deserve that level of abuse?

Imran Khan has begun a hunger strike following his arrest last week

Imran Khan has begun a hunger strike following his arrest last week

I saw the film ...The Wrath of Khan :lol:

Imran Khan is NOT going to die on a hunger strike, s'cuse the cynicism but he's the leader of a party with one MP (himself). He's one part Ghandi, one part Robert Kilroy-Silk, and he's too much of an egotist to show staying power like the IRA guys of old.

I confidently predict, blah, blah, blah - either way, my scribbled DDP long list hasn't been redrafted.

Nora Hardwick 102 year old nude calendar model. Relax, there are no pictures on the link. Might - just - get a tabloid paragraph if she goes next year and - therefore - DDP points.

I'd be shocked if naked old person didn't get a tabloid obit. Esspecially if she dies fending of a chav. Obviously Castro has shown aging communists can be troublesome but might be worth considering Jiang Zemin former long serving leader of China. No information on his health (there wouldn't be) but he's now 81 ,is very rarley seen in public and has gave up the last of his offical titles. Probably a long shot though.

Jiang Zemin former long serving leader of China. No information on his health (there wouldn't be) but he's now 81 ,is very rarley seen in public and has gave up the last of his offical titles. Probably a long shot though.

Jiang Zemin is fine. He appeared at the NPC congress last month and looked fit and healthy for an 81 yo. Won't be going in teh next year unless there is a dodgy ticker, which in an 81 yo, you never know. I wonder.....

Nicholas Jake Barton, great-grandson of Sir Winston Churchill has just pleaded guilty in Australia to getting involved in the supply 250 000 ecstasy tablets. (The Guardian suggest that his haul was worth £6.5 million, which works out at £26 a tablet :) )

Anyway, of note to deadpoolers was the fact that his mother, Winston's granddaughter, Arabella Spencer-Churchill was not present to support him in court, despite her previous promises to be there.

According to the Daily Mail she said

"I am not now going. I am unwell. I don't wish to talk about it any further."

Says a family friend:

"I am amazed she isn't going. But obviously she must have very good reasons for not doing so."

According to The Daily Telegraph, she was seriously ill at the time of her son's arrest in July 2006.

No idea what her health problems are, but she'll most certainly get UK obits if she dies. She's quite famous for her involvement in the Glastonbury Festival.

She's an interesting lady, Arabella, several years ago I had the pleasure of going to a party at her house and what a party it was :lol: Her son would have done some brisk business there...

Danny Federici, founding member and keyboard player with the E Street Band, has had to quit the group because he is serously ill with cancer.

This article says he's got melanoma, which I think is one of the nastier types of cancer. :angry:

I wonder how many unique picks I'm going to manage on the DDP next year :lol:

Jack Poole the man in charge of organising 2010 Vancouver Olympics, suffering from pancreatic cancer. I just thought I would mention it, in case anyone is looking for an ill Canadian for a certain upcoming deadpool.

Jack's back on track. Will keep him on the Ideas and Possibilities list though, as pancreatic cancer is a tough one.

Meanwhile former Khmer Rouge foreign minister, "Brother Number Three" Ieng Sary is suffering from serious heart problems and prostate cancer. It was reported last year that he lives

"...in an opulent Phnom Penh villa surrounded by security guards and barbed wire."

Ieng Sary has been arrestimatated along with wifey. As always, make of it what you will.

Hk Actress / entertainer / personality Lydia Shum has been rushed to hospital.

Rumoured here to be suffering stage 4 liver cancer since last year.

Probably just famous enough to squeak a UK obit.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail....;d_str=20071012

She managed to wheel herself out to accept an honour. Will add her to the big list, with reservations about the obituary.

Former Polish president Lech Walesa wants to have a heart transplant. He "could die" if he doesn't.

Ask and ye shall receive, at least if you're the former President of Poland. I think this implies that he's good to go now, but trudging through health articles all day has made my vision blurry.

One of Devon's most notorious killers, Anthony John Allen, 73, is not in the best of health. This article says that he seriously ill suffering from diabetes, ischaemic heart disease and pleural thickening of the lungs.

The poor lamb has just lost a court case, claiming that his human rights were breached because he was kept handcuffed while in hospital.

He killed his wife and two children and remained free for 26 years before he was convicted of their murders. Their bodies have never been found.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver, sister of JFK and founder of the Special Olympics, has been hospitalized in Boston.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver Hospitalized

First of all, thank you for using the best Family Guy moment ever for your avatar. Secondly, thank you for pointing this out. Everyone's been keeping such a close eye on ol' Sargeant (who no longer recognizes many people close to him, according to son-in-law Arnie), that Eunice might just slip under the radar unnoticed.

I looked at people who are nearly a 100 or over 100 who are famous....

People born in .... and still alive and kicking

Zheng Ji Chinese Biochemist

Frederica Sagor Maas American Playwright Author and Essayist

Boris Efimovich Efimov Soviet Political Cartoonist (still working)

Jack A. Weil entrepreneur

Albert Hamilton Gordon American businessman and philanthropist

Hugues Cuénod, Swiss Tenor

H. J. Blackham, British humanist and author

Roy Neuberger, American financier and art collector

Phyllis Whitney, American mystery writer

Edward Upward, British author

Johannes Heesters, Dutch singer and actor

Philip Rabinowitz, South African record breaking sprinter

Doris Eaton Travis, American actress

Henri Cartan, French mathematician

Joseph M. Juran, American engineer and philanthropist

Marie Glory, French silent screen actress

Leopold Engleitner, Holocaust survivor

Haakon Lie, Norwegian politician

Emilio Navarro, Puerto Rican baseball player

Albert Hofmann, Swiss chemist (I know he already been mentioned in the list)

Igor Moiseyev, Russian choreographer

Francisco Ayala, Spanish writer

Viktor Schreckengost, American industrial designer

Edgar Wayburn, American environmentalist

Kazuo Ohno, Japanese dancer

Eva Zeisel, Hungarian-born industrial designer

Barbara Kent, Canadian actress

Oscar Brodney, American screenwriter

Elly Beinhorn, German pilot

Ruth Patrick, botanist

Roy Douglas, British composer

Phillip Grolnick, American pharmacist and photographer

Oscar Niemeyer, Brazilian architect

Jean Delannoy, French film director

Onni Määttänen, the oldest living Knight of the Mannerheim Cross

Marina Semenova, Russian ballerina

Billy Werber, American baseball player

Rica Erickson, Australian botanist

Hannah Frank, Scottish artist and sculptor

Michael E. DeBakey, American physician

Reginald C. Fuller, Roman Catholic priest and writer in England

Sœur Emmanuelle, French nun

Claude Lévi-Strauss, Belgian-born anthropologist

Elliott Carter, American composer

Manoel de Oliveira, Portuguese film director

I know some of these might not be famous enough for the death list but I still thought I add it.

Guest Guest
I looked at people who are nearly a <snip>

Igor Moiseyev, Russian choreographer

Igor Moiseyev died on November 2 at current year.

Most of the quoted post deleted, not necessary to quote the whole thing

Edited by heaven can wait