Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Does anyone have any health info on Baron Francis Pym ? I know he'll be 85 in February but that's about it.

Yes. Not a well chap at all. Been on my DDP for years, and will continue to be until he drops. Used to live near him and also used to work for the NHS in Bedfordshire (where he lives) so I've known since 2003 he's been ill. Yet he carries on regardless.... :ghost:

Ill? C'mon man, don't leave us hanging. Piles, Alheimers, cancer?.....

Initially, cancer. Now has a form of dementia, I'm led to believe. No idea if the cancer has been beaten, but I know he was having treatment for it a few years back. What I do know for sure is the fact that he is on a permament leave of absence from the House of Lords due to ill health, one of only a compartively small amount who are.

Initially, cancer. Now has a form of dementia, I'm led to believe. No idea if the cancer has been beaten, but I know he was having treatment for it a few years back. What I do know for sure is the fact that he is on a permament leave of absence from the House of Lords due to ill health, one of only a compartively small amount who are.

You might be quids in this year Octo.... :dead:

You might be quids in this year Octo.... :dead:

Aye, but thought I was in 2005 & 2006 too.... :dead:

Let's put it this way, he's not been seen or heard in public for quite some time...

(I know this isn't always a sign they are near death's door, but considering his political history you'd think he'd say something...)

I thought the same was true of Lord Carr until I saw a note saying he was "fine, but now retired".

The people in my signature could be hopeful 2008 canidates. Heck, one of them has already died this year. But unfortunately it was a Canadian, who'll be sadly missed, so hopeflly they'll induct her into the Canadian hall of fame this year.

The people in my signature could be hopeful 2008 canidates. Heck, one of them has already died this year. But unfortunately it was a Canadian, who'll be sadly missed, so hopeflly they'll induct her into the Canadian hall of fame this year.

Some interesting choices, but since I've been put to shame with my spelling today, I'd like to pass the torch and mention that it's Martin Landau, Karla Homolka and Magic Johnson.

Trust me, it's better that I point them out than others here. I'm merely a gentle prodding. :)

• Like 1

Some interesting choices, but since I've been put to shame with my spelling today, I'd like to pass the torch and mention that it's Martin Landau, Karla Homolka and Magic Johnson.

Trust me, it's better that I point them out than others here. I'm merely a gentle prodding. :P

Merv Griffin and Christopher Lee (although I'm sure Christoher was a typo :D )

Trust me, it's better that I point them out than others here. I'm merely a gentle prodding. :crossbone:

Merv Griffin and Christopher Lee (although I'm sure Christoher was a typo :crossbone: )

Yes, the Christopher was a typo. But, hey, at least I was close with most of them. :unsure: & I should've known the Homolka one.

Trust me, it's better that I point them out than others here. I'm merely a gentle prodding. :crossbone:

Merv Griffin and Christopher Lee (although I'm sure Christoher was a typo :crossbone: )

Yes, the Christopher was a typo. But, hey, at least I was close with most of them. :unsure: & I should've known the Homolka one.

Fidel Castro. Now you're just doing it on purpose, aren't you? :skull:

Guest Mike

What about Phyllis Diller?

Phyllis Diller July17, 1917 - comedian

Frances Bay Jan 1, 1918 - actress

Mrs. Bay here plays elderly women in movies and TV shows, notably known as Happy Gilmore's oblivious aunt. In 2002 she was struck by a car and had part of leg amputated only after the passing of her husband..

I think also that we should put Margaret Thatcher back on the list. She didn't look to good at Reagan's funeral, it's on a matter of time..anyone agree?

Guest Guest
What about Phyllis Diller?

Phyllis Diller July17, 1917 - comedian

Frances Bay Jan 1, 1918 - actress

Mrs. Bay here plays elderly women in movies and TV shows, notably known as Happy Gilmore's oblivious aunt. In 2002 she was struck by a car and had part of leg amputated only after the passing of her husband..

I think also that we should put Margaret Thatcher back on the list. She didn't look to good at Reagan's funeral, it's on a matter of time..anyone agree?

Phyllis Diller often appears as one of the panelists in the later stages of Last Comic Standing, also from the interviews she's given over the past couple of months she seems quite alert and healthy. Maybe one to watch over the next couple of years, but I don't think she's going to drop dead until she's at least 95

Charles Taylor, 22 nd president of Liberia and facing trial on some fairly big wrongdoings on April 2nd this year. Quite a few people in his position don't - like - make it to trial. Those that do tend to go downhill fast.

Trust me, it's better that I point them out than others here. I'm merely a gentle prodding. :o

Merv Griffin and Christopher Lee (although I'm sure Christoher was a typo ;) )

Yes, the Christopher was a typo. But, hey, at least I was close with most of them. :D & I should've known the Homolka one.

Fidel Castro. Now you're just doing it on purpose, aren't you? :)

Don't make me purposely spell things wrong. ;)

if Jade Goody gets put in a safe house, with an 11 month lease, I'd plump (eh?) for her for 2008. There's quite a large Halibut population in India, and that would be one fatwa (er?) I think we'd all endorse

if Jade Goody gets put in a safe house, with an 11 month lease, I'd plump (eh?) for her for 2008. There's quite a large Halibut population in India, and that would be one fatwa (er?) I think we'd all endorse

I don't think you'd need to be Halibut to want to do nasty things to her after some of the things she is supposed to have said. Anyway, the Hindus are quite warfaring, aren't they? Don't need to rely on the Halibut minority.

Just hope the silly slapper has a holiday in Goa this year.

The Canadian blues guitarist and singer Jeff Healey ,aged 40, has just had major surgery to remove cancerous cells in both of his lungs.

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. :D

The Prime Minister of Montenegro, Zeljko Sturanovic has been diagnosed with lung cancer. :D It obviously isn't healthy running a former Yugoslav republic - Slobodan Milosevic died of heart problems, Rugova died of cancer and now the leaders of Slovenia and Monetenegro are also fighting the disease.

Cha Burns, guitarist for Scottish band The Silencers and a former member of Adam Ant's group, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Very early in the year. It's whether he can hold out till 2008.

Definitely one to keep under the Stetson methinks.... :(

Luise Rainer, Jane Wyman and Olivia de Havilland have all been suggested in the past, but how about other academy award winners around the same time such as

Jennifer Jones (born March 2nd 1919) won the 1943 Academy Award for Best Actress for The Song of Bernadette

Joan Fontaine (born October 22nd 1917) won the 1941 Academy Award for Best Actress for Suspicion

Joan Fontaine (born October 22nd 1917) won the 1941 Academy Award for Best Actress for Suspicion

While de Havilland has the extra yeare and the sicklier childhood, her sheer continual presence at awards shows and the like make me think that Joan Fontaine will assuredly die first. De Havilland is everywhere and looks quite healthy; I have no idea what Joan Fontaine's been doing the last twenty years.