Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Here's an image of the walking skeleton:

479012.jpg

Makes Posh Spice look obese.

Here's an image of the walking skeleton:

479012.jpg

Makes Posh Spice look obese.

When's Sir Bob going to appear begging us to part with our cash to feed all these poor malnourished people?

Umaru Yar'Adua, the man likely to become the next President of Nigeria in the upcoming elections, seems to be enthusiastically embracing the tradition of ill health in African politics. He has kidney problems and has received dialysis treatment, also his speech is interrupted by a persistent cough.

In January he challenged journalists who cast doubt on his health to a game of squash. Last week he was hospitalised in Germany after collapsing with what is rumoured to be a heart attack (although he described it as 'stress')

Nigerian Presidential candidate dies. Damn shame it is a completely different candidate to the one mentioned above. :lol:

The Kashmiri separatist leader, Ali Shah Geelani, who only has one kidney, has been diagnosed with cancer of the...kidney. :crossbone:

Detoriating Fast

Don't think he'll be around for 2008 DDP/DL consideration but he's worth thinking about for WDP etc.

Successful surgery, prognosis good and recovering rapidly.

Obviously to be taken with a grain of salt, since it's all from the same source, but he looks like he might be alright yet. Would actually be helpful for me, since I've narrowed my WDP candidates down to 11 for the 10 spots, so this could tip the balance...

Olly Byrne, the owner of Shelbourne FC, Irelands reigning league champions, has had to step down as he is suffering from a malignant brain tumour. :crossbone:

Rose Hacker 101 year old newspaper columnist.

Thought this may be an April Fool at first, but she's the real deal. Even says she'd welcome death, our kinda gal, eh?

Here's the skinny on the two candidates on my new WDP that haven't been mentioned yet:

Lobby Loyde, former Rose Tattoo guitarist, has terminal lung cancer. It was reported on heavily when Thorpe died earlier, but most of those articles have disappeared now.

Derryn Hinch, meanwhile, while having surgery to remove a brain tumor, is also having a growth on his liver looked at, which is in addition to his advanced cirrhosis. Most tellingly of all, Hinch claims he'll top himself if the pain becomes too great, hence the reason I asked if the suicide bonus still applied. No news on him since then.

The folk musician Bruce Langhorne, the subject of Bob Dylan's 'Mr Tambourine Man', who played on many of Dylan's albums, isn't in the best of health. In the last 12 months he has suffered a stroke, a digestive disorder and been treated for a tumour on his pituitary gland. Another article, a few months old now, mentions a tumour on his brain.

A multi talented man, he is also the inventor of Brother Bru-Bru's Special African Chilli Sauce.

Edited by football_fan

Here's the skinny on the two candidates on my new WDP that haven't been mentioned yet:

Lobby Loyde, former Rose Tattoo guitarist, has terminal lung cancer. It was reported on heavily when Thorpe died earlier, but most of those articles have disappeared now.

Derryn Hinch, meanwhile, while having surgery to remove a brain tumor, is also having a growth on his liver looked at, which is in addition to his advanced cirrhosis. Most tellingly of all, Hinch claims he'll top himself if the pain becomes too great, hence the reason I asked if the suicide bonus still applied. No news on him since then.

hows Derryn doing then. did he have that Op?

Mentioned on the Dead thread of late, we should probably keep an eye on the last surviving person from the Berlin bunker.

hows Derryn doing then. did he have that Op?

No clue. Not so much as a blog mention since that article. Risky for sure, but worth it in my mind.

Mentioned on the Dead thread of late, we should probably keep an eye on the last surviving person from the Berlin bunker.

For a while I thought Johannes Hentschel was still alive until I found out he died in 1982...

Should the King of Nepal lose his vote on 20th June he may be worth considering.

He doesn't have many allies, and with no State protection he could get involved in a number of 'accidents'. Or they could shoot him of course.

Guest Dash

Too late for this year, but next year should include Lucianno Pavarotti, opera star since he has terminal esophogial cancer.

Too late for this year, but next year should include Lucianno Pavarotti, opera star since he has terminal esophogial cancer.

Terminal? I must have missed that. Crap.

Indeed, it isn't like he's got his own thread or anything.

Indeed, it isn't like he's got his own thread or anything.

Indeed. Then stop moaning and f*****g move it Mr Moderator...

Not only did all us unenlightened brains miss that, apparently we missed the fact that he has esophageal (the correct spelling - not esophogial) cancer rather than the pancreatic mass that was found.

Either that or Mr/Mrs/Miss Dash has got Pava mixed up with someone else.

Guest Guest

What about that twat who play's Harry Potter? His passing would really stuff the series of films.

What about that twat who play's Harry Potter? His passing would really stuff the series of films.

Not quite sure you've got the hang of this, old bean. This is about evidence-based (admittedly not always very good evidence) conjecture, not wish-fulfilment. If I believed that merely mentioning someone here would bring about their imminent demise I would have suggested Ben Fogle years ago.

Whar about Ben Fogle? That would really annoy some seals or something. Yeah.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, 87, former top man of Israel's Sephardic Jewish community and leader of the ultra-Orthodox Shas party in Israel's Parliament, has very serious heart problems. In a recent rare public appearance, he named his successor:

"Before delivering his sermon, the rabbi apologized for being brief because "I am not all that well," relating that which everyone had known."

I'm still trying to fathom the hidden meaning of the following statement:

"The level of tension in the rabbi's house became palpable some 10 days ago, when an ambulance was rushed there after the rabbi coughed unusually hard during morning prayer. The rabbi recovered and the ambulance was sent back."
:huh:

I think he should get a UK obit, but I'm often wrong. :)

Seeing as Mick Jagger's dad's death was reported in the UK press, I feel it is only fair to mention that Keith Richard's mother, Doris Richards, is in a private hospital suffering from cancer. She became sick ten months ago and her condition has not improved. By all accounts she is not too impressed at her son's ash snorting revelations.