Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

The first is - just - about in the frame since she's expected to live to about 14 and is on her way for treatment to prolong her life into DDP scoring territory.

Yes, but not for 7 YEARS!! So, putting her on I & P possibilities for 2008 is a little premature, no?

Aye, but putting her on another thread is inappropriate too and giving her a mention in her own thread is ranter bait above and beyond funny. If someone would kindly direct me to the possibles 2014 thread I'll stick her there. Anyway, Clive Dunn/Ronnie Biggs decades of predictions between them and still breathing.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST DROP IT. ITS A FU*CKIN CHILD YOU F*CKIN IDIOT. I ASKED YOU NICELY AND NOW I'M TELLIN YOU! DROP IT.

Young man, many may agree with the basic premise of your less than erudite expostulation. You should know, however, that the subject of picking children for deadpools has been discussed in detail many times before you arrived here at Deathlist. Maybe you would like to view the Kir5ty Howard or J0sie Gr0ve thread and acquaint yourself with the more intelligent debate on the subjects of libertarianism, reality and equal opportunities.

Furthermore, it is a bit rich for a member advertising/spamming a website seeking to make a PROFIT out of death, suddenly deciding to take the moral high ground in this instance. Your threats are very amusing by the way.

Best wishes. :huh:

i don't need to veiw any threads about children, to me its a no go area and everyone else is fair game, there is a fine line in this job and i don't cross it.

why can't that be a solid rule. and yes i do profit but not from children. my web site and everything that came with cost thousands and more, do you work for nothing? does the undertaker work for nothing? no, well i run betting shops and i don't neither.

Fair point - and I happen to agree with you about picking under 16s, I wouldn't do it either, but each to their own. You might be interested to know that the Derby Dead Pool did a quick poll at the end of last year about picking children, I stand to be corrected on this, but I think the vote was about 51% against and 49% in favour.

Still can't get my head around the idea of betting hard cash on death - that wouldn't sit easily with me at all. But good luck with it anyway. You're a braver man than me investing that amount of cash in it. :o

Watch 2 horse races this weekend, but put 10 bob on one race (or an amount of money that has no meaning).

the 10 bob is for interest not gain,

let me know which was the better race,

But can you walk in to a betting shop and put money on a horse dying in a race? And I can't go to the races this weekend, I'm going to Wembley.

But can you walk in to a betting shop and put money on a horse dying in a race? And I can't go to the races this weekend, I'm going to Wembley.

Are thats better, forget the bets, i have that all day long,

man u will win 2-1 yes? yes!

Guest Guest

Barbera West ( b 1912) titanic suvivor is currently incapacitated and needs constant medical care

maybe she'll go under

Mr / Ms. Dodgers,

You are from Liverpool I believe. I think someone else may have mentioned that the citizens of that noble port may be somewhat egregious in their sanctimony at times.

The former Prime Minister and President of Trinidad and Tobago, Arthur Robinson has been hospitalised for undisclosed health reasons. He has a long history of heart problems.

Re the kiddie/moral panic explosion above:

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this either. I'll be honest enough to say I apply moral standards to my life that I'm happy to leave behind posting on here, where half the fun seems to me to be accepting the inevitability of death and tragedy and gaining what cathartic fun we can in the face of the relentless march of mortality. For all that I won't even contemplate betting money on the death of someone, though I've yet to find a tragedy I couldn't laugh at, even those close to home, where - incidentally - I wasn't the only one laughing. I carry an organ doner card and in the event of my death would hope my relatives would feel good if my mortal remains prolonged the life of an innocent victim of biological chance, like Jezzica Wales.

For all that, she's 18, made the national press and qualifies under DDP rules. I'm not blaming the rule makers, we all have a choice. Assuming she was doing a Jozie Grove next christmas and braving it out with weeks left, I wonder how many would play a joker.

Reet, enough stirring for one morning, be seeing yers.

anyway..... Bo Diddley is responding to treatment, but still having problems communicating.

Still one worth watching for next year...

Guest Guest

Donna Fargo has multiple sclerosis according to wikipedia.

Odstock, would you like to put Fargo on to your DDP next year along with Tony Snow and Robert Mugabe?

:flame:

Donna Fargo has multiple sclerosis according to wikipedia.

Odstock, would you like to put Fargo on to your DDP next year along with Tony Snow and Robert Mugabe?

:flame:

No. To all three.

One, I don't know who Fargo is & I don't pick people I've never heard of. Besides I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as a sole source. Snow looks like he'll recover & Mugabe doesn't look like dying - naturally - any time soon.

You pick your team, I'll pick mine, thank you very much. And that's Mr Odstock to you. :)

Again, new user trying to figure out what's what. What are "DDP" and "WDP"?? If this like a personal "pool" competition, how does it work and how do we get in it???

Again, new user trying to figure out what's what. What are "DDP" and "WDP"?? If this like a personal "pool" competition, how does it work and how do we get in it???

The DDP ( DDP thread ) and WDP ( WDP thread ) are deadpools that several of our members participate in. For more information, take a look at the links.

anyway..... Bo Diddley is responding to treatment, but still having problems communicating.

Still one worth watching for next year...

Looks like he might go the same way as Papon, Valenti, Spelling, Pinochet etc. etc. Might be good to punt out Snow on my list and replace him with Diddley for the upcoming RDP.

Re the kiddie/moral panic explosion above:

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this either. I'll be honest enough to say I apply moral standards to my life that I'm happy to leave behind posting on here, where half the fun seems to me to be accepting the inevitability of death and tragedy and gaining what cathartic fun we can in the face of the relentless march of mortality. For all that I won't even contemplate betting money on the death of someone, though I've yet to find a tragedy I couldn't laugh at, even those close to home, where - incidentally - I wasn't the only one laughing. I carry an organ doner card and in the event of my death would hope my relatives would feel good if my mortal remains prolonged the life of an innocent victim of biological chance, like Jezzica Wales.

For all that, she's 18, made the national press and qualifies under DDP rules. I'm not blaming the rule makers, we all have a choice. Assuming she was doing a Jozie Grove next christmas and braving it out with weeks left, I wonder how many would play a joker.

Reet, enough stirring for one morning, be seeing yers.

In my league, we don't pick anyone under 18, but in a larger sense, morality doesn't really apply. As long as you don't kill the people yourself or do something to affect them, it has no meaning. Lots of people would say that anyone who bets, makes sport or competes on someone's demise is immoral. I think it's just an amusing past time that is fun and somewhat profitable. We shouldn't get too hung up on this. If you don't want to pick kids, don't. If you do, compete somewhere that allows it. Trying to apply morals to this is silly.

That's a very sensible and well-thought-out point of view Deadsox. I agree with you entirely.

The only thing it doesn't take into account is the horde of self-righteous ranters who will hold you in contempt for your hobby.

But we don't give two hoots about them, do we?

nah we don't care. i've got no problem picking people of any age.

even though the youngest person on my list is 42 this year.

i did consider Harvey Yorke as an outsider...

Did anyone see the BAFTAs on TV tonight? I'm sure I heard Alan Yentob say something about someone who wasn't very well and his thoughts were with 'Alan and all his family' - Alan Whicker? He's the only famous Alan I can think of.

Did anyone see the BAFTAs on TV tonight? I'm sure I heard Alan Yentob say something about someone who wasn't very well and his thoughts were with 'Alan and all his family' - Alan Whicker? He's the only famous Alan I can think of.

I didn't see this but my guess would be Alan Johnston, the BBC journalist who has been missing in Gaza for 69 days.

I didn't see this but my guess would be Alan Johnston, the BBC journalist who has been missing in Gaza for 69 days.

Of course, how dense of me! :)

Abdul Aziz al-Hakim, a very big cheese in the Iraqi Sh'ite community and leader of Iraq's largest political party, is suffering from lung cancer. :referee:

Meanwhile, Iraqi President, Jalal Talabani has gone to America to 'lose weight'. He was hospitalised earlier in the year with 'exhaustion'. There could be more to his health problems than his media people have given away. :)

I don't know about 2008, but Percy Sonn, President of the International Cricket Council is evidently seriously ill in intensive care following a recent operation. Definitely a UK obit. somewhere, not least because of his ill-considered behaviour during the 2003 World Cup and the debacle of this year's effort.

That's a very sensible and well-thought-out point of view Deadsox. I agree with you entirely.

The only thing it doesn't take into account is the horde of self-righteous ranters who will hold you in contempt for your hobby.

But we don't give two hoots about them, do we?

Nope.

Paul Newman, 82, is going to retire

"I'm just, you know, you start to lose your memory, you start to lose your confidence, you start to lose your invention. So I think that's pretty much a closed book for me."