Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Hmmm let me think, some of my nominations for 2008 are:

These will have to do for now, I shall think of some more soon.

These will have to do for now, I shall think of some more soon.

Got a few more:

Welcome aboard HHNF (Can I call you that?)

Sure!

Interesting choices.

Well... I suppose. ;-)

Engelbert, does HHNF have an insight denied the rest of us, granted he's well into the pensionable years. But he's keeping well, isn't he?

Engelbert, does HHNF have an insight denied the rest of us, granted he's well into the pensionable years. But he's keeping well, isn't he?

That makes him an ideal candidate then.

You have to have at least one "Wild Card" to make things more interesting.

There is enough slack within the picks process to have some youngsters, wild cards as well as the usual band of coffin dodgers.

To be honest, most of the (in)famous that have died this year, many have been well under 70. Well, the ones I recall anyway... So you never know. I just thought I had to nominate a few that were a tad younger...

Ok so he probably won't get a full obit but surely there'll be some sort of news coverage when this man dies? I'm talking about Pall Arason, a 92 year old Icelandic man who has agreed to donate his member to Iceland's Phallology museum when he dies.

http://www.nerve.com/regulars/quickies/penisDonation/

I don't know what worries me more.... a man wanting to donate his penis after his death, or the fact that Iceland has a phallology museum... *puts it on the to do list for her honeymoon in Reykjavik*

Casagrande, the Brazilian footballer, aged 43, who played in the 1986 World Cup is in intensive care with heart problems.

Casagrande has recovered from his heart problems. Now he's in intensive care, unconscious after getting involved in a multi car pile up in Sao Paulo.

Why do most of my posts seemt to be about anorectics?

Here's another one. Warning - disturbing image

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/0...anorexia.model/

Yes, quite an "in your face" advert.

You can just imagine all the anorexics, when seeing that, will be thinking "Bloody hell, shes fat!"

Cant quite see that one working somehow.

PS: Handy, whats an anorectic? I would wonder if you had been on the sauce but i know you are pretty much teetotal.

Ok so he probably won't get a full obit but surely there'll be some sort of news coverage when this man dies? I'm talking about Pall Arason, a 92 year old Icelandic man who has agreed to donate his member to Iceland's Phallology museum when he dies.

http://www.nerve.com/regulars/quickies/penisDonation/

I don't know what worries me more.... a man wanting to donate his penis after his death, or the fact that Iceland has a phallology museum... *puts it on the to do list for her honeymoon in Reykjavik*

I walked all over Reykjavik (takes about 10 minutes) looking for this museum last year and couldn't find it. It's in the guide books but I think it might have closed so Mr Arason might seek to push his plonker elsewhere.

Randy Pausch, 46 years old, American, computer wizard/author/lecturer has terminal pancreatic cancer. :rolleyes:

UK obit? Well, I doubt it personally, but you never know. Ultimately he won't make 2008, I suspect, but again, you just don't know....

Randy Pausch, 46 years old, American, computer wizard/author/lecturer has terminal pancreatic cancer. :rolleyes:

UK obit? Well, I doubt it personally, but you never know. Ultimately he won't make 2008, I suspect, but again, you just don't know....

Maybe we could him as a test case. If he snuffs it B4 new year and gets a UK obit, then we'd know that when an equivalent person is dying, we would know to put them in. Each case is different but rule of thumb you know?

;)

Why do most of my posts seemt to be about anorectics?

Here's another one. Warning - disturbing image

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/0...anorexia.model/

Yes, quite an "in your face" advert.

You can just imagine all the anorexics, when seeing that, will be thinking "Bloody hell, shes fat!"

Cant quite see that one working somehow.

PS: Handy, whats an anorectic? I would wonder if you had been on the sauce but i know you are pretty much teetotal.

I can't see it working either, the pro-ana brigade will be using her as thinspiration. An anorectic is an appetite surpressor though can also be used to describe someone suffering from anorexia.

I know this could be construed as low hanging fruit, but David Beckham's dad, Ted Beckham, is fighting for his life after suffering a heart attack.

Maybe we could him as a test case. If he snuffs it B4 new year and gets a UK obit, then we'd know that when an equivalent person is dying, we would know to put them in. Each case is different but rule of thumb you know?

;)

Or maybe you could pick half famous people to save yourself the worry.

Or maybe you could pick half famous people to save yourself the worry.

As in obscure European royalty and worthless aristocrats?

Open verdict on Jessica Gilbert More dodgy and unfinished business for the DL. Whether this makes her dad's suicide more or less likely is open to discussion. But if you look closely between the lines of the linked report, he doesn't come out of it too well.

The Canadian blues guitarist and singer Jeff Healey ,aged 40, has just had major surgery to remove cancerous cells in both of his lungs.

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. :rolleyes:

According to his official website, he had a quick recovery and has been touring for months now. Won't remove him off the big list, since he's had poor luck since birth, but I'll amend it.

According to his official website, the cancer has returned to his lungs and he's cancelling a tour of Scandanavia.

I'm still not sure about his UK obit chances, but I am sure he is going to die before too long. ;)

Guest Guest
The Canadian blues guitarist and singer Jeff Healey ,aged 40, has just had major surgery to remove cancerous cells in both of his lungs.

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. ;)

According to his official website, he had a quick recovery and has been touring for months now. Won't remove him off the big list, since he's had poor luck since birth, but I'll amend it.

According to his official website, the cancer has returned to his lungs and he's cancelling a tour of Scandanavia.

I'm still not sure about his UK obit chances, but I am sure he is going to die before too long. :wub:

It would be strange if Jeff Healey and Fidel Castro die the same day let's wait and see what happens in the next few days. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. ;)

I'm still not sure about his UK obit chances, but I am sure he is going to die before too long. :wub:

Does this mean you're going to be putting him on your DDP next year? I'm putting him on mine. :rolleyes:

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. :rolleyes:

I'm still not sure about his UK obit chances, but I am sure he is going to die before too long. ;)

His uk obit chances are very good, I bought one of his singles back in the late 80s when I was living in England.

Most likely one place he'll get an obit is in the NME

Does this mean you're going to be putting him on your DDP next year? I'm putting him on mine. :rolleyes:

I dunno guest, I'm not sure how Jeff Healey would fit in to the ecclesiastical dream team I'm preparing for next year...