Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Country legend Porter Wagoner is seriously ill in hospital. This article says his condition is still to be diagnosed and his condition is deteriorating.

Porter is in serious condition at a local hospital and is asking for prayers from his friends and fans.

Porter Wagoner has lung cancer :banghead: .

Hmmm, never heard of him. What a stupid name, as presumably he's neither a wagoner nor a porter, but rather a soon-to-die former country singer.

Country legend Porter Wagoner is seriously ill in hospital. This article says his condition is still to be diagnosed and his condition is deteriorating.

Porter is in serious condition at a local hospital and is asking for prayers from his friends and fans.

Porter Wagoner has lung cancer :banghead: .

Hmmm, never heard of him. What a stupid name, as presumably he's neither a wagoner nor a porter, but rather a soon-to-die former country singer.

He's a Nashville legend, CR, his nickname is 'Mr Grand Ole Opry', he'll get a ton of obits when he goes. And he's famous for his association with Dolly Parton.

Meanwhile, over at the Porter message board, they've started a prayer thread for our hero :lol: .

Meanwhile, over at the Porter message board, they've started a prayer thread for our hero :banghead: .

Deeeeeeeeeeaaarr Father pray1.gif

I hope you can hear me in the 'Ideas And Possibilities For 2008' thread. I doubt you can but .. I have faith.

Father, I must confess that I'm insulted with your doings for parents are naming their children after ridiculous professions and more the less, just tasteless ones. The definition of porter is ' a person employed to carry luggage and supplies' and the definition of 'wagoner' father means 'the driver of a wagon' so either way his parents must have thought him to be somebody's bitch from day one.

Father is the Chinese way the only way? I'm confident you will design a solution.

Bless you father, and bless all those who read this.

Amen

The British Badger, not any one British Badger, more like 80% of them.

This could be the end of the shaving brush as we know it!

Talking of Israel: Shimon Peres is 84, and Ariel Sharon is still in a vegetative state.

It doesn't seem like vegetative states mean that anything is eminent. Look at Sonny Von Bulow. Anyway I need to cut this list down to about five by the end of the year unless it is cuts itself naturally:

Sharon Ariel 2/27/1928

Farrakhan Louis 5/11/1933

Ali Mohammid 1/17/1942

Ebert Roger 6/18/1942

Eszterhas Joe 11/23/1944

Kristel Sylvia 9/28/1952

Graham Billy 11/7/1918

Smith Ian 4/8/1919

Stevens John Paul 4/20/1920

Bradbury Ray 8/22/1920

Shuttlesworth Fred L. 3/18/1922

Klugman Jack 4/27/1922

Briggs Ronnie 8/8/1929

Steinbrenner George 7/4/1930

Pinter Harold 10/10/1930

Taylor Elizabeth 2/27/1932

Johansson Ingemar 9/22/1932

de Klerk, F. W. 3/18/1936

Stubbs Levi 6/6/1936

Travers Mary 11/9/1936

Harald V of Norway King 2/21/1937

Bouteflika Abdekaziz 3/2/1937

My League is 10 points - first digit in age, so less points for older people. Thoughts or advice?

Marathon runner Kerryn McCann who won gold medals at the 2002 and 2006 Commonwealth Games has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

McCann beats the cancer.

Kerryn McCann is still fighting cancer.

"The cancer I have, it's a grade three and it's aggressive cancer. It's not the one you want ..."

I find her story especially sad, given that she was diagnosed when she was six months pregnant, I hope she pulls through.

Yeah, me too. I mean, if it lingers we could have another Jane Tomlinson on our hands.

Coats on!

Willoughby Goddard is still alive - aged 81 - according to his Wiki entry. Surely his bulk alone puts too many more years beyond him. The picture below is from an Avengers episode; from the sixties.

015_2.gif

Serious name dropping:

Don't know where to put this really. It's more of a "strike off" note since most of those I saw looked very fit and healthy and good for many years to come. Inexplicably I found myself at a very posh do tonight to mark the 50th anniversary of Haymarket Press founded by Lord Heseltine.

Since Hezza is a Tory grandee there were many other Tory grandees present: John Major, Lord Carrington, Tom King, Michael Ancram, Douglas Hurd, Michael Howard, Seb Coe, John Gummer, Michael Mates, John Nott, Lord Saatchi, Peter Walker. They were all there and all I saw looked remarkably healthy but one or two noted with surprise that Lady Thatcher was absent.

David Frost was there and looked a bit sallow but still very perky when interviewed by Parky who was also there. So was Mary Quant, a little bit frail but still together.

The surprise cabaret was Shirley Bassey, doing her full routine, and looking and sounding amazing. You have to give it to old Hezza, he knows how to throw a party.

There were 800 people there, nearly all old farts, and almost every one was a guaranteed obit, but not one obviously near death although there are bound to be some heart attacks there in the next year. Short of taking their blood pressure I'm not sure what more I could do.

I think there are going to be real problems deathlisting the 60s generation. They simply refuse to lie down. I made a few discreet inquiries but you can hardly declare yourself a correspondent from the deathlist can you.

Make hay while you can from the 40s and 50s. The 60s are something else. This is Godot, signing off from Park Lane, London.

Guest Guest
Yeah, me too. I mean, if it lingers we could have another Jane Tomlinson on our hands.

Coats on!

Me three. I'm putting her on my DDP for 2008. :banghead:

Guest Guest

Porter Wagoner has lung cancer :lol: .

This means we should put him on our DDP for next year. By The Way, FF, DDT, TMIB, Mr. Odstock, RA, and Banshees Should all put him on their DDP for next year. I'm Putting him on Mine. :banghead:

They were all there and all I saw looked remarkably healthy but one or two noted with surprise that Lady Thatcher was absent.

I thought Tarzan and the Iron Lady hated each other. I can't see him inviting the old witch to a party.

Serious name dropping:

Don't know where to put this really. It's more of a "strike off" note since most of those I saw looked very fit and healthy and good for many years to come. Inexplicably I found myself at a very posh do tonight to mark the 50th anniversary of Haymarket Press founded by Lord Heseltine.

Since Hezza is a Tory grandee there were many other Tory grandees present: John Major, Lord Carrington, Tom King, Michael Ancram, Douglas Hurd, Michael Howard, Seb Coe, John Gummer, Michael Mates, John Nott, Lord Saatchi, Peter Walker. They were all there and all I saw looked remarkably healthy but one or two noted with surprise that Lady Thatcher was absent.

David Frost was there and looked a bit sallow but still very perky when interviewed by Parky who was also there. So was Mary Quant, a little bit frail but still together.

The surprise cabaret was Shirley Bassey, doing her full routine, and looking and sounding amazing. You have to give it to old Hezza, he knows how to throw a party.

There were 800 people there, nearly all old farts, and almost every one was a guaranteed obit, but not one obviously near death although there are bound to be some heart attacks there in the next year. Short of taking their blood pressure I'm not sure what more I could do.

I think there are going to be real problems deathlisting the 60s generation. They simply refuse to lie down. I made a few discreet inquiries but you can hardly declare yourself a correspondent from the deathlist can you.

Make hay while you can from the 40s and 50s. The 60s are something else. This is Godot, signing off from Park Lane, London.

Why would it be a surprise that Thatcher doesn't turn up to an event dedicated to Michael Heseltine?

Old sores run deep y'know....

Serious name dropping:

Why would it be a surprise that Thatcher doesn't turn up to an event dedicated to Michael Heseltine?

Old sores run deep y'know....

Was Francis Pym there?

I wasn't surprised re Thatcher. Others were. Pym not there. I guess you'll tell me a proper reporter would have asked about his health. :banghead:

Singer Robert Goulet in fight for his life

In an interview with Reuters, Vera Goulet said her husband was under sedation and on a respirator at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center while awaiting a decision on whether he can receive a lung transplant.

Goulet, whose 74th birthday is next month, is on the ventilator after being diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, which often requires a lung transplant.

"His life is hanging on the edge but he is a very strong man. He is being kept sedated because he is on a respirator and if he wasn't, he might try to rip it out," Vera Goulet said.

Singer Robert Goulet in fight for his life

In an interview with Reuters, Vera Goulet said her husband was under sedation and on a respirator at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center while awaiting a decision on whether he can receive a lung transplant.

Goulet, whose 74th birthday is next month, is on the ventilator after being diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, which often requires a lung transplant.

"His life is hanging on the edge but he is a very strong man. He is being kept sedated because he is on a respirator and if he wasn't, he might try to rip it out," Vera Goulet said.

Miser,

the link you've provided doesn't work

Here's one that works

Heard on GMTV news today that Russell Watson (crap opera singer) is in a critical condition in hospital & is about to have surgery for a brain tumour (he had similar surgery last year).

According to Wiki

"On 24th October 2007, it was discovered that he had developed a second, more aggressive brain tumour. His chances of recovery have been stated as being significantly lower than his first tumour. He is currently preparing for major surgery."

BBC link

Porter Wagoner has lung cancer ;) .

This means we should put him on our DDP for next year. By The Way, FF, DDT, TMIB, Mr. Odstock, RA, and Banshees Should all put him on their DDP for next year. I'm Putting him on Mine. :lol:

Never heard of the man! I'll do my own digging but fear that this chap won't last this year out!

Prince Philip has got a heart condition.

I wonder how he managed to keep his helicopter pilot's license during all that time.

The dad of one of my flight instructors had a slight blip show up on his ECG and he had to retire his license.

I wonder how he managed to keep his helicopter pilot's license during all that time.

The dad of one of my flight instructors had a slight blip show up on his ECG and he had to retire his license.

One hears this chap has been knocking off her Maj. (no, not Madonna) for some years. HM being the authority of this green and plesant land, exercising the law through whatever corrupt group of politicians we choose, probably saw fit to bend the law in return for a few favours. Nudge nudge...

Godot, be a darling and lend me the internet law book when you've finished, thanks!

To go with his rumoured prostate cancer.