Windsor

Derby Dead Pool 2007

Congrats to TMIM....I havent got a link....but John Smyth (snooker ref) died this afternoon. :blink:

You're fooking joking!

Really?

It was reported as a main news story on Calendar (local Yorkshire TV channel )...He died in Chesterfield , I think...they showed a clip of him as a ref at the crucible .....he will be front page on the Yorkshire tabloids !

They'll have him on the BBC website for sure, he was part of the golden years of the 70s/80s....

Wish I had him as a joker now.....

anyone else claiming a DDP hit ? ...we have to play with ourselves for a few days , seeing as there are so many entries ! :blink:

anyone else claiming a DDP hit ? ...we have to play with ourselves for a few days , seeing as there are so many entries ! :D

Ooh-er missus!

:blink:

Someone's bound to have Teddy Kollek....

well....no one had him last year... :blink:

well....no one had him last year... :D

Yeah, but he was mentioned a bit.

BTW while I'm here; I have discovered Mr Smyth's age - 78.

I suspected he was in his 70s. That's 7 points +1 point as a unique pick (unless someone else picked

him of course).

Depending on the obit of course.... :blink:

Didn't realise Kollek was mentioned in the posts...no doubt its those saddos CP and MPFC who seem to spend 25 hours a day searching out the old and crippled :blink:

Seeing the footage of Mr Smyth brought back memories . He really was the face of snooker refs in the 70/80s.....to be honest , I'm surprised he was only 78 .

Didn't realise Kollek was mentioned in the posts...no doubt its those saddos CP and MPFC who seem to spend 25 hours a day searching out the old and crippled :blink:

Seeing the footage of Mr Smyth brought back memories . He really was the face of snooker refs in the 70/80s.....to be honest , I'm surprised he was only 78 .

What the f**k are you going on about? Explain yourself, with examples too please.

I think this is going to be the most exciting DDP yet and I'm not saying that

because I'm (potentially) doing well.

With so many teams and (presumably choices), there's going to be constant scoring.

It will be a rollercoaster of a battle. This is the year that the DDP will really kick off... :blink:

Guest he hit me first, mummy!

... :blink: ...

What the f**k are you going on about? Explain yourself, with examples too please.

CP the two words that come to mind are sour & grapes. Grobler is distressed that others seem to have made such a good start on the DDP.

don't worry, grobler. if either of these pricks could fathom the hidden meaning of the winky smiley, they'd realise what a pair of pissy, insecure little children they're both being, as usual. Windsor? who mentioned him? tut tut. ltfb! :D

Windsor? who mentioned him? tut tut. ltfb! :blink:

What?

I love the way AtJ gave me a warning yesterday for, 'Constant whining and tawdry attempts to pick fights'.

I have not much to say to that but, "f**k off you twat".

TMIB, what's with having John Smyth (never heard of him, but I didn't live in Britain in the 70's or 80's) on your DDP, but not on your shadow DL?

I like the shadow list (and think anyone who's going to slam this year's DL choices or whinge why so-and-so wasn't picked after they die should have the decency to post their own), and if Smyth does muster a qualifying obit, congrats on an early DDP hit.

TMIB, what's with having John Smyth (never heard of him, but I didn't live in Britain in the 70's or 80's) on your DDP, but not on your shadow DL?

I like the shadow list (and think anyone who's going to slam this year's DL choices or whinge why so-and-so wasn't picked after they die should have the decency to post their own), and if Smyth does muster a qualifying obit, congrats on an early DDP hit.

My original plan for 2006 was that I would have a shadow Deathlist conforming largely to the unwritten rules of the DL. Namely that the list contains notable names and such. The DDP was to be one more built to win points (unique picks, sick minor celebs etc). I simply didn't have the time last year to do that, do I simply put my top 20 picks from the shadow list into the DDP.

This year though I'm able to provide both lists that slightly diverge for the reasons given. So on the DL list, there's no room for the more obscure picks (Smyth, Polanco etc) in the DL. Also the DL acts as a 'safety net' for celebs I had seriously considered for DDP (Bobby Robson, George Blake etc) but decided to leave out. It's a bit of a cheat I suppose, but there you have it.

Hope that answers your question... :referee:

Didn't realise Kollek was mentioned in the posts...no doubt its those saddos CP and MPFC who seem to spend 25 hours a day searching out the old and crippled :)

CALM DOWN CP.... :referee:

I'm joking......

Hope that answers your question... :referee:

It does indeed - thanks for the explanation, I suspected something like that. The question remains, will Smyth qualify? Starting to look a little doubtful, maybe you should ring up the Mail, or The Yorkshire Bluster, to let them know so they do up an obit.

Give it time...

He was the first professional snooker referee and President of the Snooker Referee's Association.

:referee:

Is there any possibility as to an ETA of when all the 2007 entries are going to be up and running on the site?

About 180 teams, including all those who picked Magnus Magnusson, will go up later today if I can get away from work at any reasonable time. The rest will be done in bits over the next, I dunno, 2 weeks or so.

This is an exercise above and beyond the call of duty, go well Rude Kid.

About 180 teams, including all those who picked Magnus Magnusson, will go up later today if I can get away from work at any reasonable time. The rest will be done in bits over the next, I dunno, 2 weeks or so.

Oh bugger. I didn't realise this existed. Or indeed any way I could participate. So it's, er, too late to join, then? Clearly.

My goodness! The DDP seems to be enough work to consitute a FT job in-and-of itself, let alone your having a proper job as well. Perhaps you could get a sponsorship deal in order to pay for a DDP salary... or maybe some lottery funding.

I'm going to nominate Rude Kid and Mr Baboon for a New Years Honour, for services to the sick.

5 unique hits. Not bad....

Can't wait to see what the whole site looks like if this is only half the teams. Well done SB & RK!

and it looks like no-one picked Kollek, Bezzerides or that boxer.

5 unique hits. Not bad....

Can't wait to see what the whole site looks like if this is only half the teams. Well done SB & RK!

and it looks like no-one picked Kollek, Bezzerides or that boxer.

Bezzeredies was picked, so was some obscure internet guy.

Oh man, what a party.