Sign in to follow this  
Guest James

Max Schmeling

Guest James
Death Star said:
This thread is the place to discuss Max Schmeling.

...will fight winner of Larry Holmes v George Foreman apparently.

Guest Guest

what a jackass statement that is ....

Guest Theo

Who?

James - I hope you don't take that lying down...

:D I do admire an agitator, Stayin', but might'nt James be a drive-by and, if so, shouldn't you defend his honor (or is that humor).

Guest Tristan

Seeing as how Schmeling and Hitler didn't get along, and he was never a Nazi, you're description of him isn't really very accurate.

Guest The dog

I have him in my own deadpool. He was a good man and I will be sorry to see him go. He was not a Nazi and because he basically told Hitler to kiss off, he was drafted into the German paratroopers where he was sent on suicide missions. Can you believe that this man paid for Joe Louis' funeral? It was recently found out that at the risk of his own life he saved two jewish boys from Krystallnacht and subsequently got them out of the country. Please Change Nazi boxer to German boxer and philanthropist. Have a nice day.

Well the evidence does seem to suggest Max is/was a pretty good guy...so i've made a small amendment - At least those who cant remember who he was still get the right memory jog.

Whatever next ? - Surely I'm not gonna find out Jesse Owens wasnt Hitler's athlete next!! :lol:

Whatever next ?

Reagan wasn't an idiot ?

:lol:

Whatever next ?

Reagan wasn't an idiot ?

:lol:

Now now Yeti, let not start being silly :D

Guest a German

Well, it is quiet simple.

:lol: 65 years ago every german was a nazi, killed jewish children and supported Hitler (or maybe not).

And nowadays every American soldier tortures iraqui inmates and wants war with half the world to give them "democracy" and "human rights" (or maybe not).

Kirk Douglas was a spy of John McCarthy (or maybe not) and Peter Ustinov was Churchhills adjutant (or maybe not).

John McCarthy?

That's why we didn't see Kirk Douglas for a while, he was chained to a radiator in Beirut for a few years.

Joseph McCarthy...never heard of him.

Hold your horses Anubis! - it's clear "a German" has made a slip - he obviously didn't mean John McCarthy

He surely meant Paul McCarthy - the guy who that was in that famous band with Jimmy Lennon (Jr), Rex Harrison and Kenneth Starr....

First Rule of DL Forums - Never make an error when taking the p*ss... :lol:

Guest Curare

At least the German Government believes that Schmeling will outlive this year. They recently refused to release a stamp with his face on next year, because no living person may appear on a stamp in Germany.

Guest M. White

One of the key figures of sports history in the 20th century. A major pawn in the battle between democracy and the evils of the German 3rd Reich. A man who wanted to be a boxer and someone important eventually showed his colors by defying the Nazi regime. He his the children of his jewish friend and helped them escape Germany and saved their lives.

He later became wealthy from the not so German business of manufacturing Coca Cola. Just goes to show you!!

99..........Go Max!!

Guest Happy

Schmeling was a great sportsman. Hope he goes in his sleep.

At least the German Government believes that Schmeling will outlive this year. They recently refused to release a stamp with his face on next year, because no living person may appear on a stamp in Germany.

MaxSchmeling.jpg

;) - so who's got the correct story here? The stamp a spoof or Curare got some false info??

;) - so who's got the correct story here? The stamp a spoof or Curare got some false info??

I'm going with the stamp is a spoof theory, as I don't think the Germans would print it in English. ;)

You know, GR, I was actually reluctant to point that one out, seemed sort of mean... ;)

Thanks for your near-compassion Harry

At least I can rest assured that that old coin I have marked clearly with the year it was minted ,"250 BC", is genuine ;)

As is the Civil War sabre I have commemorating the first battle of Bull Run. ;)