Phantom

Jesse Helms

Former US Senator for North Carolina, Jesse Helms

Born Oct 18th 1921, has vascular dementia. Rarely seen in public these days

How about former US Senator Jesse Helms. Since 2003, he has been suffering from recurring health problems, including bone disorder, prostate cancer and heart disease. That's if he survives until 2008.

How about former US Senator Jesse Helms. Since 2003, he has been suffering from recurring health problems, including bone disorder, prostate cancer and heart disease. That's if he survives until 2008.

Hope not. I think I may have chosen him once or twice, but since I use the dart method and haven't bothered to memorize my lists I could be wrong.

At least it's a name I recognise, but I don't remember what Senator Helms actually did. Not that that matters, it's a long time to 2008.

regards,

Hein

At least it's a name I recognise, but I don't remember what Senator Helms actually did. Not that that matters, it's a long time to 2008.

Was rather ahem... "nasty" to the blacks.

I thought about him for the DDP but didn't choose him as his dementia, which he now also has, is in its early days. But certainly one to keep on a list for future perusal.

He also endeared himself to Canadians around 1995 or so with the Helms-Burton Act, and a follow-up in which, as I recall, demanded that Canadians sever ties with Cuba, comparing Canada's relations with Cuba to Chamberlain's relations with Hitler shortly befire WWII. I'm pretty sure Helms swore several times in the media during those weeks.

At least it's a name I recognise, but I don't remember what Senator Helms actually did.

Was rather ahem... "nasty" to the blacks.

I thought about him for the DDP but didn't choose him as his dementia, which he now also has, is in its early days. But certainly one to keep on a list for future perusal.

Now?

regards,

Hein

Ideas and Possibilities in January is always a real drag to me, since it's going to be another year untill a new list is drawn together. We'll talk about this in 10 months.

Ideas and Possibilities in January is always a real drag to me, since it's going to be another year untill a new list is drawn together. We'll talk about this in 10 months.

Assuming he lives that long.

That's od I thought Helms was dead. I suppose part of this is because I mix him up with the other one Strom Thurmond. Both are similar in the bigotry column.

Former US Senator for North Carolina, Jesse Helms

Born Oct 18th 1921, has vascular dementia. Rarely seen in public these days

Hye my daddy died on Helms' 50th or so birthdate.

Why Won't Jesse Helms Just Hurry Up And Die?

Not just a rhetorical question, but a brilliant rap-metal track by MC Hawking. See attachment.

The lyrics:-

Verse 1

Big fat f**k from North Carolina state,

he's a worthless piece of sh*t, he's a paragon of hate,

he's a redneck, f**k-face, brain-dead waste of space,

two-bit, two-timing, motherfucking pool of slime.

Against gay rights, and funding for the arts,

tried to cancel PBS and tear Big Bird apart.

cut AIDS funding, corporate welfare for the rich,

he's a shameless money grubber, he's a two dollar bitch.

Chorus

Why won't Jesse Helms just hurry up and die? x 2

Verse 2

Fundamentalist, fuckwad, dickless prick,

he's ugly as a morlock, dumb as a brick.

He's a sack of sh*t, hypocrite, single-minded, fat bigot,

punk bitch, ignorant, ass-munch sycophant.

Life long friend of the deadly cancer sticks,

thinks AIDS is the fault of the people it inflicts.

Racist f**k who supports segregation,

foe of the people friend of the corporation.

Chorus

MC_Hawking_Why_Won__t_Jesse_Helms_Just_Hurry_Up_And_Die.mp3

Taking the Michael again SC?

Not just a rhetorical question, but a brilliant rap-metal track by MC Hawking.

[snip]

Can't get the image of MC Stephen Hawking singing this out of my head now.... very surreal :rolleyes:

Why Won't Jesse Helms Just Hurry Up And Die? ... a brilliant rap-metal track by MC Hawking.

[snip]

Can't get the image of MC Stephen Hawking singing this out of my head now.... very surreal :rolleyes:

It is MC Stephen Hawking, the renowned physicist, Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge and part-time hip-hop MC. The link works, have a listen. (You may have to click the "play" button a few times to get it to work) He even has his own website.

Taking the Michael again SC?
Kudos, Godot.

Not just a rhetorical question, but a brilliant rap-metal track by MC Hawking.

Quality, although with that amount of studio production on the vocals I wouldn't raise your hopes too high for the live version. :rolleyes:

Could call the live album Hawking Unplugged though...

"Why Won't Jesse Helms Just Hurry Up And Die?"

As the previous link to this masterpiece of physicist-rap-metal is now defunct, and we have a shiny new attachments function on the board (i really, really hope this doesn't kick off a wave of such postings), here it is.

I happened to get MC Hawking's "A Brief History of Rhyme" for my birthday. Sadly, due to legal complications, the track is not available on the CD. Nevertheless, with classics such as "All My Shootings Be Drivebys", one cannot afford to miss such a treasure.

Congratulations guys on another successful entry into the deathlist pool of 2008.

Jesse Helms was definitely a legend in the US Senate and American politics. Although I strongly disgree with his political views, I do not deny the influence he's had in American politics.

Anyway, Helms was one of those "he's gonna die soon" guys so it wasn't a big shock to me that he would die sooner or later (and it appears that many expected him to die sooner).

Good riddance to bad rubbish. A man of very few redeeming features. Hopefully hell awaits Helms.