Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

I thought Bigsy the train robber had a stroke and can't talk anymore. He has deffo lost his playboy image though

I thought Bigsy the train robber had a stroke and can't talk anymore. He has deffo lost his playboy image though

Perhaps he manages a quick fondle while the nurses change his bedpan

On 8 August 2013, Ronnie hopes to be around for the 50th anniversary of the Great Train Robbery, the event that acted as a catalyst for the rest of his life.

I'd like to see it as well.

On 8 August 2013, Ronnie hopes to be around for the 50th anniversary of the Great Train Robbery, the event that acted as a catalyst for the rest of his life.

I'd like to see it as well.

Is this the sort of thing that should be celebrated?

Guest Guest

I'd like to hear Ronnie say 'sorry' before he dies.That would be historic!

Didn't he do so already?

You won't, he'll point at the letters and dribble, his son will say it!

• Like 1

Sorry

I saw the words "Ronnie" and "Sorry" and for some reason thought we were talking about Ronnie Corbett

• Like 1

Sorry

I saw the words "Ronnie" and "Sorry" and for some reason thought we were talking about Ronnie Corbett

Language, Timothy!

• Like 1

Ron just checking on what he is meant to say "sorry" for. Not going to apologise for stuff the press invented about him.

And please, don't take Mrs Biggs to be factual. In episode one they could not even get the date and time of the Great Train Robbery right. Ron has no involvement with the series, but offered to check the facts, which was turned down by ITV. Like some members of Deathlist they think they know the facts of his life better than he does.

Ron has been enjoying the Paralympics and thinks in his wheelchair he could give wheelchair rugby a go in Rio in 2016. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Ron has been enjoying the Paralympics and thinks in his wheelchair he could give wheelchair rugby a go in Rio in 2016. Stay tuned.

Now that I would like to see! Would likely resemble something from that episode of Father Ted with the over-75s football match :P

Ron just checking on what he is meant to say "sorry" for. Not going to apologise for stuff the press invented about him.

Genuine question then (and I'm happy to accept that not everything one reads on the internet is true), did the press invent the notion that the innocent train driver and his colleague were beaten?

Sounds dangerous. He could get his head bashed in...

And please, don't take Mrs Biggs to be factual. In episode one they could not even get the date and time of the Great Train Robbery right. Ron has no involvement with the series, but offered to check the facts, which was turned down by ITV. Like some members of Deathlist they think they know the facts of his life better than he does.

Are you Biggs son, close relative or a fraud ?

Critical Divide is the real deal representing Ron.

No one (except Ron and any other surviving members of the gang) knows who actually beat up Jack Mills and David Whitby. I'm sure CriticalDivide can confirm that.

No one (except Ron and any other surviving members of the gang) knows who actually beat up Jack Mills and David Whitby. I'm sure CriticalDivide can confirm that.

Whatever happened to the other gang members anyway they dead or some still alive ? Very sad what happened to jack mills his life was ruined.

Whatever happened to the other gang members anyway they dead or some still alive ? Very sad what happened to jack mills his life was ruined.

Out of the 17 people who got a share from the Great Train Robbery, 4 are dead, 3 were never caught, and the rest are believed to be alive (They might've faded into obscurity and died without anyone noticing.)

In Order of Importance:

Bruce Reynolds - Leader - Alive

Douglas "Gordon" Goody - Deputy - Alive

Charles F. Wilson - Treasurer - Died 1990

Ronald C. Edwards - Organizer - Died 1994

Brian A. Field - Informant and purchaser of gang's hideout - Died 1979

"Ulsterman" - Informant and organizer - Unknown

Roy James - Getaway Driver - Died 1997

John Daly - Train stopper - Alive

Bill Jennings - Carriage uncoupler - Alive

James E. White - Quartermaster and carriage uncoupler - Alive

"Alf Thomas" - Muscle - Unknown

Roger J. Cordrey - Train stopper and electronics expert - Alive

Bob Welch - Organizer and muscle - Alive

Thomas Whisbey - Muscle - Alive

James Hussey - Muscle - Alive

"Frank Munroe" - Muscle - Unknown

Ronnie Biggs - Found someone who could drive the train after the robbery - Alive (Barely)

• Like 1

Out of the 17 people who got a share from the Great Train Robbery, 4 are dead, 3 were never caught, and the rest are believed to be alive (They might've faded into obscurity and died without anyone noticing.)

In Order of Importance:

Ronnie Biggs - Found someone who could drive the train after the robbery - Alive (Barely)

Im surprised so many are alive , im guessing most are around the same age as biggs too. At least a large majority of them served plenty of time in jail. Well apart from Biggs that is :D .

Sorry not to reply sooner, but Mrs Biggs has been keeping us busy. Not sure why ITV bothered to make it or call it a "True Story" when so far they have show little regard to the truth or facts. Ron offered to check the facts, but they seem to think they know his life better than he does. The fact they got the day and date of the Great train robbery wrong in the first episode, was not very reassuring.

In answer to some of the questions. I have known Ron for around 30 years and helped him write his autobiograpy. We also did a novel together. I see Ron most weeks and he often asks about what is going on on the Deathlist.

When dealing with the Great Train Robbery, you have to realise that it was one of the first examples of Government spin, so some of the things you thinks you know about are not as they seemed. The fireman was bundled down the bank, but not struck. The driver Jack Mills was struck once, and did most of the damge when he fell against the side of his cabin. The man who hit him was one of the three that were never caught. The names of the three mentioned above being Alf Thomas, Bill Jennings and Frank Munroe.

Ron is sorry for what happend to Jack Mills and nothing can put that right. But by the standards of the day the Great Train Robbery was not a violent crime. Mills died of Leukamia seven years after the robbery and the coroner at the time made the point of stating in his report that his death was in no way related to what happened at the robbery. The government and railways did little to help or reward Mills after the trial, and it was left to the rail union and the general public to raise some money for him. Nobody knows for sure if Mr Mills could not work or was told not to work.

Not sure what is says about the Great Train Robbers lifestyles, but most of them outlived the senior lawyers, judges and policemen involved in the case. Few of them are still living. We do beleive Jimmy White is dead, however. But that has not been in the press.

Also just to correct the Executioner's comment, Ron actually has spent more time in prison than virtually all the other gang members.

If you are interested in Ron or the Great Train Robbery, I would urge you to read his autobiography (Odd Man Out - The Last Straw) as that is what actually happened to Ron, as opposed to what you may think has happened to Ron in his life. Of course, some people can't handle the truth as it does not fit with what they would like to see or what fits their agenda. Programmes like Mrs Biggs certainly won't help given the story told in the first two episodes, but it sells newspapers and makes money for the TV networks, the writers, and the actors, but not those that have their stories or names stolen!

Happy to answer any questions I can about Ron or the Great Train Robbery. Ron hopes to be around for the 50th anniversary of the robbery in 2013, but hopes you keep him on the list.

Sorry not to reply sooner, but Mrs Biggs has been keeping us busy. Not sure why ITV bothered to make it or call it a "True Story" when so far they have show little regard to the truth or facts. Ron offered to check the facts, but they seem to think they know his life better than he does. The fact they got the day and date of the Great train robbery wrong in the first episode, was not very reassuring.

In answer to some of the questions. I have known Ron for around 30 years and helped him write his autobiograpy. We also did a novel together. I see Ron most weeks and he often asks about what is going on on the Deathlist.

When dealing with the Great Train Robbery, you have to realise that it was one of the first examples of Government spin, so some of the things you thinks you know about are not as they seemed. The fireman was bundled down the bank, but not struck. The driver Jack Mills was struck once, and did most of the damge when he fell against the side of his cabin. The man who hit him was one of the three that were never caught. The names of the three mentioned above being Alf Thomas, Bill Jennings and Frank Munroe.

Ron is sorry for what happend to Jack Mills and nothing can put that right. But by the standards of the day the Great Train Robbery was not a violent crime. Mills died of Leukamia seven years after the robbery and the coroner at the time made the point of stating in his report that his death was in no way related to what happened at the robbery. The government and railways did little to help or reward Mills after the trial, and it was left to the rail union and the general public to raise some money for him. Nobody knows for sure if Mr Mills could not work or was told not to work.

Not sure what is says about the Great Train Robbers lifestyles, but most of them outlived the senior lawyers, judges and policemen involved in the case. Few of them are still living. We do beleive Jimmy White is dead, however. But that has not been in the press.

Also just to correct the Executioner's comment, Ron actually has spent more time in prison than virtually all the other gang members.

If you are interested in Ron or the Great Train Robbery, I would urge you to read his autobiography (Odd Man Out - The Last Straw) as that is what actually happened to Ron, as opposed to what you may think has happened to Ron in his life. Of course, some people can't handle the truth as it does not fit with what they would like to see or what fits their agenda. Programmes like Mrs Biggs certainly won't help given the story told in the first two episodes, but it sells newspapers and makes money for the TV networks, the writers, and the actors, but not those that have their stories or names stolen!

Happy to answer any questions I can about Ron or the Great Train Robbery. Ron hopes to be around for the 50th anniversary of the robbery in 2013, but hopes you keep him on the list.

Thanks CD, interesting stuff. Rest assured, like Clive Dunn, there will always be a place on the list for Ronnie.

CriticalDivide, thank you for your input, all information on any of our lucky subjects is always welcome :) I have to say though, from being in a position of not being that bothered one way or the other about Ronnie Biggs, your last couple of posts have made me jump off the fence firmly onto the side of 'he's a bit of a cunt'.

Whatever the 'facts' of the case - the one that we know is that Ronnie Biggs was involved with a bunch of other people in committing a violent robbery. Some of the points above seem to be trying to justify things - 'The fireman was bundled down the bank, but not struck. The driver Jack Mills was struck once, and did most of the damge when he fell against the side of his cabin.' - so what? So it's OK that the fireman wasn't struck? It's OK that Jack Mills was only hit once? 'Mills died of Leukamia seven years after the robbery and the coroner at the time made the point of stating in his report that his death was in no way related to what happened at the robbery.' - again, so what? Doesn't take away the fact that the poor fucker, doing a shitty job to try an earn an honest wage, was violently assaulted! 'it was left to the rail union and the general public to raise some money for him' - so, was Ronnie that sorry that he anonymously slipped a few quid from his ill-gotten gains into the fund?

'Ron actually has spent more time in prison than virtually all the other gang members' - yeh? Boo fucking hoo. He also spent 30 years NOT in prison when he should have been.

• Like 2

I would like to know about the other gang members who were involved with the Great Train Robbery. Above you state that only a few of them are still living. Can you provide me with a list of the living gang members?

Does this answer your question?

In Order of Importance:

I would like to know about the other gang members who were involved with the Great Train Robbery. Above you state that only a few of them are still living. Can you provide me with a list of the living gang members?