Sign in to follow this  
Worthing Paul

Simon Wiesenthal

I guess there is little chance of finding Nazi criminals in your lounge then.

Even less chance of finding them in his lounge now...maybe they can come out of the airing cupboard now...

After the disappointment of no major celebrity deaths while I was on holiday last week, surely a first, this has come as a welcome relief. Its strange, but I suddenly thought of him the other day. I'll let you know if I have any similar thoughts regarding other celebrities.

u bunch a fuckn sick basterd. this is one of the sickest sites man. Talkin sh*t about mr wiesenthal, who the f**k do you think u are that u can think u can just do that man??? He survived the fuckn holocaust man. i think he deserves a little more respect. u bunch a morons

Mr. anti deathlist

What is this guy's problem??? There are no rules stating you have to read this site or even visit it. And is it just me, or is this guy the worst speller in the world.

I for one am enjoying my first year as a member...I may have joined in a record-breaking year! 10 down, 5 to go???

:ghost3:

Guest Guest_anubis the jackal
What is this guy's problem??? There are no rules stating you have to read this site or even visit it.

There are of course, the unwritten rules...

What is this guy's problem???  There are no rules stating you have to read this site or even visit it.

There are of course, the unwritten rules...

Well that does it. This ranting idiot couldn't spell...he'll never be able to read unwritten rules.... :ghost3:

:dead:

RIP Simon Wiesenthal. Good work chap!

I know, I'm late again but I've got a good excuse, honest guv. I'll recount the tale for your perusal...

10:00 this morning, I'm sat in a dentist's chair with the right side of my lower jaw and tongue utterly numb. The beautiful, charming Charlotte Constantine (Florence Nightingale syndrome kicks in big-time at the dentist. She is lovely though, and we'd already discussed the deaths at the Great North Run yesterday, she having run said race in a respectable 2 hours) is busy shaving a molar, ready for a temporary crown to be fitted.

BBC Radio 2 is playing in the background; it's time for the news bulletin... "Simon Wiesenthal, famous Nazi Hunter, has died aged 96." Upon hearing this, I knew there'd be a frenzy of activity on DL and I instinctively let out a wail of dismay that I would not be the first to report it (as well as being genuinely sad that he's bought the farm).

Needless to say, Charlotte took this to mean that I was in agony and she retracted the drill from my mouth shortly before her assistant Julie removed the suction thing (private dentist, top service :ghost3: ).

With my mouth numb and full of bits of tooth and saliva, I tried to explain that I was ok "ah bine, caee on" (I'm fine, carry on). My lopsided, drooling smile hinted at my amusement at the situation.

When the ordeal was over, I tried to explain that I was reacting to the news, saddened by the death of Simon Wiesenthal. Both ladies smiled politely. "No toffees or chewing gum. We'll see you in 10 days."

Lightning doesn't strike twice, I know, but maybe, just maybe, we can look forward to another celebrity obituary, sometime after 11:00 on the 30th September? I've never been so excited about going to the dentist.

And I suppose the dog ate your homework as well...

I awoke this morning from a very clear accurate dream. The dream

was based on myself signing on to www.deathlist.net and on the top

of the screen i saw number "9!" I then scrolled down in the dream to see

who had died and there it was Simon Wisenthal had gone at age 97.

Very strange, I actually checked in the dream a numerous amount

of times to make sure if he died in which he did. I have a list of my own

and the first 3 participents are dead. Pope,Max,Sir John, and Simon is

in my number 4 spot. Perhaps 4 in a row? I can't promise anything but

i'm not so sure Simon Wisenthal is going to be around much longer. :ghost3:

Props where they're due, Mr. Scream. Please do share with us your choice for next to go.

And I went through the thread and couldn't find a single truly negative post about Simon Wiesenthal, whom I'd like to think virtually all of the DL community would salute as one of the real good guys of the past hundred years.

And I went through the thread and couldn't find a single truly negative post about Simon Wiesenthal, whom I'd like to think virtually all of the DL community would salute as one of the real good guys of the past hundred years.

Indeed, CR. I celebrate the long life of a remarkable man and his quest for justice. I'm sure that the fact that he survived most of the Nazis, even the ones he didn't get, must have pleased him much.

Edit:

In April 2003, Wiesenthal announced his retirement, saying that he had found the mass murderers he had been looking for: "I have survived them all. If there were any left, they'd be too old and weak to stand trial today. My work is done."

I'm also glad he had the grace to give DeathList its 10th hit, and my DDP team its 8th.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein

I'm going to the dentist at 11am on 28th. Watch this space.

Hmm, this reminds me of the film Marathon Man.

regards,

Hein

Maybe he could pop 'downstairs' and give Adolf Eichmann another good kicking?

Hmm, this reminds me of the film Marathon Man.

regards,

Hein

If the dentist starts asking you "is it safe?" get the hell outta there.

Guest IYG

As much as I am a fan of our list and what we do, Simon Wiesenthal was the one person I hoped would make it.

I take the holocaust very seriously. It's a very close subject to my heart. Simon Wiesenthal is the definition of a hero of the people, an avenger.

He hunted them down to the depths of hell. Almost no one could escape him. His is a name we will remember. The man who fought the nazis and survived them.

His book is called "Justice, Not Vengeance," well, it's little bit of both.

If there is an afterlife and your room is decided by your deeds, Wiesenthal is now in his penthouse suite.

Nazi Hunter dead?

I guess now we'll have to resort to cracking more of the Bible Code from the Torah to track down the rest of 'em.

Those still alive are ancient, once Alzhiemers sets in their meandering prattle will identify them.

Suggestion for tagline:

Last Night of the Hunter! :ghost3:

Oh by the way Lord Janner was paying tribute and didn't look quite the ticket.....

How about...

"Out Of Nazi's!"

.........I don't like it. ;)

He's another one of those hard figures to

place a headline on.

..Just wait untill John Kenneth Galbraith. ;)

Seeker Simon Stiffs Out!!!!