Crispy

Saddam Hussein

OOH, you selfish bugger. :blink:

The trial of 'Chemical' Ali Hassan al-Majid for crimes against humanity has restarted, despite his already being found guilty of genocide. Get a sodding move on, Iraqi justice types!

Nah, pace yerselves. Mebbe hang him on January 1st.

More foolish, I get the impression that his consistent resisting might be endangering his life. More compliant types get off with jail. 'Chemical Ali' was probably a predictable explosion once in court, he was never totally in the real world to start with. Something that made him quite useful in his days with Saddam.

Mary, he's already been sentenced to death for the Crimes against Humanity charges, They're just dicking about now. Sure they're probably justifying it by citing 'reasons of closure' ' the truth must have its' day in court' and all that waffle, but I wish they'd hurry up and give him the string necklace.

Because what do DDP points mean?

Point taken ATJ and I did know about the death sentence but the whole business of executions out there is linked with the political moves. I think they will kill him, though his high profile is a mixed blessing here. They wouldn't - for example - kill Tariq Aziz, even if he'd been implicated on paper in an atrocity or two because he's an erudite and contrite diplomatic sort, and he's not well. Regardless of the political fall-out and the dangers of another You Tube publicity disaster if someone sneaks a camera in to the hanging, 'Chemical Ali' is probably crazy and dangerous enough to be killable. But all that titting around suggests - maybe - they'd like time to find another option.

Regardless of the political fall-out and the dangers of another You Tube publicity disaster if someone sneaks a camera in to the hanging, 'Chemical Ali' is probably crazy and dangerous enough to be killable. But all that titting around suggests - maybe - they'd like time to find another option.

?

Crate.jpg

Chemical Ali execution delayed... for now.

Crucially for those lamenting no points on the DDP yet for the condemmed one or three... the last day of Ramadan is October 12th.

Which means the first day of execution possible is October..... 13th.

Double points all round, perhaps?

Well that wasn't the best announcement for my blood pressure...

in fact his execution may be delayed permanently-theres a divide among the prooosecutors as to whether to execute him or not.God knows why annyone should want to spare this scumbags life thouugh...

News is now on the internet that Chemical Ali will be executed tomorrow (Tuesday 10/16/07). You heard it here first!

Guest There's a noose, loose, aboo

Fox news has the scoop.

Guest Guest
News is now on the internet that Chemical Ali will be executed tomorrow (Tuesday 10/16/07). You heard it here first!

Sultan Hashim Ahmed and Hussein Rashid Al-Tikriti will also be executed tomorrow. Congrats to the teams who picked them on the DDP when they are executed! ;):o:crossbone:

Sultan Hashim Ahmed and Hussein Rashid Al-Tikriti will also be executed tomorrow. Congrats to the teams who picked them on the DDP when they are executed! ;):o:crossbone:

Congrats? Whatever for?

Err, for picking the names of well-known people who will shuffle off this mortal coil this year. Rules is rules, and you can't still be banging on about this now, It's October for crying out loud.

Congrats? Whatever for?

Err, for picking the names of well-known people who will shuffle off this mortal coil this year. Rules is rules, and you can't still be banging on about this now, It's October for crying out loud.
Congrats? Whatever for?

I'll be banging on about it until 31 December 2007.

Then you all can do what you want because I've decided I won't be running in any deadpools next year. There is no point if you can't compete and I'll admit that I can't.

Congrats? Whatever for?

Then you all can do what you want because I've decided I won't be running in any deadpools next year. There is no point if you can't compete and I'll admit that I can't.

That's a bit pathetic Windsor. Sorry, but it is.

greenbergpic_narrowweb__300x360,0.jpg

You don't happen to be teaching English in Thailand at the mo do you ATJ? If so, now's the time to hide. ;)

Yes, I'm the pathetic one.

Windsor (20)

In the U.S. we call this "I'm taking my ball and going home" syndrome. Reconsider, W and play again next year. It's just fun. After all, it's not life or death (oops-I guess that isn't really true).

Congrats? Whatever for?

You've done a lot better than me this year, W. But then I went for the 'Wishful Thinking' approach for all my picks. Next year I might give a trial to the 'Gosh I hope I'm wrong' strategy.

greenbergpic_narrowweb__300x3600.jpg">

You don't happen to be teaching English in Thailand at the mo do you ATJ? If so, now's the time to hide. :lol:

Better?

ATJ.....

gglitter-yipes.jpg

Dear ATJ

These are bags of all sizes. From now on 'if you ever have the desire' to share anything of a controversially crude mentality be sure to put one of these bags over it's head. You only have five bags, so make sure you don't hold back often. Only hold back when you feel your motives can be questioned in a critical 'low blow' sort of tone.

paper%20bags1.jpg

PS:

Keep the bags away from your thread titles. I'm a big fan!