Crispy

Saddam Hussein

39 minutes ago, arghton said:

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (b. 1940) Comical Ali.

There's been a bit of debate in the past about whether he's dead or not.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There's been a bit of debate in the past about whether he's dead or not.

Quite right. There has been a hung jury on that. 

Jim Davis, the former head of the Denver FBI whose assignment in Iraq ultimately included fingerprinting a captured Saddam Hussein, has died. No age or cause of death was given. Davis started his own security firm in 2014.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/jim-davis-former-head-of-denver-fbi-office-dies-unexpectedly/

• Like 1

On 31/10/2020 at 13:51, arghton said:

Saddam's guys alive (atleast the more known ones):

Hamid Raja Shalah (b. 1950) Air marshal and ten of spades. Served his sentence

Mahmud Dhiyab (b. 1953) Diplomat and seven of spades. Served his sentence

Amer Mohammad Rashid (b. 1939) Oil minister under Saddam, six of spades. Served his sentence

Kamal Mustafa Abdullah (b. 1955) Secretary General of the Republican guard, queen of clubs. Sentenced to death in 2011.

Said Al-Din Al-Rawi (b. 1949) Republican guard commander, jack of clubs. Still at large

Larif Nassif Jassim (b. 1941) Minister of labor, culture etc, ten of clubs. Life imprisonment.

Jamal Mustafa Abdullah Sultan (b. ?) deputy head of tribal affairs. Released June 2020

Walid Hamid Tawfiq (b. 1954) governor of Basra, released June 2020.

Husam/Hossam Amin (b. 1953/1958) national monitoring directorate head, served his sentence

Samir Abdul Aziz al-Najim (b. 1937/1938) held several positions, currently imprisoned?

Hani Abd Latif Tilfah (b. 1962) special security organization director and king of hearts. At large.

Barzan Sulayman Majid (b. 1960) special republican guard commander, released 2020.

Rafi Tilfah (b. 1954) director of general security, at large

Muhammad Mahdi Salih (b. 1947/49) minister of trade, served his sentence and living in Jordan

Huda Salih Mahdi Ammash (b. 1953) Ms. Anthrax, only female on the list, served her sentence.

Aziz Salih (b. 1941/1945) Ba'ath party branch command chairman, sentenced to death in 2011. King of diamonds

Muzahim al-Tikriti (b. unknown) air defence forces commander, released 2012

Tahir Jalil Habbush (b. 1950) intelligence service, at large. Jack of diamonds

Amir Hamudi Hasan al-Saadi (b. 1938) man behind Iraq's superweapons program?

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (b. 1940) Comical Ali.

Mohammed Younis al-Ahmed (b. 1949) Current Ba'ath party leader?

Family:

Sajida Talfah (b. 1937) Saddam's wife and Iraq's first lady

Raghad Hussein (b. 1968) oldest daughter

Rana Hussein (b. 1969) daughter living in Jordan.

Hala Hussein (b. 1972) third daughter

Samira Shahbandar (b. 1946) Second wife, former Iraqi Airways flight attendant

Ali Hussein (b. 1983/1987) Hussein's only alive son with Shahbandar

Ayman Sabawi Ibrahim (b. 1971) half-nephew, guerrila fighter

Dead?.

Dead according to wikipedia and menafn too. Rest in peace, Comical Ali

1 hour ago, drol said:

Dead?.

Most certainly dead this time. Reported on over a dozen Arab sites, including some that wouldn't have jumped the gun e.g. the Cairo Times.

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Most certainly dead this time. Reported on over a dozen Arab sites, including some that wouldn't have jumped the gun e.g. the Cairo Times.

Can you link the Cairo Times article?

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Can you link the Cairo Times article?

Yup, here. English translation here.

Note that a reporter has their name stamped to it, rather than it just being a circular/copied news piece from elsewhere. It also gives cancer as the cause, claiming that he'd been ill with it since 2014.

• Like 1

He is not even near death! My feeling, as usual, is that he will destroy his illness and that it will in fact be the Americans that will do the dying! 

RIP to the inventor of alternative facts. 

I'm still not convinced. Why there is nothing from Al-Jazeera or Al-Arabiya?

5 minutes ago, drol said:

I'm still not convinced. Why there is nothing from Al-Jazeera or Al-Arabiya?

He was a talking point in the western world and a source of comic relief for his propaganda gaffes. Just doesn’t seem to be that big a deal in the Arab world, which is relatively humourless I might add.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He was a talking point in the western world and a source of comic relief for his propaganda gaffes. Just doesn’t seem to be that big a deal in the Arab world, which is relatively humourless I might add.

Good point - but surely he has a status that at least earns him a minor headline about his passing.

Peter Falk and Saddam Hussein walk into a bar. Peter says would you ........

Baath party apparently denying it.

Oh massive fucking yawn. He's now been dead and undead so many times. Cancer since 2014, stick him on the immortals list at least @drol

He's playing a fine game of the Arab world's favourite media past time, "the death hokey cokey".

Actually at the moment I'm not even sure if he is alive, dead or dying. We'll have to wait for more denial, that dodgy site just cites an unnamed former Ba'ath Party officer, how could it be reliable? The only usually credible source which reported it is MENAFN. They should take it down if not true. Surely I would have expected obits from Al-Jazeera and others. Media and Ba'ath Party were pretty quick when Al-Douri died.

Another 2021 premature obit. I wonder how long he'll live after this though,  nearly all of the people who've got a obit too soon this year have died a couple of days later.

8 minutes ago, arghton said:

Another 2021 premature obit. I wonder how long he'll live after this though,  nearly all of the people who've got a obit too soon this year have died a couple of days later.

Milingo? Mustafa Ben Halim? Kenneth Kaunda?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drol said:

I'm convinced he's alive now. However, anonymous Twitter handle with a random image of Saddam as a profile pic and no clues that would suggest they have any credibility make me doubt that he is "healthy and well". He's been dogged with ill health rumours for years now. I suspect they have some kind of origin of truth.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm convinced he's alive now. However, anonymous Twitter handle with a random image of Saddam as a profile pic and no clues that would suggest they have any credibility make me doubt that he is "healthy and well". He's been dogged with ill health rumours for years now. I suspect they have some kind of origin of truth.

Look at the comments. They are Ba'ath fanatics and know real names of each other. I guess he is ill, but they downplay it, as you would expect from exhalted twats.

57 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Lorimer? 

Wait for next week...

• Like 1