Crispy

Saddam Hussein

Abd Al-Baqi Abd Karim Al-Sadun (wiki), dead at 74.

Military leader and regional Ba'ath Party commander under Saddam.

Featured on both the U.S. list of most-wanted Iraqis. and the most-wanted Iraqi playing cards (as the 5 of diamonds).

32/55 dead from the list, 28/52 dead from the playing cards.

unnamed.jpg.9d873963d90d21e8ef80eb4f19ef6721.jpg

• Like 2

Rumours swirling that his wife Sajida Talfah is dead...

• Like 3

On 05/10/2022 at 15:15, drol said:

Rumours swirling that his wife Sajida Talfah is dead...

Officially denied.

Likely she is ill though. Not a bad idea for a 2023 DDP pick, along with Comical Ali.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Officially denied.

Likely she is ill though. Not a bad idea for a 2023 DDP pick, along with Comical Ali.

Comical Ali looked quite good in this picture from July/August:

On 05/08/2022 at 22:53, arghton said:

Amman, the widow of Salih Mahdi Ammash (1924-1985) VP of Iraq with Saddam 1970-1971 who was murdered in Helsinki in 1985 and mother of Huda Salih Mahdi Ammash aka. Mrs. Anthrax, Iraqi politician/scientist and the only woman in the Most-wanted Iraqi playing cards, died at the end of last month.

Why am I mentioning this in this thread? According to talk on facebook Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, aka. Comical Ali/Baghdad Bob made a very rare appearance at her memorial service, and if this isn't a hoax and it doesn't turn out to be an old picture, he looks amazing for an octogenarian (82? 85?) who was "terminally ill" with cancer seven years ago:

comicalali.png.5a199e528613d4df18b600dbbcb9c3bd.png

However I'm still not fully convinced this was new, considering he looked horrible seven years ago. So much fake information going around frequently about Saddam-era politicians and his family. I recall Mrs. Anthrax herself has been rumored dead a few times too. And Talfah was rumored dead in 2015.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

However I'm still not fully convinced this was new, considering he looked horrible seven years ago. So much fake information going around frequently about Saddam-era politicians and his family. I recall Mrs. Anthrax herself has been rumored dead a few times too. And Talfah was rumored dead in 2015.

The British press called her “Chemical Sally”. 

• Like 2

On 06/10/2022 at 17:20, arghton said:

Sounds like he's gotten himself a job calculating the attendences at the Qatar World Cup

• Haha 3

On 27/10/2020 at 04:07, Ulitzer95 said:

Al-Douri was the last high profile name still at large. 

There were two lists compiled. The Most Wanted Iraqi playing cards (52 names), and the slightly larger U.S. List of Most Wanted Iraqis (55 names). 

It’s the same 5 still at large on both lists: Kazim, Hani Tilfah, Rafi Tilfah, Habbush and Saif al-Rawi.

Nobody is really looking for these people. They weren’t high profile or central to Saddam’s regime as such. 17 years have passed. It’s possible they’ll continue to evade capture and die in (relative) freedom like al-Douri. 

On 31/10/2020 at 14:51, arghton said:

Aziz Salih (b. 1941/1945) Ba'ath party branch command chairman, sentenced to death in 2011. King of diamonds

Iraqi Governor of Kuwait, Ba'ath party branch command chairman and King of Diamonds in the Iraqi most wanted playing cards Aziz Saleh Al-Numan is widely reported to have died in a prison in Baghdad yesterday at 82. 

numan__01.thumb.jpg.a154f7fac4392eb401d506a5400602ec.jpg

I wonder how many there are still behind bars. Alaa Hussein Ali, Saddam's puppet leader of Kuwait is also still alive but is said to be in frail/ill health.

• Like 4

30 of the 52 are now dead.

4 are still at large, and at this point are unlikely to get caught as Iraqi fugitives are not a priority of the U.S.

• Like 2