Crispy

Saddam Hussein

It's either the Pinochet defense, used to good effect by Milosevic in recent times; or his captors have been feeding him anticoagulants in hopes of inducing a bleed. My money is on the former. Easier to fake an illness than to induce one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4090435.stm

There are claims that Saddam is refusing his food along with some of his buddies.

Poor nutrition is as we know not conducive to longevity.

He is eating "snacks" so it doesn't count as a hunger strike.

I wonder if the US would prefer him to live or die. Some of them will no doubt be frustrated that he's unlikely to get the death penalty whilst American citizens can get it simply for minor traffic offences.

I wonder if he is afraid of poisoning?

Sadly, I think there is more chance of the poor Iraqi judge the Americans have got trying Saddam, being killed in the near future.

Looks like you hit the nail on the coffin :devil:

Saddam tribunal judge gunned down

Barwiz Mahmoud Marwani and his son - who was also working at the tribunal - were gunned down outside their home on Tuesday, police said.

This is the first known murder of any of about 20 judges on the tribunal.

Saddam 'to face just 12 charges'

The Iraqi government says Saddam Hussein will face only 12 charges when he goes on trial, despite a possible 500 cases against him. A spokesman said the 12 charges of crimes against humanity were fully documented and there was no point "wasting time" dealing with all 500.

He reiterated the government's plan to start the trial within two months. The judge in charge of the trial says the former dictator's morale is low because of the number of accusations.

Saddam Hussein, who was ousted by US-led forces and captured in December 2003, faces the death penalty if convicted.

Saddam Hussein, who was ousted by US-led forces and captured in December 2003, faces the death penalty if convicted.

Even if he is convicted it will most likely be some time

untill he is exsecuted. B)

None of this really matters anyway since they don't even have the real Saddam. Take a good look at him. It's clearly an imposter. The shape of the head is different, the eyebrows are not the same, the eye color is slightly lighter. There are inconsistancies everywhere. The sad truth here is that this man (who may not even exist) is going to be tried, convicted and executed just to please the American and British gobberments. Face it, they have to have some way of finishing off all the spending of money for a rather questionable series of events which have occurred over the past few years and what better way than an execution to be broadcast live on simulcast between the CBC, the BBC and ABC? Just think of the ratings!

Moving back a moment though, I must repeat, THE MAN THEY HAVE IN CUSTODY IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT SADDAM HUSSEIN. In the final picture a man will either be executed or not but if one indeedlyweedly is then I for one doubt it will actually be the REAL Hussein (who is either long dead or has fled the country by now and is living it up in either on a kibbutz just outside of Tel Aviv or in a simple yurt in Ulan Bator.

The prececeding rantings have been presented by me and in no way shape or form reflect the views of this station, so please do not bend, fold, spindle or mutilate them as if they do or did.

None of this really matters anyway since they don't even have the real Saddam. Take a good look at him. It's clearly an imposter. The shape of the head is different, the eyebrows are not the same, the eye color is slightly lighter. There are inconsistancies everywhere. The sad truth here is that this man (who may not even exist) is going to be tried, convicted and executed just to please the American and British gobberments. Face it, they have to have some way of finishing off all the spending of money for a rather questionable series of events which have occurred over the past few years and what better way than an execution to be broadcast live on simulcast between the CBC, the BBC and ABC? Just think of the ratings!

Moving back a moment though, I must repeat, THE MAN THEY HAVE IN CUSTODY IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT SADDAM HUSSEIN. In the final picture a man will either be executed or not but if one indeedlyweedly is then I for one doubt it will actually be the REAL Hussein (who is either long dead or has fled the country by now and is living it up in either on a kibbutz just outside of Tel Aviv or in a simple yurt in Ulan Bator.

The prececeding rantings have been presented by me and in no way shape or form reflect the views of this station, so please do not bend, fold, spindle or mutilate them as if they do or did.

Have you got pix of the real Saddam & the "imposter" so we can make a comparison?

So where is the real Saddam??

Guest IYG
So where is the real Saddam??

In hell, don't you people watch South Park?

either on a kibbutz just outside of Tel Aviv or in a simple yurt in Ulan Bator.

What's a complex yurt like?

either on a kibbutz just outside of Tel Aviv or in a simple yurt in Ulan Bator.

What's a complex yurt like?

Lady complex yurts I should imagine.

None of this really matters anyway since they don't even have the real Saddam.  etc...

I suspect this is more down to psychology than a conspiracy.

Slobodan Milosevic berates the judges in his "Trial" and is generally rude and uppity to everyone, and no-one thinks he's a look-alike.

Rudolf Hess was clearly two stops after Barking at Nuremberg, and plenty of people were willing to believe it wasn't the real him.

I therefore suggest that the sight of Saddam shuffling about in his underpants like an embarrassing older relative is too much for many Americans, who have been told for the past decade that he is the most evilest[sic] man in the world.

The truth is that he's just a second rate dictator whose luck ran out.

If the US was going to use look-alikes to stage show trials don't you think they would go for Bin liner first? :(

Slobodan Milosevic berates the judges in his "Trial" and is generally rude and uppity to everyone, and no-one thinks he's a look-alike.

Rudolf Hess was clearly two stops after Barking at Nuremberg, and plenty of people were willing to believe it wasn't the real him.

I therefore suggest that the sight of Saddam shuffling about in his underpants like an embarrassing older relative is too much for many Americans, who have been told for the past decade that he is the most evilest[sic] man in the world.

The truth is that he's just a second rate dictator whose luck ran out.

If the US was going to use look-alikes to stage show trials don't you think they would go for Bin liner first?

The factuals being what they are, Saddam Hussein is/was far more than a second rate dictator. He was elected to his position by the people of Iraq and by an overwhelming margin of victory. You may not like him, he may at times have exceeded what those of the Western societies deem to be acceptable behavior however there is no mistaking his swarthy good looks and normal understanding of how to run a country. When you really stop and think about it just about every supposedly civilized nation had its own roots in some form or level of barbarism. The difficulty came when Hussein wouldn't just roll over and do silly tricks for the alleged world super powers (G.B. and The U.S.S.A among others). Because he stood his ground he was targeted as a bad guy. This after we had invested billions of dollars in weapons towards Iraq and the U.S.A. in point of fact actually pushed Hussein into power. Look deeper and you'll notice that Hussein only wanted to maintain Iraq as it was and should be and that is why he moved towards Kuwait. Theere was never any evidence that he intended to attending to attacking Kuwait, that was just a rumour generated by a group of silly scared Nancy Boys named George H.W. Bush and Whiner Danforth Quayle and their pals.

And for the record, Hussein showed more composure and decency than most in those pictures which are making the rounds. How many of us could endure life in a jail cell with no running water and rotting swill for food and still maintain good personal appearance. His underwear was clean, he appeared clean, he didn't look sulky or surly. In my book he is far more of a great human being than you or I can ever be Guesty. Show me one place where he has been seen shuffling around in his underwear. A)he does not shuffle, B)He does not shuggle.

According to your logic, if a man behaves in a dignified manner he is to be scolded. Sad, really and truthfully sad that people cannot appreciate the sexy charms and good natures of Saddam.

........ the sexy charms and good natures of Saddam.

Unfortunately this charming man had a nasty habit of murdering those of his subjects whose existence had become inconvenient for him.

..... I'm sure that T Blair or G W Bush would never do such a thing. :(

The factuals being what they are, Saddam Hussein is/was far more than a second rate dictator. He was elected to his position by the people of Iraq and by an overwhelming margin of victory. You may not like him, he may at times have exceeded what those of the Western societies deem to be acceptable behavior however there is no mistaking his swarthy good looks and normal understanding of how to run a country. When you really stop and think about it just about every supposedly civilized nation had its own roots in some form or level of barbarism. The difficulty came when Hussein wouldn't just roll over and do silly tricks for the alleged world super powers (G.B. and The U.S.S.A among others). Because he stood his ground he was targeted as a bad guy. This after we had invested billions of dollars in weapons towards Iraq and the U.S.A. in point of fact actually pushed Hussein into power........

Just for once, Mr Brimley, I will agree with you on a matter of politics.

Well said.

Unfortunately this charming man had a nasty habit of murdering those of his subjects whose existence had become inconvenient for him.

..... I'm sure that T Blair or G W Bush would never do such a thing. 

I wonder which of Saddam and Bush/Blair will at the end of the day have killed more Iraqis?

Show me one place where he has been seen shuffling around in his underwear.  A)he does not shuffle, B)He does not shuggle.

Well here for a start,

Saddam

I guess I was rather naive in expecting you to flesh out your theory on Saddam's replacement Bruno - Much more fun to distract away from it with a long slagging off of my post.

BushSaddam.jpg

President George Bush and Saddam Hussein in happier times

BushSaddam.jpg

President George Bush and Saddam Hussein in happier times

Nice photo FF.

Show me one place where he has been seen shuffling around in his underwear.  A)he does not shuffle, B)He does not shuggle.

Well here for a start,

Saddam

I guess I was rather naive in expecting you to flesh out your theory on Saddam's replacement Bruno - Much more fun to distract away from it with a long slagging off of my post.

What's to flesh out? Any amateur can tell it's not the same person. And check out the tongue piercing the replica-replacement Saddam has. Really, an emerald? It's all wrong and only highlights the fact that the imposter Hussein isn't the real one.

What's to flesh out?  Any amateur can tell it's not the same person.  And check out the tongue piercing the replica-replacement Saddam has.  Really, an emerald?  It's all wrong and only highlights the fact that the imposter Hussein isn't the real one.

I agree Bruno, couldn't have two high profile Middle Eastern gentlemen running loose now could we?

I don't think the authorities will give him the death penalty somehow!

I don't think the authorities will give him the death penalty somehow!

Really? Why's that? Just because they don't want to make a martyr out of him? It's really important to know, as we're now in the second half of the year, people are starting to gather names for their DDP 2006 entries. His trial won't start for a while yet, and by the time they sentence him, it would surely be next year before he was executed.

... It's really important to know, as we're now in the second half of the year, people are starting to gather names for their DDP 2006 entries. His trial won't start for a while yet, and by the time they sentence him, it would surely be next year before he was executed.

Yes he might well be beheaded or gassed or electrocuted or riddled with bullets by the close of the calendar year presently known as 2006; however, the real excitement and thrill that I receive from Deathlist (and occasionally other places) is the guessing game. I mean really, what amount of fun and pleasure can really be gained when it is someone who has been handed a death penalty? Now, if on the other hand people put Saddam on the list, citing his increasing age and health issues then it would be much more enjoyable...worthwhile even...if he were to keel over dead and thus earn his big red X here on Deathlist.

Really? Why's that? Just because they don't want to make a martyr out of him? It's really important to know, as we're now in the second half of the year, people are starting to gather names for their DDP 2006 entries. His trial won't start for a while yet, and by the time they sentence him, it would surely be next year before he was executed

Thats exactly why. Iv'e no doubt there are still a lot of Sadam supporters out there and I think they are the ones who will make a martyr out of him.