Crispy

Saddam Hussein

Going back to our regularly scheduled program, Sadaam likely to be executed sooner than later. Also included, a selection from the desk of Sadaam.
Lets hope they wait at least another 5 days before they hang him.

I get this horrible vision that they'll do it Sunday at dawn, just out of bloodymindedness. And to annoy us.

regards,

Hein

Going back to our regularly scheduled program, Sadaam likely to be executed sooner than later. Also included, a selection from the desk of Sadaam.

Lets hope they wait at least another 5 days before they hang him.

I don't, get that bloody rope!

He is on my 2006 and 2007 list - so I don't care when they do it.

He is on my 2006 and 2007 list - so I don't care when they do it.

2008 it is then...... :P

oh dear, looks like we might be too late.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16384738/

Where's Johnny Cochran when you need him?

That is definitely bad news for deadpool enthusiasts. :P

oh dear, looks like we might be too late.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16384738/

Where's Johnny Cochran when you need him?

That is definitely bad news for deadpool enthusiasts. :P

I've got Saddam in this years DDP, so hang away,

Just leave his two chums until Jan 1st. :P

It was all over the news today (well, Radio 1 news... or should I call that: "news") that thousands of people have rung up the Iraqi PM's office asking to be Mr Hussein's executioner.

Looks as though TF has possibly gone to great lengths for a few measly points... :(

correction-not dead yet but will be hanged today (friday)or tomorrow it has been confirmed-report here http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061229/kyodo/d8ma7d884.html

There's still a lot of speculation as to whether or not he will be executed this weekend.

If he is, it will be done swiftly and in the midst of a lot of secrecy so as to avoid any rescue attempts.

Guest DFSelkirk

Saddam Hussein might not even make it to 2007. May God have mercy on his soul when he stands in judgement to answer for the deaths of thousands of citizens of his own country. He will burn in hell for eternity.

Looks like it's all over. The US has handed him over to the Iraqi's and his lawyer is picking up his personal possessions. The US wouldn't allow him to be out of their control for long, therefore I'm sure he's in his last few hours now - this includes the other two too.

Thank God that I hadn't submitted any death lists yet. It's been a busy Christmas period.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1245417,00.html

More Breaking News. Now an Iraqi official is denying that they have Saddam yet and is saying that he won't be executed before Jan 26th - Whahey! :P

BBC cut and paste:

"Ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has reportedly been handed over from US to Iraqi custody and there are numerous signs that he could be hanged today.

However, Iraqi officials have denied taking custody of the former leader, whose own lawyers have confirmed that they have been asked to pick up his personal effects.

Lawyers are reported to have said that he has said goodbye to his two half brothers in a rare prison meeting and his personal affects have been given to his legal team.

A senior Bush administration official said Saddam could go to the gallows as soon as Saturday.

Iraq's legal system outlaws execution on religious holidays, and the festival of Eid al-Adha, which coincides with the haj pilgrimage to Mecca, runs from Friday until work resumes on January 7. This suggests that he is facing the last hours of his life."

Now, I'm thinking, that the US would not just hand him over without also being told that the hanging would not happen the same day. They have held him safely and securely all this time for the Iraqi government and would not be happy with the idea that with transfer infultraters could spring him from less secure overnight holding routine. With this news about "Eid al-Adha" - its already Friday - enyone know if this festival thing starts during the day or at sun-down?

Hang on, hang on - he's not gone yet...

It is said he will be allowed some last requests including smokes and some grub. What do you think he will ask for?

20 Camels or Lucky Strike?

For breakfast, 'Kurds' and whey or perhaps fried eggs, 'Sunni' side up?

whats the deal with these two? Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti and Awad Hamed al-Bandar? will they be hanged on the same day?

im thinking, one either side of Saddam, and they could do it in order like an Olympic ceramony, and then they can let off fireworks! and play national anthems! and..... sorry

Well, yet another report. This one saying that it may be done tomorrow. And I guess that's so that is not done on a Friday and before the Eid al-Adha festival starts at sundown on Sunday.

Iraq's legal system outlaws execution on religious holidays, and the festival of Eid al-Adha, which coincides with the haj pilgrimage to Mecca, runs from Friday until work resumes on January 7. This suggests that he is facing the last hours of his life.
According to a page about Saudi calendrical calculations, 10 Dhū ’l-Hijja 1426 will start on gregorian date Saturday, December 30 2006 at sunset in Mecca. I don't know if Iraq adopts this calendar.

Edit to add: I don't want to dis foreign calendars, as there is no perfect one, but in this case the many interpretations of the Islamic calendar make it a nightmare.

regards,

Hein

Saddam's execution to be videotaped

Several sources said Saddam's execution would be videotaped by the Iraqi government, though it wasn't clear whether it would be released to the public or broadcast.

"We will video everything," Iraqi National Security adviser Mouffak al Rubaie told CBS News.

Well - will he be my 8th of 2006 or 1st of 2007.

Ford died (he was on 2006 + 2007) after my team had been submitted so my sub has already taken over. If he dies this year, I will have to submit a second sub.

The evidence would suggest that he is going to be dead in 2006. I suppose it is symbolic to end that chapter of history at the end of a year, rather than at the beginning. I also heard something about a curfew being on over weekends or something making it a better idea to kill him now to give an excuse to slaughter those who take to the streets...