Fate whispering in your ear

Last words, there is nothing to say

Final requests, you won't be here that day

Shut your eyes and meet death

As the people they cheer louder

Something stands in the corner

Tipping his hat

Don't have al-Bandar, but al-Tikriti is my joker, so let 'em hang. :blink:

People have recently been comparing Abraham Lincoln to Saddam Hussein to protest his execution. It's true in the broadest sense that both were willing to kill their own countrymen for the sake of order. Lincoln, however, did not slaughter women and children and he certainly didn't drop them in industrial paper shredders or burn them alive in acid.

I just got the strange feeling that someone would pop up to tell me what an 'ignant I am for thinking those two should hang.

I don't have either on mine so...

GO ON, LET 'EM OFF! PLEASE!

I think the only Derby Dead Pooler to have missed them is Windsor... who will now accuse everyone else of being a cheat.

A sitter from 5 yards, with the goalie stranded...who'd turn that down?

(ATJ who can't be bothered to sign in.)

The worst of this is that those miserable Shiites who have replaced the Sunnis are clearly responsible for this delay and no doubt for their own gain in their various deathlists, they wanted to be assured of having some hits for '07.

I fancy that Shi'ites will have quite a 'hands-on' approach to ensuring the success of their deathlists. There will be no shortage of hits. And good luck to them, say I. Bless them.

I just got the strange feeling that someone would pop up to tell me what an 'ignant I am for thinking those two should hang.

Yeah...I think they are both innocent and there is a potential massive miscarriage of justice here . This opinion is in no way connected to me not picking them in ANY of the 4 DP's that I have recently entered . :)

However...bearing in mind that TMIB has already got a DDP hit ...the fact he is missing these 2 criminals shouldn't hurt his prospects :D

I haven't written my email to the Iraqi President yet...

Yeah...I think they are both innocent and there is a potential massive miscarriage of justice here . This opinion is in no way connected to me not picking them in ANY of the 4 DP's that I have recently entered . :)

However...bearing in mind that TMIB has already got a DDP hit ...the fact he is missing these 2 criminals shouldn't hurt his prospects :D

Yeah I got it...last year!

ah well, my team is for a whole year, not the first week...nil desperandum :lol:

UPDATE: Sorry Grobler, I didn't realise you meant John Smyth until later....nil desperandum indeed!

:lol:

Yeah...I think they are both innocent and there is a potential massive miscarriage of justice here . This opinion is in no way connected to me not picking them in ANY of the 4 DP's that I have recently entered . :lol:

Yeah I got it...last year!

ah well, my team is for a whole year, not the first week...nil desperandum :lol:

not with you TMIB...? You have a unique DDP hit.....catapaulting you to the top of the leader board :)

I admit ...this will be short lived when most of my super - dooper picks stop breathing...but...a hit is a hit !!

I know now Grobler!

What a start. You better believe it baby... :blink:

I know now Grobler!

What a start. You better believe it baby... ;)

:D:):lol::lol::angry::angry::blink:

al-Bandar & al-Tikriti have got a stay of execution

Read it somewhere but can't find a link.

There's plenty of time to train someone with a mobile phone. Frankly, the camera work on Saddam was a disgrace, can we have it done properly this time?

The video footage of Saddam's hanging was obviously good enough for these boys

al-Bandar & al-Tikriti have got a stay of execution

Read it somewhere but can't find a link.

Here's a link

Hopefully on Sunday it will all be over

Baha al-Araji, an influential Shiite lawmaker from radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr's parliamentary bloc, said: "I am sure it will be done on Sunday."

Baha al-Araji, an influential Shiite lawmaker from radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr's parliamentary bloc, said: "I am sure it will be done on Sunday."

He sounds ideally qualified for politics.

I've always thought that Blair & Bush are a couple of shiites too.

Saddam aides 'to die this week'

The Iraqi government has said that the executions of two senior associates of former leader Saddam Hussein, will take place some time during the week.

This is despite an appeal from the new UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, that they should not go ahead.

Does anyone know what happened to that nice black overcoat Saddam wore to his hanging? It looked really nice and if nobody lays claim to it, I wouldn't mind having it.

I think it's nice of the Iraqis to drop the genocide charges for Saddam :o:rip::D

Does anyone know what happened to that nice black overcoat Saddam wore to his hanging? It looked really nice and if nobody lays claim to it, I wouldn't mind having it.

yeah i think i saw Jose Mourinho wearing it on Saturday?

I think it's nice of the Iraqis to drop the genocide charges for Saddam :o:rip::D

Does that mean he gets a reprieve?

yeah i think i saw Jose Mourinho wearing it on Saturday?

I guess one of the executioners took it. Very nice coat - top of the range in Mohammed Bros of Baghdad.

I just looked up Saddam's birthday on Wiki to find out his start sign - it's April 28th, Taurus. Interestingly, April 28th is also Vernon Kay's birthday.