Crispy

Saddam Hussein

Leaving aside the date gaff, I wonder if those who added the disciples to their lists for AD30/31/32, say, would be accused of cheating. Going on a few years I bet there would have been Roman deadpoolers who just ran off lists of Christian notables ahead of the Roman "games".

Compare 2007 to when Jesus was crucified. Just hours ago two iraqi residents were hung. It was announced. Everyone was prepared. But in that time Christian believers were executed often, but with what preperation to the public? Mercy for life was none existent. And I think people were less civilized with the freedom to kill their neigbor and never be jailed or persecuted for the wrong doings. If you had a list then you might consider execution cheating, just like I consider the modern day deadpoolers getting two prime hits on iraqi hangings cheating, but rules are the rules and in that time i'm sure no rule was ever stable.

PS. I thought there was some consensus around Jesus being about 33 when he died.

True. I just wasn't aware of the year.

I wonder also if there have been any times in history when deathlisting would have been comparatively easy. Just ahead of Stalin a purge perhaps, but would they have had obits?

There could have been some big hits in 1916.

After Berlin was invaded it's a fact that in coming years many Nazi's were sent straight to hell. I can't recall any other examples better then the deciples of Jesus (Which a few lived to be very old) But possible future occations such as a deadly spreading disease or a nuclear attack in say 'Hollywood California' will make the front page in the paper.

i just wanted to say ive been reading this thread for while im actually giggling to myself. and im not drunk or stoned or anything. :D

rm.

edit: and i didnt even realise it was on the saddam thread.. i thought it was the 'does anyone know to the nearest 1000 years when jesus lived' thread...

It would have been real tricky to have a Deathlist running during Stalins purges. You'd have found that people put on the list in December would turn out never to have existed by June. I'm sure there would have been quibbling about the rules, from the likes of Comrade Romanov from Arkhangelsk, that we could only dream of.

I wonder also if there have been any times in history when deathlisting would have been comparatively easy. Just ahead of Stalin a purge perhaps, but would they have had obits?

You could have got 11 hits if you had submitted a Nazi war crimes team for 1946.

When I heard that he was decapitated, I thought he must be the fat one. That would make sense.

But no, he is the old looking skinny one.

Must have been disgusting to watch - he was pulled apart so there may have been wind pipe etc hanging from the head.

Nasty business...

These two were on my Rotten Ali Shadow list - I think I'm winning but not sure...

(I'll probably be accused of cheating for not having my list up on the stroke of midnight on the 1st but oh well).

Nice of you to have a mentioned in dispatches quote from you Windsor. I'll be using that "shadow" bit if I ever run a deadpool of my own. Must admit to not being around off late - my mums about to "go" and hospitals are nasty places at the best of times.

Nice of you to have a mentioned in dispatches quote from you Windsor. I'll be using that "shadow" bit if I ever run a deadpool of my own. Must admit to not being around off late - my mums about to "go" and hospitals are nasty places at the best of times.

Well I know you enjoy it.

Deepest sympathy regarding your mother.

I wonder also if there have been any times in history when deathlisting would have been comparatively easy.

The Biblical Flood seems a good candidate.

regards,

Hein

I wonder also if there have been any times in history when deathlisting would have been comparatively easy.

The Biblical Flood seems a good candidate.

regards,

Hein

I'd likely be the putz who picked Noah. :crossbone:

Saddam Hussain's former vice leading man, Taha Yassin Ramadan, has had his life sentence, er, upgraded. Several downright desperate deadpoolers have picked him.

I picked Chemical Ali for my Death League team. Anyone have an opinion as to whether and when he'll swing?

Oh for f**k sack. Which of you arseholes had him?

For obvious purposes all Afghanastani Executions were left off my bid. When I look at DDP, to me no great selections have been proven so far.

For obvious purposes all Afghanastani Executions were left off my bid. When I look at DDP, to me no great selections have been proven so far.

We're in Iraq as well these days Banshess...

Well Michael I think it is time that this George Walker Bush brings the troops home. It has gone on long enough. Let him atleast end his presidency on better terms. Were gaining less having this war. Haven't we already owned iraqi forces? I don't really see what the problem is. People are dieing all the time, and more people will die. It is leaving your army in constant danger and it has to be put to it's death.

Guest Windsor the Troll

Well Michael I think it is time that this George Walker Bush brings the troops home. It has gone on long enough. Let him atleast end his presidency on better terms. Were gaining less having this war. Haven't we already owned iraqi forces? I don't really see what the problem is. People are dieing all the time, and more people will die. It is leaving your army in constant danger and it has to be put to it's death.

My dear Joseph (or do you prefer Joe),

when I am on this forum you refer to me as Windsor.

The WDP bans deathrow cases this year so Ramadan is a dead loss all round.

Saddam's ally Saadoun Hammadi dies

Saadoun Hammadi, a longtime ally of Saddam Hussein and one of the most senior Iraq Baath party leaders — who also served as a rare Shiite prime minister under Saddam — has died in a hospital in Germany

Under Saddam, Hammadi held the posts of foreign and oil minister, and was the last speaker of the Iraqi parliament up to the 2003 U.S. invasion.

However it should be noted that Iraqui VicePresident, Taha Yassin Ramadan is set to hang from the old noose within the next 24 hours.

This comes from maltastar.com

Saddam's Vice President to be executed

Former Iraq Vice President is set to hanged ''any moment''

19 March 2007

Former Iraqi vice-president Taha Yassin Ramadan is set to be hanged in for crimes against humanity within the next 24 hours.

A lawyer who represents former deputy prime minsiter Tariq Aziz said the family of Ramadan had asked him to appeal to the president to stop the execution, Sky News reported.

Aziz is also facing charges of crimes against humanity. "The execution is not legal or correct," a legal spokesman said.

Last week an Iraqi appeals court upheld a decision by the High Court to execute Saddam's Vice President and a judge said the hanging could be carried out "at any moment".

Ramadan was sentenced in November to life in jail for his role in the killing of 148 Shi'ites in the town of Dujail in the 1980s for which Saddam and two former aides have already been hanged.

But an appeals court recommended that he receive the death penalty and referred the case back to the trial court.

The trial court in November found Ramadan guilty of issuing orders for the systematic detention, torture and killing of men, women and children from Dujail following an attempt on Saddam's life there in 1982.

Saddam Hussein was executed at the end of December within days of the sentence being passed, while the other two were executed in January.

While the Iraqi president normally has the power to stop death penalties being implemented, the prosecution and the government have said the statutes of the Iraqi High Tribunal state that in crimes against humanity there is no power of veto.

Whenever Ramadan gets hanged, the team "No Noose Is a Good Noose" will score some major points in the DDP