Guest Chewie

Michael Foot

Guest iain

forget that-Im now being told that Michael Foot is 'unwell'.we await news with interest

We're always awaiting news with interest and as for him being unwell, there's 45 left on our list who aren't exactly London Marathon fodder. Iain man, I sure hope yer right but I remember a few weeks back Foot's imminent death. Trouble is, it's mid-May and he remembers that weekend too.

Guest iain

Please God help to hurry up Michaels reunion with his departed friends and relatives in heaven.Preferably before his next birthday in 6 weeks time.Pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Do I detect a slight loss of your previous confidence that he was - like - gonna die this weekend. The man's a genuine football fan, I reckon he won't dare die whilst our World Cup campaign remains alive.

forget that-Im now being told that Michael Foot is 'unwell'.we await news with interest

Despite the fact that there is no evidence of Michael Foot's ill health - I currently find this inconceivable.

Guest iain

Michael Foot has just 10 days to die.Betetr hurry up!The clock is ticking!

cos - frankly - cancer is cancer

Tell that to Jane "Whizz wheels" Tomlinson :)

Jane Tomlinson - she, like Michael, displays a determined resilience not to bow to the inevitable.

"Jane has advanced metastatic breast cancer, the disease spread is extensive. The disease was diagnosed incurable on the 31st August 2000 the ride will finish on the 6th anniversary of the date. Jane’s prognosis was for her to survive six months.

In the last six years Jane has had 4 courses of chemotherapy the last one consisting of Taxol will be completed on the 27th April only 60 days before starting the ride. Jane will continue Herceptin until the week before the ride starts. As a result of the drug regimes Jane has chronic heart disease and has only been able to start training for the ride since mid-April 2006."

If she survives her bike ride in the US, perhaps she should be considered as a suitable candidate for the 2007 list?

Anyway back to Michael. I met him briefly during the 83 GE campaign and he was charming - far too pleasant to lead the then severely dysfunctional Labour Party. He was also smartly dressed. He wore the famous "donkey jacket" simply to keep warm in his Saville Row suit during November's cenotaph ceremony.

I too met Michael during that campaign and found him more approachable, funnier and more robust than the press painted him. Wasted on the in-fighting excuse for a force that was his party, I totally agree.

Re Jane Tomlinson, what odds would we get on her winning next year's Tour De France? I mean, there's a long tradition of riders taking - er - 'medication.'

I too met Michael during that campaign and found him more approachable, funnier and more robust than the press painted him. Wasted on the in-fighting excuse for a force that was his party, I totally agree.

Re Jane Tomlinson, what odds would we get on her winning next year's Tour De France? I mean, there's a long tradition of riders taking - er - 'medication.'

Bugger me, I met him too during the same campaign. I was sent along to an election meeting in case he fell off the stage or something. Nice bloke.

Michael Foot has just 10 days to die.Betetr hurry up!The clock is ticking!

I wish I could say the same about your membership at deathlist.

Unfortunately some are more sympathetic to your cause* than I am.

*Cause: Being a complete annoyance to the board.

Looks like Windsor is out of riddles. He is having a pussy fit swerving his fists in the air. Defend yourself Iain, his comments are a shot in the face.

'Windsor on your next comment use the 'brass knucks'

Nine days for Michael Foot, personally, I think he'll live to see Plymouth Argyle kick a ball in anger this August.

Nine days for Michael Foot, personally, I think he'll live to see Plymouth Argyle kick a ball in anger this August.

Indeed, I wouldn't get your hopes up over the 10 day prediction.

I predict that iains prediction will flop just like all his other predictions. I can predict this because all his predictions have a predictable outcome.

I predict Windsor will be proven right, because his reasoning is based on a sound weighing up of the facts.

Guest iain

if Michael Foot is still alive a week on sunday he wil have become the longest living ex party leader from either of the 3 main political parties in the UK.He just doesnt deserve that accolade,hence i AM CONVINCED HE WILL DIE BEFORE THEN!

pS my avatar is NOT michael foot although it does bear a certain resemblance

F**k sake Iain! The reasoning and inside information behind all this predicting is nowt but your assertion that Foot doesn't deserve to overtake - I guess - Jim Callaghan as the oldest ex-party leader this country has ever produced!!!! Tell me there's more to your prognostications on instant doom for the Footster than this.

I'm willing to bet most Americans - given a choice - would opt for someone other than Gerald Ford to become the longest living ex-president but there's want you want then there's genetics and good luck. Thought Foot was a decent enough fella in an impossible spot meself, if the man gets a little longer to reflect in his dotage and enjoy lowly Plymouth Argyle punching well above their weight, good luck to him.

F**k sake Iain! The reasoning and inside information behind all this predicting is nowt but your assertion that Foot doesn't deserve to overtake - I guess - Jim Callaghan as the oldest ex-party leader this country has ever produced!!!! Tell me there's more to your prognostications on instant doom for the Footster than this.

I'm willing to bet most Americans - given a choice - would opt for someone other than Gerald Ford to become the longest living ex-president but there's want you want then there's genetics and good luck. Thought Foot was a decent enough fella in an impossible spot meself, if the man gets a little longer to reflect in his dotage and enjoy lowly Plymouth Argyle punching well above their weight, good luck to him.

Personally, whether Ford lives long enough to be the oldest living ex-president doesn't change my life any. I'd like to see him kick for two reasons.

1. I have him on my death pool picks.

2. As a Federal Employee, I'd get the day off for Gerry's funeral.

I have absolutely nothing against Gerald Ford, mainly because I was an infant when he was president

Now if we're having this conversation in 33 years and the ex-president is George W. Bush...I'd be ranting and raving that W. doesn't deserve the distinction of oldest ex-prez, not that I could do anything about it.

I'm willing to bet most Americans - given a choice - would opt for someone other than Gerald Ford to become the longest living ex-president

Not that I really count as an American, but I'd say, it could be worse than Ford. I bet there were more than a few sighs of relief when Nixon carked it...

Plymouth Argyle

Deeply offensive language MPFC :rip:

Guest iain

I have my Michael Foot voodoo doll here and am sticking a pin in it right now...

I'll tell you what .I will make a pledge that wil please windsor.If Michael Foot is still alive on h is 93rd birthday on sunday week then I will never post on deathlist ever again,such will be my dissappintment! (he damn well better die now!)

edit- i said this partly in jest so please dont hold me to it

I have my Michael Foot voodoo doll here and am sticking a pin in it right now...

I'll tell you what .I will make a pledge that wil please windsor.If Michael Foot is still alive on h is 93rd birthday on sunday week then I will never post on deathlist ever again,such will be my dissappintment! (he damn well better die now!)

Iain, you keep making promises you don't keep. Ever fancied a career in politics?

There's every chance he will make it Iain, what would you do without the DL?

I'll take you up on that iain.

So...iain has just 8 days to kill Foot.Betetr hurry up!The clock is ticking!

Edit: Am I correct in assuming that Michael Foot has to surpass Callaghan's 92 years, 364 days to beat the record? If so you have 9/10 days left as he will only get the title if he sees his 93rd Birthday which is the 23rd July.

I'll take you up on that iain.

So...iain has just 8 days to kill Foot.Betetr hurry up!The clock is ticking!

Edit: Am I correct in assuming that Michael Foot has to surpass Callaghan's 92 years, 364 days to beat the record? If so you have 9/10 days left as he will only get the title if he sees his 93rd Birthday which is the 23rd July.

It's a good job it wasn't a leap year and he'd have to survive and extra day just to beat the record :P

Although I might despise his "politics" with a passion, I wouldn't wish him any harm and he'll be around for a while yet.

I only met him once, and he was a fairly cheerful, happy chap.

I admit I thought "Thank **** he never became PM," but he was a dear old chap all the less.

So - bye, bye Iain.