Guest Chewie

Michael Foot

an assosciate of Michael Foots, the left wing politician Ted Grant has died ,days after his 93rd birthday.

associate??

In the atmosphere of Labour's long shift to the left in the 1970s, all attempts to take action against the Militant/RSL were successfully resisted and even Michael Foot's action against Grant in 1982 (he was expelled along with the so-called "Editorial Board"

an assosciate of Michael Foots, the left wing politician Ted Grant has died ,days after his 93rd birthday.

Thats no use.

You claimed Michael Foot would die, and before his 93rd Birthday.

Not some random, after his 93rd Birthday.

PS. Something like 3 days left...

Guest iain

I still havent lost hope.Who knows,he may allready be dead but its not been announced yet

I still havent lost hope.Who knows,he may allready be dead but its not been announced yet

Iain,

In what way has Michael Foot wronged you , that you so desperately want him dead?

Iain,

In what way has Michael Foot wronged you , that you so desperately want him dead?

If you want my opinion, he is not famous enough for Deathlist. Just some unkown british politician that never made it or some sh*t. Leader of the british labor party? I don't even know what that means.

Guest iain

Iain,

TO BE HONEST iM WORRIED HE MIGHT BE A BI TLONELY NOW THAT HIS WIFE AND FAMILY HAVE ALL DIED.He can be reunited with them in heaven!(or wherever )

I always had this vision of a ghostly figure of Michael Foot shambling through the corridors of the Houses of Parliament, rustling his anorak

If you want my opinion, he is not famous enough for Deathlist. Just some unkown british politician that never made it or some sh*t. Leader of the british labor party? I don't even know what that means.

Pretty famous I'd say, especially as he was never even PM, and also gave the Labour Party their heaviest defeat in modern times in the 1983 General Election, the sort of thing that can make you more famous than coming a close second. The SDP/Liberal Alliance almost beat them into third place vote wise, although due to the 'first past the post' voting system they still crushed them on total seats gained. And without researching it, I imagine he would have held a few senior cabinet positions as part of the Labour Government of 1974-1979, maybe even before that.

Leader of the British Labour Party means exactly that. I'm clearly not American, but wouldn't you be just a little surprised if I said 'Leader of the Republican Party, what does that mean then?'. Plus I'd say Michael Dukakis, Ross Perot, Jessie Jackson, John Kerry, Al Gore etc. are famous enough to go on an admittedly UK-Biased list, so Michael Foot makes it hands down.

And he famously looks like and always has looked like a scruffy tramp of indeterminable age, very identifiable looks-wise. :P

More than that, the Labour party is the party that Tony Blair is currently leader of (in name if not spirit) so that counts as a reasonably high profile position to have, whether you then make Prime Minister or not at a later date.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have your own opinion on this BS, but it's almost that baseless to the point that I can say it's just plain wrong. You probably don't care what I think either way, but it's rare I know anything about anyone listed on this site so there's my opinion which is open to question too, of course. But I am right. :)

ps

I don't even know what that means.
Just occurred to me, does that refer to your previous sentence, or the rest of your post in general? ;)

TLC, making a topic-related post for a change....

It doesn't matter any way iain. I have no means to force you to leave if he doesn't die.

You also have most of the Moderators and the mighty Tempus Fugit (knob) objecting to me warning, suspending or banning you.

So do whatever the hell you like. Because as they said in the moderater forum to justify your actions, "Every village needs an idiot".

I'm just equating Foot to, say, watching (US Democratic Party head) Howard Dean for a death pool 25 years from now.

Haven't a clue of who Footie is either. I just know he's old and sick and an ol UK politico, which is good enough for me.

It doesn't matter any way iain. I have no means to force you to leave if he doesn't die.

You also have most of the Moderators and the mighty Tempus Fugit (knob) objecting to me warning, suspending or banning you.

So do whatever the hell you like. Because as they said in the moderater forum to justify your actions, "Every village needs an idiot".

I've heard there's quite a lot of freelance work at the BBC for a start. Or perhaps you could take over from Mystic Meg if she accidentally gets something right?

Considering there are people on this planet who can't work out that some daft bint in a wizard's cloak with a stupid voice cannot really predict winning lottery numbers for every person born under every single star sign in the same week there'll always be an opening for you somewhere. ;)

[meg]'I predict.... you have a shining future ahead of you Iain... I sense an emphasis on next Thursday... or Tuesday, definitely a T anyway... linked to a body part.... some joy through another's sadness. Luck could involve a man called Michael, but maybe not immmmmmediately.... Destiny involves a new IP address'[/meg]

Haven't a clue of who Footie is either. I just know he's old and sick and an ol UK politico, which is good enough for me.

That's the concise version of what I was trying to say. He may not be big in the US, but he's very well known in this country, more than a fair amount of the rest of the 50 are, but that's only my opinion.

Definitely time to go home now.

Iain,

TO BE HONEST iM WORRIED HE MIGHT BE A BI TLONELY NOW THAT HIS WIFE AND FAMILY HAVE ALL DIED.He can be reunited with them in heaven!(or wherever )

A bi what? ;) Are you claiming to know something else about him we don't eh Iain? Actually I wonder why he never fathered any children...maybe you are on to something

I agree with everything TLC said about his famousness, but I'm not sure he is lonely. Read back a few posts he still had friends taking him out for dinner so he's not some sad old bugger in an old folks' home with no-one visiting him. His wife died a few years ago now. If he was that lonely without her he'd have done a Callaghan or a Mills and died the same year

No need to be jealous Windsor, you can be the apprentice idiot, iain's understudy.

No need to be jealous Windsor, you can be the apprentice idiot, iain's understudy.

Hahahaha.

I suppose, the best thing about insulting people over the internet is that you don't need to 'get away for a bit'.

It's Michael Foot's 93rd Birthday.

No reports of his death thus far.

He is now the longest lived British Party leader beating Callaghan's 92 years, 364 days.

Iain lost his bet.

Time is running short for Iain and his called death of politician Micheal Foot. The agreement was that if he failed to die before his birthday Iain would simply become a part of Deathlist history. Is this still the deal? I'm not sure what happens from here...

:P;)

Happy 93rd Birthday, Mr Foot

I will probably give up on deathlist till someone else really famous on the list dies or until Footy finally does snuff it.I have still n ot given up on getting news by saturday though.I will be accused of backing off my prediction but I assure you that is n ot yet the case

Time is running short for Iain and his called death of politician Micheal Foot. The agreement was that if he failed to die before his birthday Iain would simply become a part of Deathlist history. Is this still the deal? I'm not sure what happens from here...

Looks like Iain backed out on his promise that he'd quit if Foot didn't die before his 93rd birthday.

How do you define someone really famous, Iain? as you tend to announce everyone's death on the "near misses" thread

i can now confirm that mICHAEL fOOT Is still alIVe and is now the longest living british party leader

Confirmed by wikipedia:

foot1.jpg

Guest iain

He is now the longest lived British Party leader beating Callaghan's 92 years, 364 days.

Iain lost his bet.

I have an announcement to make re Michael Foot imminently...

Iain lost his bet.

You didn't creep in to his house and murder him just before "the deadline" did you?

Guest iain

Iain lost his bet.

You didn't creep in to his house and murder him just before "the deadline" did you?

no comment-suffice to say I will make a formal statement tonight (sunday night) regarding Mr Foots condition.

no comment-suffice to say I will make a formal statement tonight (sunday night) regarding Mr Foots condition.

So what you are saying is that it will take you now the better part of a day to create some sad sob story and then tell us that you were thinking of a different Mikey Foot... or are you just trying to pay off various news organizations to do a little funning on the public by making a fake obit?

.... :rolleyes::skull::skill2::skull::skill2::skull::skill2::skull::skill2::skull::skill2:....

I hope it's a farewell speech you are writing.

It's not trial by jury here Iain (nothing so democratic thank god), or do you imagine you're being interviewed on the steps outside the court every time you talk? Actually, do you speak like that in real life? Hmmmmm.....

Iain's mum: "Would you like a cup of tea dear?"

Iain: "At present Mrs Smith I feel that while future investigations could still be prejudiced, a snap answer to what is nonetheless a relevant question must be avoided. However, on the basis of recent trends I feel that I cannot either agree to take tea or crucially, rule it out at this early stage. Later this evening...."

Iain's mum: "F*ck off and make your own c*nting tea then. Twat"

Hope not.