Sign in to follow this  
Magere Hein

Isabel Peron

Don't know, these people have a habit of living into their late 80's

Nice spot MH. I get the feeling that, once caught, she'll suddenly be struck down with a host of health problems ala Pinochet... :ghost:

I get the feeling they just want to arrest any former head of state down there.

Now that Pinochet is dead, they'll try her...

I get the feeling they just want to arrest any former head of state down there.

Now that Pinochet is dead, they'll try her...

WTF????

I'd like to say I'm surprised at Isabelita doing a Pinochet... but I'm not.

Guest George

She's doing a Pinochet all right, too 'frail' to be extradited say her attorneys.

Alive 6 1/2 years later can only mean 1 thing. She found a miracle drug to cure her.

A separate topic about the ex-president of Argentina, Isabel Perón, who ruled between 1974 to 1976 (deposed by a military coup) and currently has 86 years.

19 hours ago, Éricles Souza said:

A separate topic about the ex-president of Argentina, Isabelita Perón, who ruled between 1974 to 1976 (deposed by a military coup) and currently has 86 years.

Well, we could say that she might be worth considering, since she is an interesting historic figure (both as president and as the last wife/vice-president of Juan Perón), but I have the feeling that this might be a peaceful thread (until she dies), since she wanted to keep a low profile ever since she moved to Spain and now that Argentina's extradition requests were refused, she will probably stay out of the limelight. Do we have any recent-ish news about her health?

Also, I guess this thread might need to be renamed "Isabel Perón" (or "Isabel Peron") without the diminutive (-ita), cause that's the name most English speakers would search for, likely missing your thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GossipGabe said:

Well, we could say that she might be worth considering, since she is an interesting historic figure (both as president and as the last wife/vice-president of Juan Perón), but I have the feeling that this might be a peaceful thread (until she dies), since she wanted to keep a low profile ever since she moved to Spain and now that Argentina's extradition requests were refused, she will probably stay out of the limelight. Do we have any recent-ish news about her health?

Also, I guess this thread might need to be renamed "Isabel Perón" (or "Isabel Peron") without the diminutive (-ita), cause that's the name most English speakers would search for, likely missing your thread.

In February of that year she will turn 87. I've been looking for news about her on Spanish-language sites, some say that she has difficulty walking and that she just leaves the house to go to the doctor. We must also consider that in 2007 she suffered a fall from the stairs when she was to be questioned by the justice system because of the disappearance of an Argentine student in February 1976, a month before the coup organized by Jorge Rafael Videla.

She also suffers from osteoarthritis that affects her spine and hips, and that has already deformed her hands

https://www.infobae.com/politica/2017/03/28/recluida-en-su-casa-y-sin-vida-social-asi-vive-isabelita-en-espana/

Edited by Éricles Souza
She also suffers from osteoarthritis that affects her spine and hips, and that has already deformed her hands
  • Like 1

Two threads for the same person. I'd ask for a merge, please.

Edit: Thanks!