Death Star

Albert Hofmann

Mick Taylor quit the Stones cos he couldn't handle the fame/hard drugs, he probably did go a bit mental but hey, it was the '70s wasn't it?

And then he worked with Dylan on his "Infidels" album in '83

Dob Dylan is great, a very talented writer here is.

Yowsa, Banshees! Them's big words!

Can I be the only one to read in todays Daily Mail that the good Doctor has shuffled off - increasing this years successes by 100%

Guest Guest

...or perhaps I'm the only one that reads the Daily Mail.

it doesn't seem to be reported on the daily mail's website.

do you have any link or can you scan the newspaper article?

Hmm, it's not on their website, so are you sure it's this Albert Hofmann you're talking about?

Guest Guest

In the "Ephraim Hardcastle" column - page 15. "Famous for discovering the hallucinatory drug LSD, Dr Albert Hoffman (sic) has died aged 100..." The article includes various disgusting slurs about the sainted Cary Grant.

Not all of us have access to a copy of the Daily Mail with the exception of the online article

Just tried to scan this but didn't come out too well. This all seems a bit strange - wonder whether Ephraim got it right as he seems to be the only one to know

doen't seem to be anything reported on either reuters, BBC or CNN or even the Daily Mail's own website

still nothing has been reported in the main press, I'm inclined to suspect this was a hoax

still nothing has been reported in the main press, I'm inclined to suspect this was a hoax

Ephraim's trippin'.

Shame about that - time will tell...anyway, the rest of the article is far more interesting.

"Famous for discovering the hallucinatory drug LSD, Dr Albert Hoffman has died aged 100. It was his associate, psychiatrist, Dr Mortimer Hartman, who 'turned on' Cary Grant. An ex-girlfriend of Grant's, 1950's starlet Jacqueline Park, now tells me the Bristol-born actor took LSD thinking it might help overcome his 'shyness' with women and produce a child. Now approaching 80, Miss Park - who also had affairs with Henry Fonda and Ronald Reagan - recalls 'On our first date, he opened the door of his home wearing women's clothes and gold slippers. Later when we met at an LA hospital, where we were administered LSD by Hartman. We slept together but I didn't become pregnant. So Cary moved on and I married Mortimer Hartman. Kitty Kelley said in her book about Nancy Reagan that Ronnie asked me to have an abortion but I was never pregnant by him although we did have an affair while Nancy was pregnant his first child (Patti).'

Jackie Park's extraordinary life is the stuff of James Ellroy blockbusters".

What a gal! Sounds like an ideal candidate for next years list.

Ephraim's trippin'.

Perhaps he was reading this and his eyes became crossed!

The names Albert and Hoffman both appear in the first line but are nothing to do with the inventor of LSD.

I wonder if the person posing as a guest was my brother-in-law, we have Albert Hofmann listed in our private family dead pool and he took it upon himself to change it completely and put Abbie Hoffman who died in 1989

If it's a hoax, it's a poor one. Not even Wikipedia has the wrong information on it. :pop:

If it's a hoax, it's a poor one. Not even Wikipedia has the wrong information on it. ;)

I think that it is a hoax. I checked a good number of news websites and there is no mention of Albert Hoffman's death. :pop:

Famous for discovering the hallucinatory drug LSD, Dr Albert Hoffman has died aged 100

Well for one thing the surname is spelt incorrectly.

If he is trying to refer to the creator of LSD, he should have noticed that his surname is Hofmann (one f two n's )

Famous for discovering the hallucinatory drug LSD, Dr Albert Hoffman has died aged 100

Well for one thing the surname is spelt incorrectly.

If he is trying to refer to the creator of LSD, he should have noticed that his surname is Hofmann (one f two n's )

Yes, I'm constantly making that mistake on Wiki and being shocked that he died :pop:

Paul,

it's a very sore subject with me regarding the spelling as my brother-in-law not only took it upon himself to alter the identity of Dr Hofmann in one dead pool list, but also he tries to think of.. I quote his words "snappy one-liners" for a description of the people chosen. To which with Eric Sykes on one list of mine he put "Frank Bryce in the Harry Potter movies"

totally ignoring the fact that Eric Sykes has been a comedy scriptwriter for over 50 years and co-wrote many of the scripts for The Goon Show with Spike Milligan and was the star of his own tv show along with Hattie Jacques ;):lol::pop:

Guest I. Remember

...any 100 year old guy who's been married to the same woman forever and still remembers "tripping" fondly is OK with me!

:P

As a moderate user of lsd as well as other hallucinagens, I find it quite refreshing that hoffman is still alive and well. hopefully it bodes well for the extent of my existence.Dr. Albert Hofmann celebrated his 100th birthday on January 11th, 2006!100 yrs and still trippinX03.gif

Guest Ullern

Albert Hofmann is alive and well and lives near Basel, Switzerland, where he invented (1938) and later discovered the effects of (16./19. April 1943) LSD.

He'll live forever.

The weekend after Jan. 11th 2006 - his 100th birthday - a big Symposium was held in Basel, celebrating the event and dedicated to the scientific elucidation of the benefits of LSD.

Dr. Hofmann is an honourary doctor of three universities, has served on the Swiss Nobel-price comittee, and was head of research for natural medicines at Sandoz, now Novartis, pharmaceuticals until his retirement in 1971 (at 65) after over 40 years at Sandoz.

His autobiography "LSD - my problem child" has just (2006) been republished in English.

A good drug to invent would be (another, LSD being one) one which removes stupidities in humans. But the Bush-adm. would outlaw it at once, for fear of someone dosing them with it.

Love,

Smiles &

Delights

Ole Ullern

This thread is the place to discuss Albert Hofmann.

A)) Why? I never heaerd of him./

:angry: Why hast deathstar not pisted again agter two posts but is saird to be a moderatorr.?

C)Are you happery I finly o[=ened this thread and topic?

D) Is Albert related to the winfderful Abbie Hoffman?

This thread is the place to discuss Albert Hofmann.

A)) Why? I never heaerd of him./

:angry: Why hast deathstar not pisted again agter two posts but is saird to be a moderatorr.?

C)Are you happery I finly o[=ened this thread and topic?

D) Is Albert related to the winfderful Abbie Hoffman?

Well....

A) He's old and famous.

:P What?

C) What?

D) Who?