Death Star

Albert Hofmann

well im sure if the man does die its not like anyone will miss him i bet most the people that use lsd dont even know who discovered it....

well im sure if the man does die its not like anyone will miss him i bet most the people that use lsd dont even know who discovered it....

I'm not so sure about that. I've talked to druggies who don't know who Quentin Tarantino is but who can give you the name Albert Hoffman if you ask them :rip:

When does he celebrate his 100th birthday?

I'm guessing when he's reached that milestone he'll probably give up on living.

Well actually there's a big bash on for Albert's 100th

Symposium

Tickets are like gold dust for that one I can assure you :o

When does he celebrate his 100th birthday?

I'm guessing when he's reached that milestone he'll probably give up on living.

Well actually there's a big bash on for Albert's 100th

Symposium

Tickets are like gold dust for that one I can assure you :D

Who needs to buy a ticket? Maybe we can just all take some LSD and spend the day Deathlisting?

If nothing else, I'd imagine there'd be a fun bit of discussion around Banshees, Tempus and Windsor. :o

Who needs to buy a ticket? Maybe we can just all take some LSD and spend the day Deathlisting?

Frankly I thought half the people around here did that anyway :o

Albert Hofman ponders his 100th birthday for the New York Times.
When asked if the drug had deepened his understanding of death, he appeared mildly startled and said no. "I go back to where I came from, to where I was before I was born, that's all," he said.

100yrs young today. Maybe taking drugs is the key to longevity :dead:

If that's the case, I added about four weeks onto my life last night.

Thanks so much Albert, for all you've given to humanity. The insight, the beauty, the creativity and the love.

Thanks so much Albert, for all you've given to humanity. The insight, the beauty, the creativity and the love.

Yes, this is the appropriate thread for such comments.

I've never done acid, even though I've done most popular illicit drugs. The thought of tinkering with my already disturbed mind is not very tempting. Mebby I bought into the scare stories too much.

regards,

Hein

Albert Hoffman ponders his 100th birthday for the New York Times.
"It's very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature," he said [...] "In the big cities, there are people who have never seen living nature, all things are products of humans," he said. "The bigger the town, the less they see and understand nature."

...bemoans the man who invented an artifical drug which superceded natural drugs such as marijuana.

Albert Hoffman ponders his 100th birthday for the New York Times.
"It's very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature," he said [...] "In the big cities, there are people who have never seen living nature, all things are products of humans," he said. "The bigger the town, the less they see and understand nature."

...bemoans the man who invented an artifical drug which superceded natural drugs such as marijuana.

Marijuana is a great drug, comes in many forms, Reg, Purple Haze, Strawberry Haze, Banana Haze, Orange Haze, Many other fruit names, KB, Mids, Dro, Hydro,

Sour Diesel, White Rhyno, White Widow, Fire, and many others.

100yrs young today. Maybe taking drugs is the key to longevity

It hasn't failed the Rolling Stones.

Many happy returns mr Hoffman, you made the world a more colourful place

Only Brian Jones :lol:

Only Brian Jones

:flame: har har, well i suppose.

It may well have been going swimming under the influence ..... or was it MURDER??!! :lol:

I think it's because someone said there was Pooh in the pool

Didn't do Mick Taylor much good either, I don't think... didn't he end up in a loony bin for a while after his brief association with the Stones? As far as I can remember this was down to dallying with drugs such as LSD.

Brinsworth,

Mick Taylor is still going, he's touring solo at the moment. Although he hasn't done much since 2000

There is no evidence Brian Jones was intoxicated with anything at the time of his death. He drowned in a swimming pool which with many rumors there were

a fight of some kind or maybe just a simple asthma attack.

I knew he was still alive (surprised to learn he's still touring though), but I just thought I remembered him being in a loony bin after he left the band.

I must be thinking of someone else.

Didn't do Mick Taylor much good either, I don't think... didn't he end up in a loony bin for a while after his brief association with the Stones? As far as I can remember this was down to dallying with drugs such as LSD.

Mick Taylor quit the Stones cos he couldn't handle the fame/hard drugs, he probably did go a bit mental but hey, it was the '70s wasn't it?

'If you didn't go mental on hard-drugs, then you weren't there'

Mick Taylor quit the Stones cos he couldn't handle the fame/hard drugs, he probably did go a bit mental but hey, it was the '70s wasn't it?

And then he worked with Dylan on his "Infidels" album in '83

'If you didn't go mental on hard-drugs, then you weren't there'

Cheers, thanks for confirming that... thought I was going mental for a moment. :lol:

And then he worked with Dylan on his "Infidels" album in '83

Dob Dylan is great, a very talented writer here is.