Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesNZ

Estée Lauder

Guest JamesNZ

Estee Lauder, who over decades built a multi-million-dollar cosmetics empire with thousands of employees, has died at the age of 97.

Her son Leonard Lauder told the newspaper Lauder died of cardiopulmonary arrest.

She died Saturday at her home on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, The NY Times said.

Lets hope its more a case of Fashion Leader turned Trend Setter - well for our 46 other hopefuls that is....... :D

Oh, I like that DWB. Maybe Reaper will go with it. It's our holding headline for now :D

The only other headline I can think of is: "The fate of Estee Lauder".

I won't give up the day job.

DWB :D

Good work DWB - your first suggestion is the clincher for me

Sometimes these headlines aren't as easy to make up as it seems :D

You have to be careful not to dress things up too much though, no matter how tempting.

Not sure I get "The fate of Estee Lauder", but its just as well as we are going with the first.

I take it you linked to an Australian site to keep the southern hemisphere crowd happy DWB :D

Yeah, I linked to the Australian site to keep the Southerners sweet, and not because it was the first one I came across. Going back to the "The Fate of Estee Lauder" - whenever I think of Estee Lauder's name it was always in the advertising catchphrase "The Face of Estee Lauder". Let's leave it at that shall we - jokes can't be that funny if you have to explain the punchline. I did warn you I wasn't giving up the day job!

DWB :D

My vote for the headline would have been " Estee Lauder - not smelling so good now"

But I was busy

Not to split heirs or anything, and it's a pretty good deadline, but Estee Lauder was famous for cosmetics rather than clothes, so perhaps the line should have gone to the Queen's dress maker when he went last year (whoever the hell he was). My nomination would have been "Mascara of the Red Death", if plays on E A Poe short story titles aren't too obscure.

But I was out of town for the weekend, so this is all barn doors and horses anyway...

Guest Guest

Ok... waht the hell is this site bout? I'm tryin to find out the exect day that Estee Lauder died and i get this :lol:

Ok... waht the hell is this site bout?
DeathList (www.deathlist.net) is a carefully complied list of 50 celebrities chosen for their likelihood to die in the current calender year. The list is finalised before the start of the year and then we wait for them to drop.

The forum is an area for discussion of candidates who made it to the list, those that maybe should have been included and, of course, celebration of death successes.

I'm tryin to find out the exect day that Estee Lauder died and i get this :lol:

I'm glad that you have been able to find the information you have been looking for! ;)

Guest foff
Ok... waht the hell is this site bout?
DeathList (www.deathlist.net) is a carefully complied list of 50 celebrities chosen for their likelihood to die in the current calender year. The list is finalised before the start of the year and then we wait for them to drop.

The forum is an area for discussion of candidates who made it to the list, those that maybe should have been included and, of course, celebration of death successes.

I'm tryin to find out the exect day that Estee Lauder died and i get this :rip:

I'm glad that you have been able to find the information you have been looking for! :lol:

I agree with the last quote