Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Anybody put Dickie down as a DDP ?

ok ...its a cheap way of resurrecting him I know.... :unsure:

Here, I don't know, but overall, yes.

Article in the good old Daily Mail.

That's a bit radical Lardy. I mean, you've dragged this thread back on topic.

...and into themaninblack's database he goes!

Question....

Can 100,000 views be wrong?

Well shock f*****g horror!

A 1970s heart-throb looks like a 64 year old man in so, so health.

Thats because he IS a 64 year old man in so, so health!!

My Dad is nearly 67 and, guess what? He doesnt look like he did 30 to 35 years ago :party:

All the same, a somewhat depressing image of a man who was the King of situation comedy.

Well I dont think he looks too bad at all . Only a little frail with a slightly scraggy neck . Eyes seem focused and bright . Doubt if he gets much nowadays...but hey ...who does (and Im way younger than him :party: )

Richard O'Sullivan's former partner and co-star, Sally Thomsett, has given an interview to The Daily Mail about how fond she still is of the DL favourite.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/femail/artic...-The-House.html

It also mentions she went out with Eddie Kidd and Dai Llewellyn....that woman is a curse! :ph34r:

Richard O'Sullivan's former partner and co-star, Sally Thomsett, has given an interview to The Daily Mail about how fond she still is of the DL favourite.

It also mentions she went out with Eddie Kidd and Dai Llewellyn....that woman is a curse! :ph34r:

I noticed that too. I wonder what would happen if she got together with Gene Wilder?

It also mentions she went out with Eddie Kidd and Dai Llewellyn....that woman is a curse! ;)

I noticed that too. I wonder what would happen if she got together with Gene Wilder?

It would be an orgy of death... :ph34r:

Speaking of DL threads in cobwebs, as we have been.........

Anyone got any Dickie news?

I had a dream about Richard O'Sullivan last night. He was on a stage with 5 other pensioners, each sitting with their backs to the audience. I was backstage, and approached him to ask if he was Richard O'Sullivan. He said yes, then held my hand and told me how grateful he was that I was not acting all silly and 'giggly' like other fans had in the past. I told him I wasn't really a fan, just interested in his health. I then woke up.

So, after all of that, I have no actual news on the state of Richard O'Sullivan's health. : )

Interesting post if only because it suggests another Robin's Nest star - 85 year old Tony Britton - is still doing okay. He's Fern's dad, by the way.

Article in the good old Daily Mail.

That's a bit radical Lardy. I mean, you've dragged this thread back on topic.

looks ok for a man in his sixties who's had a huge stroke.

... However a quick walk past the rest-home, or whatever it is didn't reveal much.

Well unless you can see through walls, it wouldn't would it?

Have they stopped putting windows in rest homes then?

Went past there again a few days ago and still didn't see him.

And, yes i am so bored at work that I'm reading the first few pages of this thread over again.

... However a quick walk past the rest-home, or whatever it is didn't reveal much.

Well unless you can see through walls, it wouldn't would it?

Have they stopped putting windows in rest homes then?

Went past there again a few days ago and still didn't see him.

And, yes i am so bored at work that I'm reading the first few pages of this thread over again.

Never boring! After so much time its like an old friend. God bless R.O'S.

Surprisingly little news or even whispers about Dicky O lately, and I've been keeping my ear to the ground.

Which might be the problem, I suppose!

Regarding Susan Jameson's son that she put for adoption, the speculation is that Dickie O was the dad, though personally I think he looks more like Peter Egan. Could the shock see him off?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-rejection.html

Oh Mrs Wibbsey! :unsure:

Regarding Susan Jameson's son that she put for adoption, the speculation is that Dickie O was the dad, though personally I think he looks more like Peter Egan. Could the shock see him off?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-rejection.html

Goodness that takes me back. I can't remember much about Take Three Girls beyond the Pentangle theme music,

. He does look the spit of O'Sullivan.

Not exactly news but our man made a fleeting television appearance last night when Movies 4 Men showed Can you Keep it up for a Week. A 1975 high-concept charmer in which a woman promises to marry her bloke if he can hold a job for seven days. Cue endless mishaps, shameless double-entendres, nudge-nudge humour and Dickie O doing a turn for the money.

Remember when this was the DL's most popular thread? It still is if you look at the figures - all, if I recall it right, as a result of MPFC urging that it be kept in the limelight. It became a bit controversial at one point but I forget why. It certainly led to much fever around Brinsworth House and the Pooka's sojourn in the tree. It's made me wonder - do we have a best/worst of the deathlist thread? Or a deathlist nostalgia thread? I remember a while back when NAP and a few others were on about the good old days. It would be good to have some links to some of our favourite exchanges.