Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

hi Windsor

no....I haven't heard anything about him (other than whats already been posted here) . I was purely interested in what he was up to . I presume he is still at

Brinsworth ?

Since I was last a regular here , my work situation has taken a slight turn for the worst (so no SKY now...economies had to be made) . Therefore I cant watch him on GOLD like I used to......

Man About The House is currently being repeated on ITV3...

To be replaced by Man about the Hearse?

LOL.

As far as I can tell there's been no solid news since that photo story in the Daily Mail in 2009.(And I do remember how that story set this forum all aflutter).

Chances are that he'll be around for years to come.

I'm guessing a few of us regularly Google the man and trawl nowt. Nice to see our common room/favourite thread, bouncing back, mind!

Now if ANYONE has to be the successor to Dunn, surely Dick O must be it?

On the one hand Dickie O does seem to interest a lot of Deathlisters the way Clive Dunn did.

On the other hand, like Clive Dunn, his retirement does seem to be very quiet and it doesn't generate a lot of news.

On the one hand Dickie O does seem to interest a lot of Deathlisters the way Clive Dunn did.

On the other hand, like Clive Dunn, his retirement does seem to be very quiet and it doesn't generate a lot of news.

Aye, the long game AKA dead pooling for the discerning fan!

I agree, Dickie O is one for the old-school Deathlister.

What were we thinking? He had a birthday (68) a week ago and we ignored it.

Doubtless there was cholesterol rich cake consumed in Brinsworth House; go well Dickie!

I agree, Dickie O is one for the old-school Deathlister.

This is actually the reason I decided to pop back in... Nice what they've done with the place...

HOT NEWS!!!!

Just over six months ago someone posted the end of a lacklustre interview with Terry Wogan, first screened in 1989.

It's Dickie O comeback time, or summat:

Oh aye, and this thread will be ten years old in December!

I've been reading this thread and.......

No-one seems to have noticed or pointed out that Robin Tripp (name of his character in "Man About the House" and "Robin's Nest") could very easily be mis-spoken (especially if drunk) as Ribin Tropp.......

See, there's a Nazi connection in everything if you look hard enough.

In fact Dick was born almost exactly a year (minus a week) before a very much more famous Nazi committed suicide. Sigh, if only it he had been born a year later I could have even speculated about him being the reincarnation.....

No-one seems to have noticed or pointed out that Robin Tripp (name of his character in "Man About the House" and "Robin's Nest") could very easily be mis-spoken (especially if drunk) as Ribin Tropp.......

In fact Dick was born almost exactly a year (minus a week) before a very much more famous Nazi committed suicide. Sigh, if only it he had been born a year later I could have even speculated about him being the reincarnation.....

You make BS seem like Stephen Hawking.

Please leave Bruce Springsteen out of this. Fanx.

Never crossed my mind, Toastie.

It appears that I killed two birds with one stone, that could refer to Banshees or even bullshit.

Depending on yer mood.

I've been reading this thread and.......No-one seems to have noticed or pointed out that Robin Tripp (name of his character in "Man About the House" and "Robin's Nest") could very easily be mis-spoken (especially if drunk) as Ribin Tropp.......See, there's a Nazi connection in everything if you look hard enough.In fact Dick was born almost exactly a year (minus a week) before a very much more famous Nazi committed suicide. Sigh, if only it he had been born a year later I could have even speculated about him being the reincarnation.....

Never crossed my mind, Toastie.It appears that I killed two birds with one stone, that could refer to Banshees or even bullshit.Depending on yer mood.

So where are we with Dickie? This thread has gone rather quiet, I must say.

I'm guessing he is the sort of guy who has good days and bad days. None of which changes in any way the obvious trajectory that he still has many years to live. We just need word about major health issues to be certain to think about listing him for a real reason.

I think the problem is no-one was ever as good as getting info about him as BHB, and since the master-baiter left it's all gone a bit quiet.

I'm guessing he is the sort of guy who has good days and bad days. None of which changes in any way the obvious trajectory that he still has many years to live. We just need word about major health issues to be certain to think about listing him for a real reason.

Not necessarily. Here's another "early stroke sufferer":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tavener

I think the problem is no-one was ever as good as getting info about him as BHB, and since the master-baiter left it's all gone a bit quiet.

Dickie O's stroke was serious to the point of leaving him in need of sheltered accomodation several years ago, though. There hasn't been much evidence of improvement. He can walk, talk etc. but everything is in slow motion. So, he's clearly coming from much further back than Taverner was.

Dickie O's stroke was serious to the point of leaving him in need of sheltered accomodation several years ago, though. There hasn't been much evidence of improvement. He can walk, talk etc. but everything is in slow motion. So, he's clearly coming from much further back than Taverner was.

I think you probably misread. I wasn't saying "he'll be fine"...

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

Aye, cheers for the vote of confidence, or summat. Back in the day the copious posting on this thread was regarded as extreme by some, whilst others saw the thread as akin to our common room. Looking at the tonnage of posts on a few other threads these days, this one doesn't seem so outlandish now.

Just a thought: if someone started a thread about an individual and 12 years later you're still talking about his impending doom, it was a stupid fucking thread to begin with started by a damned fool who jumped the gun. Reminds me of the totally needless Angelina Jolie thread.

You should be chastising the person daily, not having actual discussion giving credence to the fool who posted the thread. Damn glorymongers, just want to start threads for no reason.

SC

There still are :)

• Like 1

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

Nice to visit the old common room - Dickie O' thread - once in a while.