Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

This seems to be a man whose ill health has either been exaggerated or is of such a low grade and lingering nature he will be retired and ill for longer than he was famous.

I can't mind how I found the forum. Someone famous dying in the summer of 2008. Looking it up, it might well have been when I was using google to try and find out who Randy Pausch was.

This was the first thread I found on this site. I had this "whatever happened to Richard O'Sullivan" moment, and while trying to search for news articles, this site came up in the search.

So two hours later...

"What did happen to Richard O'Sullivan then?"

*reads*

"I think he's living in Maryport..."

LIVING and MARYPORT in the same sentence - post of the fucking decade!!

• Like 3

I can't mind how I found the forum. Someone famous dying in the summer of 2008. Looking it up, it might well have been when I was using google to try and find out who Randy Pausch was.

This was the first thread I found on this site. I had this "whatever happened to Richard O'Sullivan" moment, and while trying to search for news articles, this site came up in the search.

So two hours later...

*reads*

I'd never heard of Maryport before this forum (as I've mentioned before, geography was never my strong point) but somehow over the last several years, I've built a picture of it in my mind. Sort of Royston Vasey crossed with one of those abandoned ghost towns you'd find in a zombie flick.

I apologise if I have made Maryport sound far more exciting than it is there. :lol:

• Like 1

So two hours later...

*reads*

I'd never heard of Maryport before this forum (as I've mentioned before, geography was never my strong point) but somehow over the last several years, I've built a picture of it in my mind. Sort of Royston Vasey crossed with one of those abandoned ghost towns you'd find in a zombie flick.

With the twist that it thinks it's Coronation Street.

There's a Sealife Centre and some redevelopment of the docks in recent years, mind. The odd (as in random and bewildered) tourist has been spotted there.

Seems as good a place to ask as any, well regarded poster of the past BHB is rumoured to have died some time ago. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I can neither confirm nor deny the passing of BHB.

If someone died and we weren't alerted by Facebook presumably their traffic hereabouts would dry up and nobody would know either way.

What evidence do we have BHB is no longer with us?

I did find out at one point that if I snuff it, my wife plans to mention it on this forum at some point. Hah.

Where did this theory even pick up about bhb dying.

I did find out at one point that if I snuff it, my wife plans to mention it on this forum at some point. Hah.

Make sure you tell her to post it in the correct thread. ;)

• Like 4

I try to rationalize death as the moment I become one with the great stream of time, and God's plan and all that. So death is basically the fulfillment of my duty. That's why I would definitely announce here if I was diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Do you know who BHB is?

• Like 1

Do you know who BHB is?

bransworth house baiter yes, he was mentioned on chat before when I asked have any users here died.

So two hours later...

*reads*

With the twist that it thinks it's Coronation Street.

There's a Sealife Centre and some redevelopment of the docks in recent years, mind. The odd (as in random and bewildered) tourist has been spotted there.

I posted this earlier on in Death Anniversary Thread; it included this link and the last line of which says "A 1954 Lowry painting of Maryport, in Cumbria, is expected to fetch up to £250,000 at Christie's on Friday".

Not this shite again...

Do you know who BHB is?

There are times when I smell a great big fuck off hairy rat.

As an aside, IIRC, when BHB said his farewells there was some sort of clue that it was somebody close to him who was dying, not BHB himself.

Edit: Didn't he used to have a website or fb page? Im sure I remember seeing him elsewhere on the WWW.

As an aside, IIRC, when BHB said his farewells there was some sort of clue that it was somebody close to him who was dying, not BHB himself.

Edit: Didn't he used to have a website or fb page? Im sure I remember seeing him elsewhere on the WWW.

I thought he'd had a couple of health scares himself.

Do you know who BHB is?

From memory - and I chatted with him via email for a while years ago - a close relative died and he turned away from DeathList.

Do you know who BHB is?

From memory - and I chatted with him via email for a while years ago - a close relative died and he turned away from DeathList.

Thanks Dr H, that makes sense.

Good to see you back.

Wondered if Zsa Zsa had the longest thread on the Deathlist for an individual. Apparently not, as 7 seconds of research suggests:

1. Richard O'Sullivan 2068 posts

2. Thatcher 1764

3. JImmy Savile 1230

4. Zsa Zsa Gabor 1107

Clearly ROS has probably notched up another ten posts while I type this, but she might catch Thatcher with a bit of effort, a few more hospital stays, etc. And people say we don't have a Deathlist mascot...

Ah, Dickie O...for many years that thread was our common room.

Incidentally, for you young 'uns out there - that thread will erupt again at some point because - apart from owt else - the man himself continues to breathe

Quite possibly, though there never seems to be much info on the chap in question.

Though apparently Brian Murphy still visits him.

Wondered if Zsa Zsa had the longest thread on the Deathlist for an individual. Apparently not, as 7 seconds of research suggests:

1. Richard O'Sullivan 2068 posts

2. Thatcher 1764

3. JImmy Savile 1230

4. Zsa Zsa Gabor 1107

Clearly ROS has probably notched up another ten posts while I type this, but she might catch Thatcher with a bit of effort, a few more hospital stays, etc. And people say we don't have a Deathlist mascot...

Ah, Dickie O...for many years that thread was our common room.

Incidentally, for you young 'uns out there - that thread will erupt again at some point because - apart from owt else - the man himself continues to breathe

Quite possibly, though there never seems to be much info on the chap in question.

Though apparently Brian Murphy still visits him.

That'll be 84 year old Brian Murphy who was well enough to do a turn in Casualty this year, then.

Have we finally stopped looking for the new Clive Dunn?

He'd probably still be in Summer Wine if it hadn't been axed.

I mean, it was long, long past its peak, but think of the form spotting opportunities it gave us for the aged Brit thespian world.

Brian also appeared in a short film this year alongside David Barry aka Frankie Abbott from Please Sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xfq8tj8_fw&feature=youtu.be

FFS, four semi-famous experienced thesps, been posted since August and I'm the 640th person to view it!

• Like 1

That was fairly enjoyable.