Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Guest Alan
once again you try and make out your superior by telling me (and others) to not waste our lives, but you use your life doing it. If you want to see real sadness look in the mirror. For the record, for all you know I coiuld be the chairman at natwest bank, so before you try and tell people you don't know they have no life, take a long look in the mirror, you won't be dissapointed, untill you figure out it's you.

Richard O Sullivan Forever!

I am far superior in written English. And Natwest is a crap bank.

That's what you think! However, if you were, you would know that in written English you never start a sentence with the word "and". :blink:

I think you'll find that sentences start with capital letter old chum. ;)

Thanks for the tip :)

I'd rather have Miss Scarlet, but I'll probably end up with Colonel Mustard

I'd rather have Miss Scarlet, but I'll probably end up with Colonel Mustard

...in the library with the lead piping.

once again you try and make out your superior by telling me (and others) to not waste our lives, but you use your life doing it. If you want to see real sadness look in the mirror. For the record, for all you know I coiuld be the chairman at natwest bank, so before you try and tell people you don't know they have no life, take a long look in the mirror, you won't be dissapointed, untill you figure out it's you.

That's what you think! However, if you were, you would know that in written English you never start a sentence with the word "and". :blink:

Nonsense.

It's perfectly all right to start a sentence with a conjunction.

But only if it's done deliberately and as part of a consistent and recognisable literary style.

Guest Alan

Nonsense.

But only if it's done deliberately and as part of a consistent and recognisable literary style.

That is , quite simply, incorrect. Thanks for sharing though.

Nonsense.

That is , quite simply, incorrect. Thanks for sharing though.

You are both correct. Or incorrect

"You must not start a sentence with a conjunction"

Whoever wrote that doesn't know much about English.

He probably meant "you may not". ie: One isn't allowed to.

What he is saying though is "you don't have to".

Which is of course absolutely true.

If anything is.

Guest Alan
"You must not start a sentence with a conjunction"

Whoever wrote that doesn't know much about English.

He probably meant "you may not". ie: One isn't allowed to.

What he is saying though is "you don't have to".

Which is of course absolutely true.

If anything is.

How true

This is surely some of the best ranter/member interplay we've had for ages.

I'm beginning to suspect that Alan is a plant, possibly a close friend in real life of Lady Die? They seem to have struck up such a remarkable rapport in such a short space of time, surely they aren't strangers. Such pedantry and bickering! I've witnessed the like only between couples who know each other intimately. :)

[cilla black]Could this be our first DeathList wedding? Better go buy a new hat.[/cilla black]

:blink:

I'm beginning to suspect that Alan is a plant, possibly a close friend in real life of Lady Die? They seem to have struck up such a remarkable rapport in such a short space of time, surely they aren't strangers. Such pedantry and bickering! I've witnessed the like only between couples who know each other intimately. :)

[cilla black]Could this be our first DeathList wedding? Better go buy a new hat.[/cilla black]

:blink:

Damn! My cover is blown. Alan & I have actually been married for 10 years.

So wind him up back.  Works a treat!

Can't be arsed.....

More like you can't wind us fans up cause you don't have a high enough IQ(neither does Baldie)

Why don't you piss off & join a Man About the House forum. I think you'd be much happier there.

:lol:

I think windsor could recommend a milliner.

Guest Richard O'Sullivans #1 Fan
Well I must also admit to a fondness for Richard O'Sullivan (Dickie O').

His child actor performances were rather good.

I also have a partiality for the "Man About the House" film version.

Right on!!

Guest Alan
So wind him up back.  Works a treat!

Can't be arsed.....

More like you can't wind us fans up cause you don't have a high enough IQ(neither does Baldie)

Why don't you piss off & join a Man About the House forum. I think you'd be much happier there.

Well done. Took you a few hours to think that up tho, still, carry on Lady Die and who knows, one day, you might be able to make a insulting comeback within the hour :lol:

Guest Mr. Tea
"Man About the House" film version.

A classic! :lol:

Guest Alan

I'm beginning to suspect that Alan is a plant, possibly a close friend in real life of Lady Die? They seem to have struck up such a remarkable rapport in such a short space of time, surely they aren't strangers. Such pedantry and bickering! I've witnessed the like only between couples who know each other intimately.  :lol: 

oh well, we tried to not to give it away

I'm beginning to suspect that Alan is a plant, possibly a close friend in real life of Lady Die? They seem to have struck up such a remarkable rapport in such a short space of time, surely they aren't strangers. Such pedantry and bickering! I've witnessed the like only between couples who know each other intimately.  ;) 

oh well, we tried to not to give it away

:lol:;);)

Richard O' Sullivan's sit com output is mediocre at best and it won't last. For starters it looks lame and dated today.

Man About the House: Young 'uns living together, non of them shag each other and there's no drugs in sight. Makes no sense in 2005.

Robin's Nest: In an era of attitude and celebrity chefs Robin is a throwback and - by today's standards - a loser who lacks sympathy with his audience.

Me and My Girl: So many single parents, divorcees etc now the whole concept lacks any novelty. Maybe if Richard's character was previously the girl's mother before having reassignment surgery....

Okay Richard supporting guests.....lobby channel chiefs, spark a revival on the main channels and prove me wrong.

Guest Richard O'Sullivan Appreciat
Richard O' Sullivan's sit com output is mediocre at best and it won't last. For starters it looks lame and dated today.

Man About the House: Young 'uns living together, non of them shag each other and there's no drugs in sight. Makes no sense in 2005.

Robin's Nest: In an era of attitude and celebrity chefs Robin is a throwback and - by today's standards - a loser who lacks sympathy with his audience.

Me and My Girl: So many single parents, divorcees etc now the whole concept lacks any novelty. Maybe if Richard's character was previously the girl's mother before having reassignment surgery....

Okay Richard supporting guests.....lobby channel chiefs, spark a revival on the main channels and prove me wrong.

Yet another sheep whos follows what he's told/shown by the main media. Get a clue. There is a world outside the bubble. O Sullivans shows have already lasted, there is no need to prove they will, cause they have. Too bad for you.

Guest Ronny Barka

Dickie O is the king of comedy

Yet another sheep whos follows what he's told/shown by the main media. Get a clue. There is a world outside the bubble. O Sullivans shows have already lasted, there is no need to prove they will, cause they have. Too bad for you.

The fact I can string arguments together - not nicked from other places - suggests I'm no sheep. The way you've pitched this accusation at a Cumbrian suggests you don't know a damn thing about sheep anyway. As for the way the shows have 'lasted' wake up and smell the coffee! They've lasted the way cheesy seventies pop records have lasted, in margins of the ever expanding media aimed at niche markets. Nothing 'lasts' on UK Gold, it simply gets rehashed in return for a pittance and pumped out to the same people who watched it thirty years before.

Who - exactly - did Richard O Sullivan inspire? Apart from the assembled hordes on here who're getting an ironic enjoyment of the man's demise?

Guest Maggie Loves Richard O'Sulli

The fact I can string arguments together - not nicked from other places - suggests I'm no sheep. The way you've pitched this accusation at a Cumbrian suggests you don't know a damn thing about sheep anyway. As for the way the shows have 'lasted' wake up and smell the coffee! They've lasted the way cheesy seventies pop records have lasted, in margins of the ever expanding media aimed at niche markets. Nothing 'lasts' on UK Gold, it simply gets rehashed in return for a pittance and pumped out to the same people who watched it thirty years before.

Who - exactly - did Richard O Sullivan inspire? Apart from the assembled hordes on here who're getting an ironic enjoyment of the man's demise?

If anyone needs to come to reality it's you. Things DO last on "UK Gold", it's not just the same people who watched the shows first time round, it's also a much younger audience watching too - and who can blame them with the plop that is made today? Gimme Ted Rogers and his sidekick Dusty Bin over Ant and Dec anyday! Gimme "allo allo" over "the office" and give me Richard O'Sullivan over Peter Kay! and Tony Hancock over Paul Merton!

Dickie O has inspired all the great comedy actors of our time, the rest, who have little knowlege of him (i.e Ant and Dec) are rubbish!