Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Cheers Toke, I knew this thread started with someone in mind.

Does seem to take some interesting detours though.

Hi, just read this whole thread in one sitting (yeah, I know, I really must get a job) & haven't laughed so much in ages.

I actually got here after looking Mister Sullivan up on Google & you'll be glad to know that you're still the first result. The reason I looked him up on Google was just to see what the old chap is doing now, as this is a morbid fascination of mine- seeing what old, forgotten celebrities are doing now & whether they're about to crawl out onto some reality celebrity format.

Anyway, found out more about what he's doing now on this thread than on the rest of the web- even his current address & the knowledge that his autograph goes for a tenner a time on e-bay, so by putting two and two together I could make twenty.

I wish Mister Sullivan well (like he gives a crap about me) but would like to state that I only watch the MATH re-runs because Sally Thomsett (Jo, the blonde one) gives me the raging horn.

Thank you for letting me drive by.

Danni,

Wait, get joined. Apart from that suspect last par you sound like a deathlister in the making. People will take the piss a bit but that's OK. There's all sorts here. Know anything about Mollie Sugden?

Well, after a sincere invite like that, I thought to myself, why not?

So here I am, all joined up & my first mission as Death Lister will be to write to Brinsworth House and see if I can get Dickie O's autograph.

I'll let you know how I get on.

P.s. Why was my last paragraph suspect? She does give me the horn!

Maybe it was because I was remembering her like this:

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/Photos/P20397...5X5002339496717

Ah, point taken, lol.

By the way, posted my request to Brinsworth House for Dicky O's autograph today, so might have news regarding the star of the thread soon.

Get that autograph - if and when it arrives - on e-bay, you might be looking at....oh, ten quid!

why did anyone have to mention Tessa Wyatt???

Now I'll have to go through the whole day with a cushion on my lap :lol::rolleyes:

Look at this! A bargain at 99p.

Four days to go on that auction it might go up to.....oh...three quid, and don't forget the extortionate £2-50 postage!

Lady Die, let me know if youre not gonna bid cos id like that for my collection. Thats the only one im missing ! <_<

Guest Guest

i contributed to this post MONTHS ago and had no idea it would still be going!

for the record, RO'S is convalescing at BH due to a severe stroke - not due to depression or alcoholism as intimated previously.

i contributed to this post MONTHS ago and had no idea it would still be going!

You under-estimated the staying power and creative invention of the Deathlist.

Lady Die, let me know if youre not gonna bid cos id like that for my collection. Thats the only one im missing ! <_<

You're very welcome. I have that one already. :D

is it just me, or do those two Dick Turpin dudes look a lot like Sam and Merry (or is it Pippin?) from the Lord of the Rings films?

dickturpin81.jpg

First stirrings of "hmm, he's nice" were probably Mike Holoway of Flintlock/Tomorrow People fame or Bobby Crush, who was really really cute when he was younger.

Oooh Mike Holoway. I remember him ... very nice.

Here he is in 2004 and before

for the record, RO'S is convalescing at BH due to a severe stroke - not due to depression or alcoholism as intimated previously

How come no one has commented on this ????

DONT GO DICKIE.....(well...not yet anyway...)

why did anyone have to mention Tessa Wyatt???

Now I'll have to go through the whole day with a cushion on my lap

Like you, Phantom, I once carried a torch for Tessa. I only came to DL after googling wistfully for Wyatt. DL seems to be the only place you can find any current mention of her. So its thanks to this thread for keeping her memory going. So sorry guys this thread must go on like an eternal flame (eyes moisten)

As a sitcom Brinsworth House has great potential. Charlie Drake, Fluff Freeman, R.O'S.... bung in some double entendres, bladder gags and gales of canned laughter, how could it fail? It works at so many levels from trite com to black humour. Does anyone have the number of Charlie Drake's agent?

Guest Toke Deltorso
Does anyone have the number of Charlie Drake's agent?

Just ring 666 he'll get back to you. :dead:

666? Surely not. His boomerang is still coming back as far as I am aware.

Do you think when this thread gets to 666 posts it'll - like - turn to flames before our eyes or something.

Do you think when this thread gets to 666 posts it'll - like - turn to flames before our eyes or something.

Anything's a possibility in the dark world of Dicky O.

I have a great deal of affection for this thread, as I grew up watching Richard as a kid & this thread was how I stumbled across DL, so I hope it runs forever & sets all kinds of new records.

Update on the autograph request:

It's been 2 days & I still haven't heard anything from the great man yet. Early days yet though- I have every confidence my quest will bear fruit.

after googling wistfully for Wyatt

Hmm shouldn't that be wristfully :)

Tessa was a fleeting fantasy as well as Hayley Mills and then Lysette Anthony :rip:

Her finest hour being "Three Up, Two Down" with Michael Elphick and Angela Thorne - used to distract me from my homework no end, that program!

It's Friday, it's almost ten o' clock and I haven't posted a gratuitious insult in Dickie O's direction yet.

He's crap!

Ah, that's better, I feel a good day comin' on.

Fourhorsemen,

I remember "Three Up, Two Down", I used to love watching that show.

There was that show and also "No Place Like Home" which was on regularly in our house

There was that show and also "No Place Like Home" which was on regularly in our house

I recall the end credits always used to feature the voiceover

"William Gaunt is currently appearing in 'When Did You Last See Your Trousers' at the Lyric Theatre, London"

Do they still do that sort of thing I wonder?

Anubis,

I remember when they would do that too, I've not noticed it in recent years, although I think it depends on the announcer on BBC.

Then again I've been out of the UK for almost 2 years now and any UK shows I have to catch during their "Best of British Comedy" slot on PBS between 10-11pm

Come to think of it... is Ray Cooney still alive? the creator of the British farce play.

with great titles like "No sex please, we're British" and "Run for your wife"

after googling wistfully for Wyatt

Hmm shouldn't that be wristfully :D

Tessa was a fleeting fantasy as well as Hayley Mills and then Lysette Anthony :D

Wow, Lysette.......... I always fancied her. :electr2: