Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

50,000 + views, Rock on Richard's thread.

Yeah, he was adored in an unchallenging sort of way, more or less the way in which people like a favourite cushion or digestive biscuits.

Ah Pooka...

So pleased to see you still keeping the faith....

So, whilst I was undercover so many things have changed...just being here now might earn a black mark, lol....

Undercover....Well...Dickie O' has told me that this is keeping him jolly and he's laughing at Windsor/Tf and suchlike, whom celebrated this post breaking the 1000 mark whilst knocking its sincerity/worth...lol...

Maryport...How're Carslisle doing? (sic... it's St.Patrick's DSay so who cares?) Up the Villa! What FA Cup?

Godot & Doctor Hacky and aoll the other friends made on here...had a baby girl....she's a star, but not worthy of any list yet...

So...ya deathlisting prudes, ya'll missed me or what?

Pooka.... still no info re. Tessa, I'm sorry to report....

Brinsworth!! Congratulations for reproducing. May I suggest Tessa as a fine name for a young woman.

Times have been hard on this thread. A few dissidents have kept the flame burning........ but we lead a shadowy existence, posting at night, organising ourselves using codes and acrostics, living on the edge, waiting ..........

One day Dickie will emerge from Brinsworth to lead a posse of light entertainers of yesteryear into a new era of middle-brow mirth........ and guess who'll be getting the complimentary tickets.

Maryport...How're Carslisle doing? (sic... it's St.Patrick's DSay so who cares

Thanks for your interest, 8 goals in the last two games without reply, all away from home, clear at the top of the league with the best goal difference, the leading scorer and the highest number of goals scored.

Aye, we're alright, us.

This, I believe, is what some people might class as a first class example of being a post whore, whilst others would consider it as paying homage to a sitcom legend.

Opinion. Funny thing.

And possibly funnier than an episode of Robin's Nest.

One day Dickie will emerge from Brinsworth to lead a posse of light entertainers of yesteryear into a new era of middle-brow mirth........ and guess who'll be getting the complimentary tickets.

Sounds more like a plot line for Sean of the Dead II

Sounds more like a plot line for Sean of the Dead II

You're probably right. Dickie would be leading a troup that contains Charlie Drake and Fluff Freeman. Terrifying and ridiculous at the same time.

This, I believe, is what some people might class as a first class example of being a post whore, whilst others would consider it as paying homage to a sitcom legend.

Opinion. Funny thing.

That subject sir, is quite dead. There is to be no more mention of post-whoring, post-Nazism or post-quality.

Post-mortem is another thing altogether...

Just doing my part to serve Lord Cthulhu

Opinion. Funny thing.

That subject sir, is quite dead. There is to be no more mention of post-whoring, post-Nazism or post-quality.

In that case, a dedicated memorial thread is indicated, sir. :D

Opinion. Funny thing.

But what if, as did happen in my original post to which you are referring, a legitimate subject unwittingly mixes with an illegitimate subject? A postal eclipse, if you will.

Will the original, legitimate post then become shunned by decent society & scorned on Sundays by the village preacher? Will the community cross the street, whispering behind their hands when it approaches?

And what, pray, of the illegitimate post which has sparked this contoversy? Placed in the stocks & pelted with rotten vegetables? Locked away with minor, cross-bred & insane members of the Royal Family, such as Marjorie?

I feel this is a pertinent question born from confusing times & the fact that I've got some really, really good sh*t at the moment. :D

I've got some really, really good sh*t at the moment.

:D:o

I feel this is a pertinent question born from confusing times & the fact that I've got some really, really good sh*t at the moment. :rolleyes:

That's fatherhood for you. I should imagine it's still at the 'mustard' stage... happy days.

I feel this is a pertinent question born from confusing times & the fact that I've got some really, really good sh*t at the moment. :)

That's fatherhood for you. I should imagine it's still at the 'mustard' stage... happy days.

:):o:rolleyes::);):D:D

I think I win 1st prize for stupidity by just having read this entire thread in one go...

Tails off a little after the first 20 or so pages as far as I remember, but strangely addictive in a car-crash TV type of way.

Just thought I'd get a look and a post on here before the thread finally gets locked for good.

Dicky O is rubbish though.

Apologies for bringing it back to the top of the View New Posts lists without even offering any witty or relevant comments on the man, but am (strangely) feeling emotionally drained after the marathon read, and briefly needed to share my pain with you all. Thanks.

:lol:

I think I win 1st prize for stupidity by just having read this entire thread in one go...

Tails off a little after the first 20 or so pages as far as I remember, but strangely addictive in a car-crash TV type of way.

Just thought I'd get a look and a post on here before the thread finally gets locked for good.

Dicky O is rubbish though.

Apologies for bringing it back to the top of the View New Posts lists without even offering any witty or relevant comments on the man, but am (strangely) feeling emotionally drained after the marathon read, and briefly needed to share my pain with you all. Thanks.

:lol:

Sterling work, TLC. An Iain thong will be on its way to you shortly.

Reading this thread all the way through was how I originally came to be here...I posted as a guest & was invited to join by a gentleman called Godot. Like buying my three litre Capri in the nineties, joining this forum became one of the best decisions of my life.

Slightly disappointed that you chose to taint your post with slurs against the Dicky demi-god, but your marathon read is also your redemption.

Just out of interest, how long did it take you?

Lots of clips of Richard O and Sally Thomsett on "That Was The Decade That Was" on Channel 5 last night.

:) Hello all,

I found this site by chance a few days ago, and have just finished reading all 80 pages, but sadly do not have the stamina of TLC as I did over 3 days. Unfortunately the organisation I work for has blocked access to this site, otherwise that would have sorted Friday's output.

Dickie O is a God. I remember watching him in Doctor in the House as Bingham years ago.......

Illness forces Tonga’s King to cut short his first public appearance

The king was scheduled to tour and inspect the new hospital wing, but he left straight after he made his speech looking very uncomfortable and in pain. During the ceremony he was constantly being massaged by his bodyguard and attendants, who looked seriously concerned about the king's condition.

:) Hello all,

I found this site by chance a few days ago, and have just finished reading all 80 pages, but sadly do not have the stamina of TLC as I did over 3 days. Unfortunately the organisation I work for has blocked access to this site, otherwise that would have sorted Friday's output.

Dickie O is a God. I remember watching him in Doctor in the House as Bingham years ago.......

Damn the NHS

Sterling work, TLC. An Iain thong will be on its way to you shortly.

Reading this thread all the way through was how I originally came to be here...I posted as a guest & was invited to join by a gentleman called Godot. Like buying my three litre Capri in the nineties, joining this forum became one of the best decisions of my life.

Slightly disappointed that you chose to taint your post with slurs against the Dicky demi-god, but your marathon read is also your redemption.

Just out of interest, how long did it take you?

Yes, I recall your guest post that resulted in you staying. Back when this thread was young & fresh etc.

I've done the complete opposite to you as the size of this thread put me off viewing it at all until Friday, as I generally like to read a whole thread before posting on it, it helps avoid repeating what everyone else said 10 pages before.

Look forward to the Iain thong, I will replace my Brian Cant avatar as soon as I have prepared a 'tasteful' photo of myself wearing it. :D

Glad I redeemed myself regarding my outrageous Dicky slur, but to answer your last question, I had just spent about 5 hours reading all about him and it was the only thing I could think of that was vaguely topic related, not my most eloquent post ever... That's the dedication my job gets these days since we've gone into administration! I did quite like Dick Turpin as a kid though, on reflection.

I know there was a sidekick called Swift Nick, but was the chap always trying to catch Dicky T called Spikings or something like that? I can't believe I care, look what you've made me into; curse you all! :P

ps my mate just returned my car to me with the words, "the stereo kept making a buzzing noise so I took the front panel off" and handed it to me. The front panel isn't detachable. :) It's the only car stereo I've ever had that works too. The word 'Alpine' is even involved somewhere & is was worth more than the car i.e. about £200!

Glad I've also got some very good sh*t at the moment, and not the baby variety. :old: I'm about to indulge, so posting quality may be inversely proportionate to the quality & quantity of smoking material consumed today! :party: Oh well....

TLC, it's also possible that an appreciation of all things Dickie O is directly related to the amount and strength of said smoking mixture, kinda the same way an appreciation of Mars bars and other shitty/sugary snacks is linked to decent weed.

Oh aye, and since you asked, or were about to, Carlisle are three points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand, most goals scored of any team, league's leading scorer in our squad etc. If we win tonight we're guaranteed six points clear because none of the promotion rivals are playing and we're at the Millennium Stadium in a final on Sunday.

umm....3 days since a Dickie post....what is the world coming to ?

the more that things change, eh? haven't looked at the list for ages, and find we're still all talking complete crap about dicky, except for that appalling person who actually put someFACTS in there! still, nice to see that the old boy is feeling chipper. rather negates the point of this thread, though. (there's a POINT?)

just a few random thoughts about some of the other stuff mentioned - leslie crowther and dickei henderson did flanagan and allen impressions, but didn't bernie winters take the place of henderson in a play about f&a that appeared on itv, early eighties? speaking of old relics, orient have started scoring, but the supremacy of carlisle (apart from today's result) will ensure we can only make the playoffs - i bow to the goal machine that is karl hawley.

light ent is a funny business. today's funny is tomorrows 'eh?'. having seen some REAL dross lately (love thy neighbour, on the buses, are you being served, even - god help me - a recording of robin askwith's bottle boys that was purely for research and was frankly too painful for words) it strikes me that we are sometimes too harsh on the likes of dickie - he may not have been great, but he's still FAR less embarrassing to watch now than much of the seventies and eighties. it's a kind of testament to the human spirit that a tenth rate comic actor made enough of an impression on a generation to both be remembered and to be a catalyst for reminsience about others who are either dead or pretty damn' close. and those idiots who still put their heads round the door to snipe really need to get a life - we're on this thread because we enjoy it, no matter how trivial it is. they're here and don't like it... draw your own conclusion.

finally, two thoughts. one: never trust a producer who turns up to a vital meeting late, and with his face covered in carpet burns. two: no mention of it anywhere on the list or forums i could see, but nikki sudden passed away last weekend at 49. a minor talent singer-songwriter in essence, he was important becasue when he was in the swell maps nearly everyone who bought one of their records went out and made a record of their own, and the whole lo-fi/diy thing is in part down to him. knew him for over 20 years, and he'll be missed.

oh, and laura palmer ain't nowhere near as cool as mr king, pooka...

umm....3 days since a Dickie post....what is the world coming to ?

I think the Richard O'Sullivan thread is coming to an end.

no mention of it anywhere on the list or forums i could see, but nikki sudden passed away last weekend at 49. a minor talent singer-songwriter in essence, he was important becasue when he was in the swell maps nearly everyone who bought one of their records went out and made a record of their own, and the whole lo-fi/diy thing is in part down to him. knew him for over 20 years, and he'll be missed.

Would that be this Nikki Sudden Pulphack?

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2825

i bow to the goal machine that is karl hawley

When such erudite wisdom appears on this thread I don't understand why anyone thinks the posts irrelevent or pointless.