Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

QUOTE(maryportfuncity @ Oct 1 2006, 01:39 PM)

If yer man is looking for a sedate return to action I think a radio play, where he sits and reads his script, would be ideal.

My man? I wish....and it's The Pooka who is suggesting a "sedate" return to "action"- surely a contradiction in terms?

A radio play would be a sedate return. As would a chat show appearance. In recent years the poor fellow has done little more active than lob the occasional pickled onion at Charlie Drake (before a round of Horlicks and off to bed at 6).

QUOTE(maryportfuncity @ Oct 1 2006, 01:39 PM)

If yer man is looking for a sedate return to action I think a radio play, where he sits and reads his script, would be ideal.

My man? I wish....and it's The Pooka who is suggesting a "sedate" return to "action"- surely a contradiction in terms?

A radio play would be a sedate return. As would a chat show appearance. In recent years the poor fellow has done little more active than lob the occasional pickled onion at Charlie Drake (before a round of Horlicks and off to bed at 6).

You are too cruel, Pooka....as I understand it, as of about six weeks ago, he was showing little sign of debility, so perhaps something a little more strenuous than reading lines might be in order....and 62 is hardly old...I wouldn't be writing him off just yet...so, who's up for writing the script, or do I have to do everything myself?

Pooka man, you've got it. Channel 5 will lap up 'Pickle Pint-Sized Charlie' in which fading celebs and those who barely made it in the first place are given twenty pickled onions. Charlie has to recite lines from serious drama - thereby getting the chance to prove he's a serious actor, something he's supposed to constantly remind his fellow residents. Once a celeb has correctly identified the play, scene and character of Drake's speech s/he gets to fire off a brace of onions. The winner is the one who hits Charlie most in a single show.

Dickie O - laconic and lovely - will be host to the whole shebang, with Lady C keeping score and draping herself around him as the credits roll at the end.

It's a winner I tell you!

Pooka man, you've got it. Channel 5 will lap up 'Pickle Pint-Sized Charlie' in which fading celebs and those who barely made it in the first place are given twenty pickled onions. Charlie has to recite lines from serious drama - thereby getting the chance to prove he's a serious actor, something he's supposed to constantly remind his fellow residents. Once a celeb has correctly identified the play, scene and character of Drake's speech s/he gets to fire off a brace of onions. The winner is the one who hits Charlie most in a single show.

Dickie O - laconic and lovely - will be host to the whole shebang, with Lady C keeping score and draping herself around him as the credits roll at the end.

I'm not actually into humiliating retired actors, so I would have to pass, even though it would mean not being able to touch my hero...so, thanks, but no thanks...

..... and they need never leave Brinsworth. Its certainly a winning idea. And classier than many recent game shows.

If it fails we could slightly modify it so that a group of strongmen visit BH and compete to throw Charlie over the Brinsworth roof. We could still keep the bit where he recites a medley from the plays of Becket etc.

Clarissa's shenanigans might just push us beyond the watershed but who knows there's precious little on at 9 pm these days.

There could be mileage in giving somewhere like Brinsworth House the TV treatment. I can't recall a sitcom about an old folks home. It could be like Faulty Towers with bed baths.

There could be mileage in giving somewhere like Brinsworth House the TV treatment. I can't recall a sitcom about an old folks home. It could be like Faulty Towers with bed baths.

Are you from Barcelona?

Simply letting the cameras loose in the place isn't so far fetched. Hell, Channel 5 plan to screen live childbirth next week, including a 'natural' drug-free jobbie.

One of the most hideous things you can see on film is childbirth played backwards, just thought I'd mention that.

One of the most hideous things you can see on film is childbirth played backwards, just thought I'd mention that.

I thought it was GangBangers #23: Lizzie Bolden gets nasty.

I'll bow to yer greater knowledge in this area Tempus.

Go well.

I'll bow to yer greater knowledge in this area Tempus.

Go well.

No it didn't go well, good job I had a bucket nearby, the vomit was copious.

BORED NOW.

Comment est-ce qu'une belle femme telle que toi obtient ainsi était ennuyeuse ?

[Moderator's edit: "I'm French and I surrender a lot". - TH]

BORED NOW.

Comment est-ce qu'une belle femme telle que toi obtient ainsi était ennuyeuse ?

[Moderator's edit: "I'm French and I surrender a lot". - TH]

FYI, I learned French for five years, so don't even try that!

"Learned" it as opposed to studying it? I used to work for Comex and only bothered out of boredom. Still can't write in French, though.

"Learned" it as opposed to studying it? I used to work for Comex and only bothered out of boredom. Still can't write in French, though.

Sorry, TH, my bad again - I have to try and remember to speak "American"; you would say "studied", and we would say "learned" (or learnt), but it is the same thing...my "American" is becoming a bit rusty due to the fact that I watch many more British TV shows and movies than American ones...French is great, but learning it and putting it into practice is another thing - when in France I had great difficulty understanding the locals because they speak very fast, and vice versa, so in the end it was a case of saying, "bugger this for a joke", and reverting to English...

Mr. O'Sullivan,

I tried really hard to raise this thread to something above it's original purpose, something which may have been worthy of you. It seems that despite my best efforts, I have failed. Please don't hold this against me. Perhaps your family and friends will be happy to see that this has finally come to an end. Perhaps you yourself will also feel somewhat relieved, although I am certain that noone here meant any harm or had any intention of invading your privacy. While respect maybe somewhat lacking in this place, I am sure there is some genuine affection for you, even if most of it came from me. While I may never realise my dream of meeting you, I continue to pray for your health, safety and happiness.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Your most devoted servant, sir

Clarissa Richmond, Lady Rohan.

C'mon, yer talking like this thread - now within touching distance of 75,000 hits - is over. I mean, we've achieved all this and he isn't even dangerously ill yet.

I'd like to suggest that after posting people wait for someone else to post in a thread before posting again. Reading someone effectively talking to themselves is a bore, and makes the mulitple poster look like an attention whore.

I'd like to suggest that after posting people wait for someone else to post in a thread before posting again. Reading someone effectively talking to themselves is a bore, and makes the mulitple poster look like an attention whore.

Hear hear! After seeing some people post repeated inane comments, mostly answering themselves, this is something I have been thinking of suggesting. Can it be enforced by the forum software? What is to stop the offender from just editing their original post to add all the crap there instead?

75,000 + hits, Dickie O kicks popes and kings into touch. What a man!

75,000 + hits, Dickie O kicks popes and kings into touch. What a man!

or summat.

Hear hear! After seeing some people post repeated inane comments, mostly answering themselves, this is something I have been thinking of suggesting. Can it be enforced by the forum software? What is to stop the offender from just editing their original post to add all the crap there instead?

And may I suggest that you take your collective suggestions and .....them.......!!

<_<