Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

My dear friend, why put yourself down so? You are no dog. You are beauty - you are perfection- you are...magnificent!

How long can you keep it up (no sexual innuendo intended) before it makes you throw up, all these compliments must be choking you, to say the least.....

In my experience, leopards do not change their spots....unless of course you had an epiphany???

My eyes have been opened to your inner beauty. You are one of a kind - in a class of your own if you will. Like me you swim against the current and don't give a damn at what the others think.

It must be love...love...love...

At your age, it's only lust lust lust....

it's been a while since I did a 22 year old, but I remember how good it was....so what are you doing for Christmas??

You've got to admit it, you asked for that one...

Are you suggesting we meet up over christmas? What a splendid idea! Can't wait eh - you dirty minx you! You won't be dissappointed my precious.

Is your passport in order?

I thought perhaps Rome - my favourite city for making love....

Why will I need my passport?

You are more desperate than me. It's only fair you come to Scotland.

Ahhh, reverting to form, that's my boy!

The "treat em mean, keep em keen" approach usually works much better than the flowery compliments...

Here's the thing - Scotland is way too cold at this time of year....

If you want me, come get me, big boy....

Will you come if I throw in a packet of Jaffa Cakes for your trouble?

Throw in a bottle of Dom Perignon and I'll think about it....

Oops, sorry, did I just wander into the dating thread? [whistle] Carry on, pretend I'm not here. [/whistle]

That Richard O'Sullivan chap, eh?

Ah.

Erm, goodness is that the time? Must go.

Oops, sorry, did I just wander into the dating thread? [whistle] Carry on, pretend I'm not here. [/whistle]

That Richard O'Sullivan chap, eh?

Ah.

Erm, goodness is that the time? Must go.

But can YOU pretend you're not there?

I know who you are!

Heather Mills McCartney?

For many women, myself included, the type of "fondness" you have displayed toward Richard O'Sullivan is embarassing. It comes across as an adolescent crush. Most of us have fought to be taken seriously in a man's world, whether it be in or out of corporations and other organizations, and we perceive that kind of obsession as pandering to the lowest common denominator of what it is to be female.

I am of the position that there is no man worthy of worship. I suspect that many of the other women on the DL share that position. Hero worship coming from a 14 year old is one thing. A grown woman spouting like that same 14 year old is quite another.

Would I slam the door in Alec Baldwin's face if he showed up on my porch? Hell, no, but I'm also not going to spend any time obsessing about him.

As far as believing you are not what you appear to be.........

CA. There is a certain element of fantasy and role play about entries here (evidence? well look at the avatars and the names that people give themselves). For example, I have little real interest in Tessa Wyatt and have never stalked anyone. LCR may not even be a member of the minor aristocracy. Some find it amusing, others finds it frustrating that their serious discussion forum has been infiltrated.

However, your choice of name suggests (and I may be wrong), that you are grounded in reality - a little concrete even. In which case, it is unlikely that you will appreciate deviation from the avowed intent of naming potential deaths and following their progress. You won't be alone in that. However, for some of us that is as joyless as joining an internet betting shop and we enjoy the peripheral discussion and humour.

However, I suspect that there is more to your resentment than you say or are aware of. Whatever, it is fascinating to watch you scent-marking your territory.

Indeed it is and well-said, Pooka. Couldn't agree more about the grounded-in-reality folks, except

for one queasy afterthought: As I'm sure you realize 'normal' is sometimes just a masquerade, and

what we may be perceiving on the internet as a reality based 'concrete' person could be a Jabberwocky

with it's eyes aflame dribbling all over a keyboard .... but most likely not of course.

Indeed it is and well-said, Pooka. Couldn't agree more about the grounded-in-reality folks, except

for one queasy afterthought: As I'm sure you realize 'normal' is sometimes just a masquerade, and

what we may be perceiving on the internet as a reality based 'concrete' person could be a Jabberwocky

with it's eyes aflame dribbling all over a keyboard .... but most likely not of course.

I've always maintained that normal is a dryer setting, as is evidenced by the conversation taking place a little ways back in this thread.....

CA. There is a certain element of fantasy and role play about entries here (evidence? well look at the avatars and the names that people give themselves). For example, I have little real interest in Tessa Wyatt and have never stalked anyone. LCR may not even be a member of the minor aristocracy. Some find it amusing, others finds it frustrating that their serious discussion forum has been infiltrated.

However, your choice of name suggests (and I may be wrong), that you are grounded in reality - a little concrete even. In which case, it is unlikely that you will appreciate deviation from the avowed intent of naming potential deaths and following their progress. You won't be alone in that. However, for some of us that is as joyless as joining an internet betting shop and we enjoy the peripheral discussion and humour.

However, I suspect that there is more to your resentment than you say or are aware of. Whatever, it is fascinating to watch you scent-marking your territory.

Yes - I tend to force myself to stay fairly grounded in reality. It's the only way to survive 296.6X and maintain any type of life. I have kicked most of the creative and artistic parts of my life to the curb - many people think that's terrible, but it's how I manage to stay alive.

One thing that I do enjoy in life is watching armchair therapists tell me what my motivations are and why I do things the way I do them. In more than 25 years I haven't met too many who had a real clue - too much theory and not enough practice.

I am of the position that there is no man worthy of worship.

Have you never seen John Travolta?

JT was cool back in the day, that's for sure...

CarolAnn has a "thing" for Alec Baldwin, but don't tell anyone...

And whilst everyone here knows I adore Richard O'Sullivan (I hear the groans again), I would really like

to spend some quality time with Jonathan Cake....*sigh*....unless you have something to say about that, Windsor???

Pooka,

I have been meaning to ask you about something - these ?Walnut Whips", are they some sort of chocolates, or (dare I say it), are they some kind of SM device?

I'm assuming the former, as the latter would probably not be the height of sophistication anywhere...but then you never know...

For many women, myself included, the type of "fondness" you have displayed toward Richard O'Sullivan is embarassing. It comes across as an adolescent crush. Most of us have fought to be taken seriously in a man's world, whether it be in or out of corporations and other organizations, and we perceive that kind of obsession as pandering to the lowest common denominator of what it is to be female.

I am of the position that there is no man worthy of worship. I suspect that many of the other women on the DL share that position. Hero worship coming from a 14 year old is one thing. A grown woman spouting like that same 14 year old is quite another.

Would I slam the door in Alec Baldwin's face if he showed up on my porch? Hell, no, but I'm also not going to spend any time obsessing about him.

As far as believing you are not what you appear to be.........

Indeed. This whole deathlist stuff may be no more than a dream from which you (whoever is reading) will wake tomorrow to say 'I've just had the weirdest dream ........ '. Prove that it ain't so.

Yes - I tend to force myself to stay fairly grounded in reality. It's the only way to survive 296.6X and maintain any type of life. I have kicked most of the creative and artistic parts of my life to the curb - many people think that's terrible, but it's how I manage to stay alive.

One thing that I do enjoy in life is watching armchair therapists tell me what my motivations are and why I do things the way I do them. In more than 25 years I haven't met too many who had a real clue - too much theory and not enough practice.

Well I did work with the mentally ill for 10 years but you're right - it is nicer to do it from an armchair. As someone who is irritated by drive-by Sigmunds who can say anything they like knowing it cannot be refuted, I should know better.

That 296.6X does not take prisoners. Living with it must be hard work with few days off.

Pooka,

I have been meaning to ask you about something - these ?Walnut Whips", are they some sort of chocolates, or (dare I say it), are they some kind of SM device?

I'm assuming the former, as the latter would probably not be the height of sophistication anywhere...but then you never know...

It is a confection. In the UK it tends to be eaten only by those who inhabit some of the better addresses in London. I was once allowed to look at one - but it was taken away immediately.

Cheers.....LCR aka Rebecca de Winter.

Wondered if anyone could tell me what the last dozen or so posts have to do with the nearness to death of Richard O'Sullivan?

good point Millwall, although as some one pointed out a while back as there's virtually never any actual news about Richard this thread has become a sort of general chat page about nothing.

But surley there are other threads that can act as a "general chat page about nothing"?

Cheers.....LCR aka Rebecca de Winter.

Wondered if anyone could tell me what the last dozen or so posts have to do with the nearness to death of Richard O'Sullivan?

good point Millwall, although as some one pointed out a while back as there's virtually never any actual news about Richard this thread has become a sort of general chat page about nothing.

I agree it's a good point, although this is the 'extra-curricular' forum and page 120 may be a bit on the late side to notice the thread's wandering off topic.

Possibly these people need to exchange e-mails and send each other private messages?

Walnut Whip; mmmmm, lovely.

I used to have a Wallnut Whip every Friday. Sometimes I would eat the nut off the top first then bite my way down to the cream. More difficult but ultimately more satsifying, is to drill your tongue against the base intermittently licking around it with small circular motions until it softens, allowing access to the soft, creamy cavity. That's the way to eat a Wallnut Whip.

I am of the position that there is no man worthy of worship.

Have you never seen John Travolta?

Ummm...yeah. He's an idiot Scientologist. Supposed to be a good pilot. Owns a 727, I believe. Pretty good actor, but

Sorry - no worship material there.

Yeah - I have a "thing" for Alec Baldwin. I wouldn't shoot him or anything, but I'd still be hard pressed to worship him. He's not even on my desktop wallpaper or nuthin'. I do have a poster of Benjamin Orr rolled up in my bookcase at home because he was one of my all time fave musicians when I was performing. Then he died. Still not worshipping.

I probably come closest to worshipping my cocker spaniels. :rip:

I used to have a Wallnut Whip every Friday. Sometimes I would eat the nut off the top first then bite my way down to the cream. More difficult but ultimately more satsifying, is to drill your tongue against the base intermittently licking around it with small circular motions until it softens, allowing access to the soft, creamy cavity. That's the way to eat a Wallnut Whip.

Clearly a semi-erotic experience Godot. Now go and brush your teeth.

Clearly a semi-erotic experience Godot. Now go and brush your teeth.

Correct Pook. Not necessarily "semi", depending, where you secure your Wallnut Whip. :rip:

Wallnut Whip.

Godot, am I right in believing you work in the fianantial sector?

Wallnut Whip.

How could I NAP when I do not share share (by the look of your avatar) your privileged educational background? Or maybe that's not you.

Wallnut Whip.

Lovely use of the 05.13a.

I assume you mean this