Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Clarissa - there is enough here to keep teams of psychiatrists active for months. As far as stalking goes, you seem to be Real Madrid to my Hartlepool United.

Ya think?? I didn't think anyone would notice....can you please explain "Real Madrid" and "Hartlepool United"? Not being English, I don't actually know what they mean...I bet if you were to tell us all your deep-seated feelings for La Wyatt, someone would think you were certifiable too..ha ha!! BTW, anyone who read my last post - Re "Au Pair Girls"- sorry, I meant "Gabrielle", not "Danielle" - both French names and I got them mixed up!

Clarissa - there is enough here to keep teams of psychiatrists active for months. As far as stalking goes, you seem to be Real Madrid to my Hartlepool United.

Ya think?? I didn't think anyone would notice....can you please explain "Real Madrid" and "Hartlepool United"? Not being English, I don't actually know what they mean...I bet if you were to tell us all your deep-seated feelings for La Wyatt, someone would think you were certifiable too..ha ha!! BTW, anyone who read my last post - Re "Au Pair Girls"- sorry, I meant "Gabrielle", not "Danielle" - both French names and I got them mixed up!

Real Madrid. and Hartlepool United. are football teams.

Real Madrid. and Hartlepool United. are football teams.

Thanks for that, football fan! I guess that makes sense now, sort of...

These days he'd have more chance of appearing with Charlie Drake than Gabrielle Drake. Though I believe from the Brinsworth House thread that our Charlie sees himself as more of a Pirandello man these days.

Actually, all three of them (Richard, Gabrielle and Charlie) appeared in "Mr. H. Is Late" in 1988. They all had their clothes on this time.

These days he'd have more chance of appearing with Charlie Drake than Gabrielle Drake. Though I believe from the Brinsworth House thread that our Charlie sees himself as more of a Pirandello man these days.

Oohh, Lady C, I don't like that I am giving you bad vibes :ph34r: I think I should perhaps take my leave from this place for a while. To be honest, these are my own thoughts and hard thought it is to admit, I realise that he is not going to be that interested in a 'fan' (no rude comments from the boys please!) he has always said in interviews that he hates being around people who talk about acting, so I think he would probably feel slightly uncomfortable getting close to someone who loved him as DT or RT. If he were to get close to a female again, which I suspect he probably wouldn't, I think it would be with someone who doesn't have a clue who he is and that he gets to know over a period of time and feels he can trust. He was a bit of a heart throb way back when, and probably knows all the signs when it comes to females who lust after him! I suppose that's not what you wanted me to say, but those are my thoughts, and vibes. You should write though, you are such a big fan. I don't want to go into too much detail but I have had a bit of success, although as I say I think he is a bit wary. I actually only live about an hour away from BH, although not home at the moment, and I do think about trying to see him, but I just think it might freak him out if I were to see him and tell him who I was, it might be nice for me, but for him??

It really is up to you what you do, you do seem a bit obsessed ;) (not meant in a mocking way) but you also seem like a very cool person. I know two women, one is 37, the other 40 something, who are mad about him and have crap loads of photos and stuff (I've scrounged a few scans I might add as have no money to buy stuff), I think one of them did get to see him but she wouldn't go into it (may have been bullsh*tting!). I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems in your life, but glad that you are better now - if you do write to him I'm sure he would be happy to hear that he has helped you in some way. Good luck with the book also!

As for when he looked at his best?? I would have to say the MATH years, he looked good as DT, but got a bit podgy - he seemed to age quite a bit after he and Tessa got involved :( , love does that to you sometimes! I am not that familiar with his later work, have seen some of Me and My Girl and saw him on a talk show I think but that's about it. I wasn't looking below the waist in APG's but one of the obsessed girls made comments about it and posted some pics to me, tut tut! Worryingly both these girls live in London :o I think Mr O should seriously consider getting a panic room installed at BH!

I will get FC address for you once I get back home. Sorry, got carried away with the smilies, had younger siblings staying with me last week, bad influences they are!

Oohh, Lady C, I don't like that I am giving you bad vibes :ph34r: I think I should perhaps take my leave from this place for a while. To be honest, these are my own thoughts and hard thought it is to admit, I realise that he is not going to be that interested in a 'fan' (no rude comments from the boys please!) he has always said in interviews that he hates being around people who talk about acting, so I think he would probably feel slightly uncomfortable getting close to someone who loved him as DT or RT. If he were to get close to a female again, which I suspect he probably wouldn't, I think it would be with someone who doesn't have a clue who he is and that he gets to know over a period of time and feels he can trust. He was a bit of a heart throb way back when, and probably knows all the signs when it comes to females who lust after him! I suppose that's not what you wanted me to say, but those are my thoughts, and vibes. You should write though, you are such a big fan. I don't want to go into too much detail but I have had a bit of success, although as I say I think he is a bit wary. I actually only live about an hour away from BH, although not home at the moment, and I do think about trying to see him, but I just think it might freak him out if I were to see him and tell him who I was, it might be nice for me, but for him??

It really is up to you what you do, you do seem a bit obsessed ;) (not meant in a mocking way) but you also seem like a very cool person. I know two women, one is 37, the other 40 something, who are mad about him and have crap loads of photos and stuff (I've scrounged a few scans I might add as have no money to buy stuff), I think one of them did get to see him but she wouldn't go into it (may have been bullsh*tting!). I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems in your life, but glad that you are better now - if you do write to him I'm sure he would be happy to hear that he has helped you in some way. Good luck with the book also!

As for when he looked at his best?? I would have to say the MATH years, he looked good as DT, but got a bit podgy - he seemed to age quite a bit after he and Tessa got involved :( , love does that to you sometimes! I am not that familiar with his later work, have seen some of Me and My Girl and saw him on a talk show I think but that's about it. I wasn't looking below the waist in APG's but one of the obsessed girls made comments about it and posted some pics to me, tut tut! Worryingly both these girls live in London :o I think Mr O should seriously consider getting a panic room installed at BH!

I will get FC address for you once I get back home. Sorry, got carried away with the smilies, had younger siblings staying with me last week, bad influences they are!

Hi, Am I dead yet. Powerful vibes, I said, not bad vibes, definitely not bad vibes. No need to run away - it's great to hear your ideas on Richard. Although we are not as parochial as the Americans, we do not get a lot of info about British celebs, so I have heard very little, if anything, about Richard over the years. So this is all good. I also value honesty above all things, so I appreciate your candour. As part of my degree course I studied behavioural science for three years, so I am not a complete moron when it comes to how humans think, and why they do the things they do, and how they cope with the events of their lives. This is probably what saved me - knowledge. I can see that Richard is an extremely complex person, with very deep-seated wounds which may never allow him to be the person he once was. Your two friends are probably in the "obsessed" group, the ones who chase the autographs and collect the souvenirs and sometimes do a bit of stalking - I am in a separate group of one - a person who has experienced true tragedy, has recovered from it, and can understand how others really feel. As this person, I don't see myself as a real "fanatic" - I understand my own feelings about Richard. I have never just seen him as an actor, although I love his work. I would never attempt to "help" him - I'm sure he has been through the wringer as far as treatment goes. And I would hardly be qualified to do it anyway. It's hard for me to explain this to someone I don't know, and maybe someone who thinks I am cool, but a little mad? Everything you have said has already gone through my mind more than once. I completely understand what you are saying. Don't ever hesitate to tell me what you think. It does sound a little strange that he doesn't like to be around people who talk about acting, but did he say this long ago, when he was "in the world"? Perhaps he has changed now, since he lives with actors. As I said yesterday, I don't know if I will pursue this. I did already send a letter, and if he received it, then he already knows about me, so there may not be much point. It was never my intention to harrass or upset. I never wanted to fall all over him, "oohing" and "aahing" about his acting roles, and generally being a "stupid teenager"-type. I just would have liked a chance to get to know him, but the only person who could grant me that privilege is him. I appreciate his reluctance, but maybe he needs to understand that noone is out to hurt him. I could never hurt him in a million years, not if my life depended on it. I think he would be hard-pressed to find someone who has never heard of him, and, frankly, I could only see knowing him as an actor as a "plus", not a bad thing. If he has issues about becoming old, and people seeing him as he is now as opposed to how he was, he's got to understand that to some people, ie me, it doesn't matter. So, you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run - maybe it's time to stop. Re: when he looked his best - of course he looked great in MATH - I especially loved him in a poloneck jumper and a suit in that - the 70s fashions were sooo horrible, and I think he was the only man who actually made them look good! But, again I say, Dick Turpin was my fave (although I still haven't seen them all!) - he is one man who looked very sexy with a few "life" lines on his face! Blank faces have never interested me...so, I hope I haven't frightened you away...don't go.

:(

Am I the only one who finds this a bit nauseating? If not, I'll move on....

Not at all. There is something very, very fishy about these posts.

Knock yourself out, kid! Oh, wait...I see you're doing that already...

Not at all. There is something very, very fishy about these posts.

I love it when someone puts a smile on my face....ah, Geronimo, you are the one!

I'm not sure, CA, but you may be the only one who bothered reading both of those posts in their entirety.

Without benefit of paragraphs, they stand before me like the north face of the Eiger, and here's me with just my North Face jacket, a map, a compass, a flask of tea and a pair of Jimmy Choo slip-ons. No way I'm attempting that ascent...

Agreed CA. It was funny at first but it's become very dull very quickly

If people are finding these posts 'dull' and 'creepy' might I suggest that you don't bother reading them? ;) Our mistake Clarissa, we are not wishing the poor man dead, not that that's creepy at all :(

Anyway Clarissa, I've re-read some of what I've written and I do sound a bit too bloody negative. I think your letter will definitely get to him, why wouldn't it? (our post is often late but it usually gets to its destination!) In which case, even if you don't get a reply, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that he received the letter, and no doubt he will be chuffed to bits to read it. From the feedback I got, he loves receiving mail and you sound like such a big fan and such a nice person that I'm sure he won't fail to be touched. I am probably doing him a disservice too, as he sounds like a lovely bloke and I'm sure you are completely right that he is now happy to talk about the business with him being surrounded by fellow actors and being removed from the acting world as he once knew it.

I'm so sorry you've been though such a bad time, you above anyone can identify with him, and I'm sure that he wouldn't feel threatened by you at all. Sometimes I am too honest, mostly with myself, he is 'in the business' so to speak, we are just nobodies (to him) who watched his shows - sadly in the real world you don't get to meet or fall in love with celebrities, though who hasn't wished for that ?(Pooka!) I'm sure he doesn't think anyone would want to hurt him, but I expect he just can't be bothered with 'outsiders' as such, I think if I was knocking on and had been in bad health I would probably be the same. Anyway, maybe we are getting a bit too heavy :ph34r: . I made contact with him and it does make you feel good to know that he knows people care, you should feel the same. If I was ever fortunate enough to drive past him, I would sweet talk him into allowing us to tour his home, I would contact you like a shot, don't you worry! You'd better be on that plane! Don't worry I don't consider you to be mad, or in the same league as the two others! I don't really speak to them much now as they were a bit creepy, I just scrounge the odd photo now and then, I wouldn't mind but the really obsessed one is married with 4 kids - can you imagine, the poor bloke would bin the walking stick and run like he was DT again :o

Hmm, 70's fashions....yes, some dreadful clothes were worn in that decade. It was his sideburns that were the best though, almost met in the middle! Larry seemed to get the better clothes to wear. He suited his hair long though. Dear God, I sound like my younger sister now.

Won't have as much time to post here, but will speak to you soon ;)

Wow.

I have put together a rating system for stalkers based on FF's index for ranters.

Deathlister celebrities or other celebrities out there please feel free to add to or amend this:

1.) Person has a complete disregard for the privacy of the object of his/her desires.

2.) Person has never for even a second contemplated the notion that his or her

attentions may be unwelcome.

3.) Person displays a high opinion of themselves and is eager to share it.

4.) Being the center of the universe is a serious business; person has no sense of humor.

5.) Person has an entire agenda mapped out for his/her object of desire and will be astounded

when the OOHD fails to follow it.

On a scale of one to three:

1.) Uh-oh.

2.) Time to change your phone numbers

3.) Run for Your Life!

In my opinion neither LCD or the Pooka gets more than an uh-oh rating because they are both far

too self-deprecating and funny.

If people are finding these posts 'dull' and 'creepy' might I suggest that you don't bother reading them? :ph34r: Our mistake Clarissa, we are not wishing the poor man dead, not that that's creepy at all :(

Here's an idea, stop hijacking our forum you lot of muppets.

Might I suggest you buy your own domain and start your own Richard O'Sullivan forum.

As for you Richmond, your jokes are worse than mine. Stop now.

Might I suggest you buy your own domain and start your own Richard O'Sullivan forum.

What is really the deal with Richard O'Sullivan getting so much attention? It really gets annoying after a while. I'm afraid to look how many times Maryportfuncity has posted in this thread. It's out of control. It's enough to make an innocent person want kill themself.

If people are finding these posts 'dull' and 'creepy' might I suggest that you don't bother reading them? :ph34r: Our mistake Clarissa, we are not wishing the poor man dead, not that that's creepy at all :(

How about if we suggest you go find a hero worship stalker site and post this drivel there?

Since you have totally missed the point of this site anyway....

Speak fer yerself, I'm enjoying this discourse immensely.

I thought we'd kind of established in the long dark day of the locking of this thread that it's - unofficially - a kind of DL common room. In which case there's no way Lady C's posts could be inappropriate. I've given up being amazed at the twists and turns of this thread which is rapidly approaching it's 75,000 th hit, in fact that fact alone is bordering surreal.

I quite like this thread.

If anyone from Brinsworth House, or God willing even Mr. O'Sullivan himself were to read it (and we are told from time to time that they do look in from time to time) I think they'd see right away that we mean no harm and all we want to know is how the poor old fellow is doing. Perhaps they'll even drop us a hint one day.

Our two new members' posts are certainly unusually long, and can be quite hard work to read, which is atypical for the forum, but why not? Theyr'e certainly enthusiastic about the subject matter of the thread.

Welcome you two, and don't mind the professional grumblers.

Indeed, NAP. One place we've been deficient in the past is in attracting genuine lovers of our targets for death discussion and keeping said people. If you want proof of the genuinely strange creation this thread has become it has to be there in the form of Lady C, giving her all to take it to previously unimagined levels of involvement with the man.

A phenomenon I'd not noticed with the massed ranks of - say - Lou Rawls fans.

If you want proof of the genuinely strange creation this thread has become it has to be there in the form of Lady C, giving her all to take it to previously unimagined levels of involvement with the man.

You're forgetting about Alan and his many, many alter egos (egos alter?, alter egum?) earlier on in the thread. If anyone can find a better Dickie O tribute anywhere I'd be very surprised indeed.

Hmm, I wonder if she has a view on Steve Irwin.