Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Hey Pook, I have a cunning plan. I may have said this before and, if so, I apologise. As a regular at Twickenham on match days it is not unusual that I arrive at the ground in an inebriated state with others who are similarly intoxicated. In the circumstances I might be able to persuade my companions to deviate from the usual ground-to-pub channels in to the vicinity of Brinsworth House where we could sing carols (or rugby songs), depending on the time of year.

That's a great idea if it takes your mind off why you went to Twickers in the first place Godot. You've more chance of seeing Dicky O than you do of seeing a decent game of footie. (Rugby)

Edited by ATJ for non-aussie readers

Are you going to go through the Football thread calling it soccer for non-english readers? I didn't realise they played any other form of football at the Rugby Football Union headquarters.

Edited by Gunjaman5000

Ah! I'm glad you asked. The really cunning bit is that we take plastic collecting tins, like charity boxes, which say on them: "collecting for aged artists and actors, please give generously." Naturally the good folk of Brinsworth will spy them and say: "Nay, but we are aged artists and actors."

Where upon we will say: "In that case you must allow us to use the proceeds of our collection (which won't be any great outlay since the tins will be filled with coppers) to buy your good selves a drink." It's a kind of Trojan Horse trick only you have to stretch your imagination a bit to think of the coppers as Trojans and the tins as the horse.

Once inside the residents will be so beguiled by our largess that the rest will be plain sailing. It's flawless.

Well Godot. I for one have been convinced. And if, as Rebecca points out, there are Dobermen I am sure that the administration of some drugged cutlets will put paid to them (it worked for Litvinenko).

Count me in, my man.

Ah! I'm glad you asked. The really cunning bit is that we take plastic collecting tins, like charity boxes, which say on them: "collecting for aged artists and actors, please give generously." Naturally the good folk of Brinsworth will spy them and say: "Nay, but we are aged artists and actors."

Where upon we will say: "In that case you must allow us to use the proceeds of our collection (which won't be any great outlay since the tins will be filled with coppers) to buy your good selves a drink." It's a kind of Trojan Horse trick only you have to stretch your imagination a bit to think of the coppers as Trojans and the tins as the horse.

Once inside the residents will be so beguiled by our largess that the rest will be plain sailing. It's flawless.

Well Godot. I for one have been convinced. And if, as Rebecca points out, there are Dobermen I am sure that the administration of some drugged cutlets will put paid to them (it worked for Litvinenko).

Count me in, my man.

We're used to picking up dogs on our rugby days so I wouldn't anticipate a problem.

And what would be the point of such an escapade?

I have forgotten in the contemplation of such obvious folly....no, wait....it's coming to me....I have it! You wanted to see whether Mr. O'Sullivan might make it onto this year's list after all, and if not, maybe next year's?

Save yourselves the grief, my foolish friends, he is in no immediate danger of becoming one of your statistics just yet - I'm sure he will outlive me, and probably you too, especially if you decide to "take on" the "dobermans" - and I'm not just talking about dogs...

and I'm not just talking about dogs...

Neither was I. Some of them have been quite good looking. :P

Good-looking dogs?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Well Oxy, that could be worth debating but surely not here.

Are you going to go through the Football thread calling it soccer for non-english readers? I didn't realise they played any other form of football at the Rugby Football Union headquarters.

Surely you mean Association Football.

Soccer is naught but an uncomely foreign expression, shunned with vigour by the decent and civilised.

shunned with vigour by the decent and civilised.

You know what, you might just have stumbled on the one thing that unites us all here on the DL. How appropriate to do so in the thread that - near enough - counts as our common room.

Surely you mean Association Football.

Soccer is naught but an uncomely foreign expression, shunned with vigour by the decent and civilised.

uncomely foreign expression?

Aren't they the non-english readers anyway? And while we're (nearly) on the subject, isn't funny that the three flavours of Football are Association, League and Union? It must say something about the times their respective administrations were established. Or something else. I'm no expert.

shunned with vigour by the decent and civilised.

You know what, you might just have stumbled on the one thing that unites us all here on the DL. How appropriate to do so in the thread that - near enough - counts as our common room.

Oh dear, remember what happened last time you referred to this thread as our common room :lol:

Anyway, hope this isn't our Richard:

Man had Budweiser and cannabis in car - Wicklow People

Richard O'Sullivan, of 8 Merrymeeting, Rathnew, was arrested on September 25 last in the car park adjoining Clouseaus Nightclub in Ashford....

Sadly I haven't got the rest of the story yet as I'm too tight to subscribe.

I have a photograph of R O'S. Can anyone tell me how to get it from my mobile to this site?

I have a photograph of R O'S. Can anyone tell me how to get it from my mobile to this site?

I might be wrong, (I usualy am) but if you can download it on to 'photobucket' you should be able to post it as a link......... or summat like that.

I might be wrong, (I usualy am) but if you can download it on to 'photobucket' you should be able to post it as a link......... or summat like that.

You tell me what a photobucket is and I wll do it. I'm sure it's RO'S.

link

link

Thank you HCW. will have a look at the link and apply my limited techno knowledge to it.

I'M BACK.....

So, where the hell is everybody?

Too pooped to parp, or is that too pissed to post?

How's Mr. O doing?

I'M BACK.....

How's Mr. O doing?

Clarissa!! Have you really been away? Or have you been operating under a nom de plume?

I'M BACK.....

How's Mr. O doing?

Welcome back Lady C, you've missed a bit of fun off and on, Pinochet dead, some ranters dropping by..

I'M BACK.....

How's Mr. O doing?

Clarissa!! Have you really been away? Or have you been operating under a nom de plume?

You're too sharp by half, Professor, but that would be for me to know and you to find out....so, are you planning to drop by La Wyatt's mansion with a Christmas gift this year?

I'M BACK.....

How's Mr. O doing?

Welcome back Lady C, you've missed a bit of fun off and on, Pinochet dead, some ranters dropping by..

Yes, so I see....don't think anyone's going to miss Pinochet.....and ranters are really good fun, aren't they?

So I guess there's no news on the RO'S front? Noone's busted into BH or anything?

Yes, it's confession time - it was me, as you guessed, Professor, you clever thing you....long story short, I had to change my email address due to a new ADSL connection, and DL was for some reason preventing me from posting under my "old" user name with the new email address, so I became Rebecca - problem solved.

Then I noticed that my old name was working again, but some people seemed to like Rebecca better so I decided to keep her around, at least for a bit longer.

Anyway, it was nice that one particular DLer didn't catch on (no prizes for guessing who), so didn't fight with me anymore, but Star Crossed seemed to think that I was another bloke pretending to be a woman, and one who apparently needed a thesaurus to speak the Queen's english....poor misguided sod thinks that he's the only person in the world who read English at Cambridge...

Sorry for the minor deception - nice that Lady C was missed though....

Cheers.....LCR aka Rebecca de Winter.