Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Yes, it's confession time - it was me, as you guessed, Professor, you clever thing you....long story short, I had to change my email address due to a new ADSL connection, and DL was for some reason preventing me from posting under my "old" user name with the new email address, so I became Rebecca - problem solved.

Then I noticed that my old name was working again, but some people seemed to like Rebecca better so I decided to keep her around, at least for a bit longer.

Anyway, it was nice that one particular DLer didn't catch on (no prizes for guessing who), so didn't fight with me anymore, but Star Crossed seemed to think that I was another bloke pretending to be a woman, and one who apparently needed a thesaurus to speak the Queen's english....poor misguided sod thinks that he's the only person in the world who read English at Cambridge...

Sorry for the minor deception - nice that Lady C was missed though....

Cheers.....LCR aka Rebecca de Winter.

I don't think there were too many people who didn't catch on. Most couldn't be bothered.

I'M BACK.....

So, where the hell is everybody?

Too pooped to parp, or is that too pissed to post?

How's Mr. O doing?

Clarissa!! Have you really been away? Or have you been operating under a nom de plume?

You're too sharp by half, Professor, but that would be for me to know and you to find out....so, are you planning to drop by La Wyatt's mansion with a Christmas gift this year?

No. Not at all. La Wyatt is history. I've been a damn fool Clarissa.

To be honest we have recently appointed a marketing manager who is the spit of Tessa and 25 years old. Needless to say, I have now set up a working space in the suspended ceiling above her desk and have no need to creep around West London gardens at night! Its good to go straight.

As far as Christmas gifts go I intend to use Walnut Whips to express my affection. In Western Europe they represent the height of sophistication. I will keep you apprised of my progress.

Yes, it's confession time - it was me, as you guessed, Professor, you clever thing you....long story short, I had to change my email address due to a new ADSL connection, and DL was for some reason preventing me from posting under my "old" user name with the new email address, so I became Rebecca - problem solved.

Then I noticed that my old name was working again, but some people seemed to like Rebecca better so I decided to keep her around, at least for a bit longer.

Anyway, it was nice that one particular DLer didn't catch on (no prizes for guessing who), so didn't fight with me anymore, but Star Crossed seemed to think that I was another bloke pretending to be a woman, and one who apparently needed a thesaurus to speak the Queen's english....poor misguided sod thinks that he's the only person in the world who read English at Cambridge...

I don't think there were too many people who didn't catch on. Most couldn't be bothered.

I marvel as to why people who despise me so much would even bother to notice, CA....while I am talking to you, maybe you would be so kind as to enlighten me - I realise that DL is not for the fanit-hearted, but why, when other women have joined DL, have they been welcomed and treated in a friendly way by the women on DL, was I, on the other hand, treated with contempt (by the women, the men were all very friendly) and bitchiness pretty much from the start? When did it become a crime to be fond of a celebrity?

I don't set out to offend people, but I do fight back if they do it to me.

Two people saw fit to inform me that all you women believed that I was a man pretending to be a woman - why would you even think that? Because I can and do speak the Queen's english well? - that would be like assuming a man was gay because he kept his home tidy. Why would seemingly intelligent women waste their time on such pointless speculation?

If I was a man I would have made world history by being the first man to give birth to a child. As for wanting to be Boudicca, as Mr. Hopkins seems to think I do, WTH? Is DL some kind of matriarchy - did I miss that?

So Banshees was nice to me and it pissed someone off - deal with it. He's just a nice kid....and jealousy is a curse.

I thank the people on DL who were, and still are, friendly to me - it's nice. As for the men who no longer speak to me - grow a pair.

I'M BACK.....

So, where the hell is everybody?

Too pooped to parp, or is that too pissed to post?

How's Mr. O doing?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You crack me up...

And what the hell is so funny????????

You're supposed to "fight" with me. remember????

It's your "raison d'etre". so to speak!!!!

Don't start being nice now, I don't think I could hack it.....

it's sooo nice to hear from you, honey, after sooo long....I missed you sooo much.....*cough*

And what the hell is so funny????????

You're supposed to "fight" with me. remember????

It's your "raison d'etre". so to speak!!!!

Don't start being nice now, I don't think I could hack it.....

it's sooo nice to hear from you, honey, after sooo long....I missed you sooo much.....*cough*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh my...I think I....oh Christ here we go...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Merry Christmas my little plump pudding.

I marvel as to why people who despise me so much would even bother to notice, CA....while I am talking to you, maybe you would be so kind as to enlighten me - I realise that DL is not for the fanit-hearted, but why, when other women have joined DL, have they been welcomed and treated in a friendly way by the women on DL, was I, on the other hand, treated with contempt (by the women, the men were all very friendly) and bitchiness pretty much from the start? When did it become a crime to be fond of a celebrity?

Two people saw fit to inform me that all you women believed that I was a man pretending to be a woman - why would you even think that? Because I can and do speak the Queen's english well? - that would be like assuming a man was gay because he kept his home tidy. Why would seemingly intelligent women waste their time on such pointless speculation?

If I was a man I would have made world history by being the first man to give birth to a child. As for wanting to be Boudicca, as Mr. Hopkins seems to think I do, WTH? Is DL some kind of matriarchy - did I miss that?

So Banshees was nice to me and it pissed someone off - deal with it. He's just a nice kid....and jealousy is a curse.

I thank the people on DL who were, and still are, friendly to me - it's nice. As for the men who no longer speak to me - grow a pair.

Some very good questions. I will answer as best I can from my POV - and let me emphasize to all, including those who think I am a sanctimonious bore, that this is MY point of view and these are MY opinions. I am not projecting on anyone else. All others may chime in as they see fit.

For many women, myself included, the type of "fondness" you have displayed toward Richard O'Sullivan is embarassing. It comes across as an adolescent crush. Most of us have fought to be taken seriously in a man's world, whether it be in or out of corporations and other organizations, and we perceive that kind of obsession as pandering to the lowest common denominator of what it is to be female.

I am of the position that there is no man worthy of worship. I suspect that many of the other women on the DL share that position. Hero worship coming from a 14 year old is one thing. A grown woman spouting like that same 14 year old is quite another.

Would I slam the door in Alec Baldwin's face if he showed up on my porch? Hell, no, but I'm also not going to spend any time obsessing about him.

As far as believing you are not what you appear to be, the history of the DL is full of instances of one or another member assuming a persona to yank the chain of other members. I would prefer to believe you are someone pretending because I really don't want to believe that an otherwise intelligent woman would post some of the things you have posted, but whatever is, is.

Lastly, but certainly not least, there is the position that the DL is not a Richard O'Sullivan fan club. I want to know when to put him on a deadpool entry, not what some obsessed fan wants to do to him when she sneaks into Brinsworth House - especially since I've seen a recent picture of him. I suspect some people were totally disgusted by the drivel that was posted when you first came along - I know I was. I also think there was some perception that you had hijacked the thread for a while, and that tends to be resented in an online message board.

Do I believe you are what you appear to be? No, but I've been wrong before. One thing I am certain of is that whether or not you are LCR/RdW, you put forth a romantic view of the world that is bound to landslide into hidebound cynics like me. The DL is full of both types - Banshees is most definitely a romantic, while Windsor is most definitely a cynic - and I have noticed that the DL members you have had run ins with have been, for the most part, the cynics.

We all have our fans and our non-fans, and there are cliques in DL. In that it is very much like a women's circle, but it isn't a matriarchy. Most of the admin/mods are men. I think that you will find that the women who don't respond positively to you are put off by your one track obsession with Richard O'Sullivan.

I will say, though, that you have good taste in movies.

Can't you see the steam coming out of my ears??????

STOP NOW.

I definitely can't handle you (no pun intended) being nice - it just isn't you!!!

How dare you laugh at me, you little.....what's the word?....can't think I'm so bloody...oh, no, I can't believe what effect you are having on me right now, young fella me lad....oooohhhhhh...I didn't realise that I actually DID miss you....now how bloody sad is that?

Nauseating in the extreme....

Only one explanation for your outrageous behaviour - you are drunk, very drunk....so, I forgive you.....this time....

Some very good questions. I will answer as best I can from my POV - and let me emphasize to all, including those who think I am a sanctimonious bore, that this is MY point of view and these are MY opinions. I am not projecting on anyone else. All others may chime in as they see fit.

For many women, myself included, the type of "fondness" you have displayed toward Richard O'Sullivan is embarassing. It comes across as an adolescent crush. Most of us have fought to be taken seriously in a man's world, whether it be in or out of corporations and other organizations, and we perceive that kind of obsession as pandering to the lowest common denominator of what it is to be female.

I am of the position that there is no man worthy of worship. I suspect that many of the other women on the DL share that position. Hero worship coming from a 14 year old is one thing. A grown woman spouting like that same 14 year old is quite another.

Would I slam the door in Alec Baldwin's face if he showed up on my porch? Hell, no, but I'm also not going to spend any time obsessing about him.

As far as believing you are not what you appear to be, the history of the DL is full of instances of one or another member assuming a persona to yank the chain of other members. I would prefer to believe you are someone pretending because I really don't want to believe that an otherwise intelligent woman would post some of the things you have posted, but whatever is, is.

Lastly, but certainly not least, there is the position that the DL is not a Richard O'Sullivan fan club. I want to know when to put him on a deadpool entry, not what some obsessed fan wants to do to him when she sneaks into Brinsworth House - especially since I've seen a recent picture of him. I suspect some people were totally disgusted by the drivel that was posted when you first came along - I know I was. I also think there was some perception that you had hijacked the thread for a while, and that tends to be resented in an online message board.

Do I believe you are what you appear to be? No, but I've been wrong before. One thing I am certain of is that whether or not you are LCR/RdW, you put forth a romantic view of the world that is bound to landslide into hidebound cynics like me. The DL is full of both types - Banshees is most definitely a romantic, while Windsor is most definitely a cynic - and I have noticed that the DL members you have had run ins with have been, for the most part, the cynics.

We all have our fans and our non-fans, and there are cliques in DL. In that it is very much like a women's circle, but it isn't a matriarchy. Most of the admin/mods are men. I think that you will find that the women who don't respond positively to you are put off by your one track obsession with Richard O'Sullivan.

So if, as you say, you don't believe I am what or who I appear to be, what makes you think I'm not a 14 year old girl obsessed with Richard O'Sullivan??? I could very easily be just that. But I think my 15 year old son might have a little trouble dealing with that concept. I know you don't really think that.

It strikes me as kind of sad that you have become so cynical that you find my devotion to Mr. O'Sullivan embarrassing and nauseating - I can just imagine Alec Baldwin coming by your house and saying, "Hi, I'm Alec Baldwin." and you saying,"Whatever." - as if....it's not so much the devotion you find nauseating, is it, it's more the fact that I chose to write it down where people could read it. As for hijacking the RO'S thread - some people actually liked reading the posts, and said so.

So you set yourself "above" the rest of the female population - repression can be a dangerous thing. I'm sure all the DLers could keep a team of shrinks in business for a hundred years or more.

Despite all the many reasons I have to truly hate men, I can't ever do that - I love them, and sometimes I say so online. Happens I think that Mr. O is special, that's fine if noone else does. Not my fault if google directs his followers here. As for "sneaking into BH", I'm not insane, nor am I in England. I wrote him one long letter, and have sent two emails - you will not want to hear that he is doing well, but he is.

Believe what you will, it matters not to me, I was just curious because TH and Banshees seemed so very anxious for me to join one of your "live chats' and answer my accusers - but since I was not accused to my face, and did not know who was accusing me, I felt this to be pointless, especially in the face of the utterly ridiculous assumptions apparently being made.

I saw the "clicks" long ago, I am not a fool, but one could miss them if one didn't go back and read all the endless posts from years ago.

As for women having to fight for recognition in a man's world, noone knows more about that than I do - I don't wish to bore anyone with my life story, but suffice it to say that I have spent many a long year fighting not only for that, but for much much more.

This is escapism for most people - surely you know that. I don't want to fight with anyone constantly - any "run ins" occurred because a couple of DLers chose to be offensive to me, I merely answered them back. I'm very sorry that the "Kevin Smith" thread was locked and the last few posts were deleted - he was New Zealand's finest and deserved better than that.

Anyhoo, glad that one woman on DL credits me with some intelligence, however reluctantly acknowledged.

Thanks for your reply, CA.

Thank you from me as well, CarolAnn. You have said much of what I've been thinking.

Something of Rebecca/Clarissa's style puts me in mind of this. :devil2:

So if, as you say, you don't believe I am what or who I appear to be, what makes you think I'm not a 14 year old girl obsessed with Richard O'Sullivan??? I could very easily be just that. But I think my 15 year old son might have a little trouble dealing with that concept. I know you don't really think that.

It strikes me as kind of sad that you have become so cynical that you find my devotion to Mr. O'Sullivan embarrassing and nauseating - I can just imagine Alec Baldwin coming by your house and saying, "Hi, I'm Alec Baldwin." and you saying,"Whatever." - as if....it's not so much the devotion you find nauseating, is it, it's more the fact that I chose to write it down where people could read it. As for hijacking the RO'S thread - some people actually liked reading the posts, and said so.

So you set yourself "above" the rest of the female population - repression can be a dangerous thing. I'm sure all the DLers could keep a team of shrinks in business for a hundred years or more.

Despite all the many reasons I have to truly hate men, I can't ever do that - I love them, and sometimes I say so online. Happens I think that Mr. O is special, that's fine if noone else does. Not my fault if google directs his followers here. As for "sneaking into BH", I'm not insane, nor am I in England. I wrote him one long letter, and have sent two emails - you will not want to hear that he is doing well, but he is.

Believe what you will, it matters not to me, I was just curious because TH and Banshees seemed so very anxious for me to join one of your "live chats' and answer my accusers - but since I was not accused to my face, and did not know who was accusing me, I felt this to be pointless, especially in the face of the utterly ridiculous assumptions apparently being made.

I saw the "clicks" long ago, I am not a fool, but one could miss them if one didn't go back and read all the endless posts from years ago.

As for women having to fight for recognition in a man's world, noone knows more about that than I do - I don't wish to bore anyone with my life story, but suffice it to say that I have spent many a long year fighting not only for that, but for much much more.

This is escapism for most people - surely you know that. I don't want to fight with anyone constantly - any "run ins" occurred because a couple of DLers chose to be offensive to me, I merely answered them back. I'm very sorry that the "Kevin Smith" thread was locked and the last few posts were deleted - he was New Zealand's finest and deserved better than that.

Anyhoo, glad that one woman on DL credits me with some intelligence, however reluctantly acknowledged.

Hello there Clarissa/ Rebecca.

If you will, take note of all those little blue boxes by my name there.......See 'em?

Those are in place because I, a female , not even a tomboy, bothered to defend you(nastily)

against what I felt was an onrush of cheap shots of the kind that are better left behind in chat rooms

and ladies' lounges. Feminist rants embarrass me much more than "adolescent crushes" and hey --

didn't you realize? It's okay to be smart, but not too smart, sexy but not too sexy, and better not like

or love someone who doesn't meet with the current heart-throb du jour standards. In other words,

don't be different. Try to be like everybody else, follow the leader, walk the walk, talk the talk. Atta girl.

As far as believing you are not what you appear to be.........

CA. There is a certain element of fantasy and role play about entries here (evidence? well look at the avatars and the names that people give themselves). For example, I have little real interest in Tessa Wyatt and have never stalked anyone. LCR may not even be a member of the minor aristocracy. Some find it amusing, others finds it frustrating that their serious discussion forum has been infiltrated.

However, your choice of name suggests (and I may be wrong), that you are grounded in reality - a little concrete even. In which case, it is unlikely that you will appreciate deviation from the avowed intent of naming potential deaths and following their progress. You won't be alone in that. However, for some of us that is as joyless as joining an internet betting shop and we enjoy the peripheral discussion and humour.

However, I suspect that there is more to your resentment than you say or are aware of. Whatever, it is fascinating to watch you scent-marking your territory.

Thank you from me as well, CarolAnn. You have said much of what I've been thinking.

Is that supposed to be funny?

One thing I don't like about some men is their refusal to see something that is right in front of their *bleeping* noses - for the last time - I AM NOT A MAN.

Hello there Clarissa/ Rebecca.

If you will, take note of all those little blue boxes by my name there.......See 'em?

Those are in place because I, a female , not even a tomboy, bothered to defend you(nastily)

against what I felt was an onrush of cheap shots of the kind that are better left behind in chat rooms

and ladies' lounges. Feminist rants embarrass me much more than "adolescent crushes" and hey --

didn't you realize? It's okay to be smart, but not too smart, sexy but not too sexy, and better not like

or love someone who doesn't meet with the current heart-throb du jour standards. In other words,

don't be different. Try to be like everybody else, follow the leader, walk the walk, talk the talk. Atta girl.

A thousand apologies, Madame, I mistakenly thought you were a man - I am soooo sorry.

Yes, you tried valiantly to warn me, but I was too *bleeping* thick to get it.

I suppose I wasn't expecting the sort of thing that happened.

I get it now.

Thanks.

As far as believing you are not what you appear to be.........

CA. There is a certain element of fantasy and role play about entries here (evidence? well look at the avatars and the names that people give themselves). For example, I have little real interest in Tessa Wyatt and have never stalked anyone. LCR may not even be a member of the minor aristocracy. Some find it amusing, others finds it frustrating that their serious discussion forum has been infiltrated.

However, your choice of name suggests (and I may be wrong), that you are grounded in reality - a little concrete even. In which case, it is unlikely that you will appreciate deviation from the avowed intent of naming potential deaths and following their progress. You won't be alone in that. However, for some of us that is as joyless as joining an internet betting shop and we enjoy the peripheral discussion and humour.

However, I suspect that there is more to your resentment than you say or are aware of. Whatever, it is fascinating to watch you scent-marking your territory.

If that was for my benefit, Professor, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

But I'm not egotistical enough to think that everything is about me.

One thing I don't like about some men is their refusal to see something that is right in front of their *bleeping* noses - for the last time - I AM NOT A MAN.

:lol::)

Brilliant! That could be a quote from the Great Lady herself!

Well I think I shall answer too. I don't think I was the first to suggest you may be a man, but I was one of the ones who suspected you might be. This was partly because just before your arrival another dl member joked in the chat room about creating a female persona with a pretty avatar to wind up some of the guys . Added to my suspicions were that you would chose the Richard O' thread to do this and the fact that your writing style has something of the female impersonator or romance writer to it. It seemed you were trying to hard to be female.

This isn't why I didn't welcome you. I don't care what gender someone is or claims to be.

I just think anyone who comes to dl because of devation to one particular celebrity, be it Sandra Dee, Geoff Duke, Pete Doherty (remember Amanda everyone?) or Dickie O' is missing the point of the forum. If you write about this kind of thing then get a blog or something. It gets a bit dull when you click on the forum and find only one topic has been updated. Most people who find us in the way you have don't stick around but if they do I think they should expect some ribbing from the regulars.

More later. I'm out to lunch now.

wait, Lady Clarissa is also Rebecca de Winter? I am as shocked by this as I was when I first heard Liberace was gay.

I'm very sorry that the "Kevin Smith" thread was locked and the last few posts were deleted - he was New Zealand's finest and deserved better than that.

He was an actor of unremarkable ability who got pissed and fell off a scaffold. Wasn't good at rugby, didn't split an atom, never climbed Everest. What part of Fountain Gate are you in?

wait, Lady Clarissa is also Rebecca de Winter? I am as shocked by this as I was when I first heard Liberace was gay.

Wondered if anyone could tell me what the last dozen or so posts have to do with the nearness to death of Richard O'Sullivan?

Wondered if anyone could tell me what the last dozen or so posts have to do with the nearness to death of Richard O'Sullivan?

good point Millwall, although as some one pointed out a while back as there's virtually never any actual news about Richard this thread has become a sort of general chat page about nothing.

Yes, it's confession time <Snip>

Liberace was gay? :blink:

good point Millwall, although as some one pointed out a while back as there's virtually never any actual news about Richard this thread has become a sort of general chat page about nothing.

I agree it's a good point, although this is the 'extra-curricular' forum and page 120 may be a bit on the late side to notice the thread's wandering off topic.

Dearest Clarissa - we have much in comment.

For many months Banshees Scream thought I was Female.

You remind me of David Walliams from Little Britain - can't think why...