Sign in to follow this  
little sister

Frankie Laine

Frankie Laine - aged 90 with a illustious recording career and two heart bypasses under his belt. Can't last for ever,

love and kisses

little sister

On the one hand, yes he's 90. On the other, those by-passes were in 1985 and 1990.

He's on the list of potentials.

I think somebody in the know should give us an update on the wellbeing of Frankie Laine. He has got to be looking over his shoulder at the moment considering numbers 17, 18 and 20 on the list have pegged out very recently. You wouldn't want to be in the middle of that lot would you?

DWB :unsure:

Hehe, indeed! I was contemplating a post along these very lines. Right now, if I was Frankie, I would be attending the wellman clinic at my earliest opportunity.

CBC, Chem-7, Pulse Ox, LFT & cross-match for 4...

Nope

I've had my feelers out all day - no whispers on the street on Frankie. He was unwell a couple of years ago and had two heart bypass ops. His wife died in 99 which usually is the beginning of the end (cf Johnny Cash) but he moved quickly and remarried.

However he's 90 (allegedly) so who knows.

Mr Stats

Well if it ain't Frankie lane, Claude Levi-Strauss (#16) should keep an eye out for the Man In Black ....

Or any one else sitting pretty in the middle there.

PS On my 'puter I'm getting 'Est馥 Lauder', with a funny Chinese character instead of 'ee' ?!

4Horsemen - There is no harm in being premature. None at all.

Stats - sounds like you are saying there is a like a window of oppurtunity where re-marriage must take place before the nominee begins to slide downwards.

Yeti - I think we need to look at our HTML character entities! It should be E with french accent.

Progressing Horsemen's premature Frankie headline, may I suggest:

"End of the Road for Laine"

Frankie, if you are reading this, don't get a complex, it's just a bit quiet on the celebrity death front at the moment.

DWB :D

All this talk of death headlines...

I will reveal that I have the DeathList's best ever headline stored up for one of this year's candidates - there will be no clues so as not to reduce its epic impact if we can just convince the celeb to throw in thetowel :D

Now come on mr/ms/miss/mrs... please die!

As long as you're not keeping us in suspense for that "**************" line when ******** shuffles on

Sorry Stats - that was the one but Im not allowing it to be revealed.

I don't believe it

I bet I know what it is.

But it will be surpassed when a former first lady (not mine) joins the list, then goes.....

I have, in my opinion, the headline to beat all headlines - but it requires a famous magician to be: A - On the DeathList and B - To Die. So the likelihood of it ever seeing the light of day is quite remote at the moment.

Any chance that someone out there knows if Paul Daniels is feeling a little off-colour at the moment?

DWB :D

DWB - I bet we are going to like it, not a lot, not a lot. Keep an eye out on the panto season would be my advice if you intend to follow up with that line of enquiry. Now, back to Derren Brown...

Guest Theo

Whose suggestion was this one then?

Come on, he made it to 91...

Any chance that someone out there knows if Paul Daniels is feeling a little off-colour at the moment?

DWB  ;)

It's a somewhat tenuous link, but let's clutch at a flimsy straw of optimism.

Apparently, suicide rates on Teesside are some of the highest in the country with three quarters of victims being men. (As reported by ic Teesside - Health Today) and the good news is that the midget conjuror is from South Bank in Middlesbrough. ;)

The bad news of course is that he isn't there any more, nor likely to ever return lest they beat seven shades of crap out of him. ;)

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

Franky Laine

Dreary singer only suitable for barmitzvah's. Unfortunately like aforegoing celebration not cut off in prime.

Frankie Laine (Mr Rhythm, evidently) turned 92 at the end of March. I can recommend the frankie laine international appreciation society for news. And great news is to be had, the spring convention is May 22 in Newcastle convention. Book accommodation now to avoid disappointment later. Unfortunately I have work that day and live twelve thousand miles away.

:P

I'm gutted.

I wonder if frankie still has an occational performance here and there?

And if so i hope hes still got somewhat of a voice.

Unlike a very old sinatra...

Does anyone know if Stella (as in "Stella's husband Frank") is still with us?

Can anyone tell me why I know the age of Frankie Lane's wife when I am 65 years younger than him.

I am currently on holiday I thiunk I will go and hit the beach.

(Except just had a thought- What is the state of Andy Williams' health?)

Our man has signed a deal to perform a 20 minute set 9 times a week at Branson Follies. The engagement doesn't start until September 2006!

He's almost as healthy as Les Paul. Can't see the DL closing out with 100% success this year.

Our man has signed a deal to perform a 20 minute set 9 times a week at Branson Follies. The engagement doesn't start until September 2006!

He's almost as healthy as Les Paul. Can't see the DL closing out with 100% success this year.

Well Mary it seems it has been a good year for the

singers and the guitarists..

But the drummers are a different story. :lol: