Sign in to follow this  
little sister

Frankie Laine

Whew what a night

What a great evening it was

What fun was had byt all!

Last evening our dear sweetheart Frankie was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by Bravo a San Diego California Performing Arts concern.

More information can be found here: Frank's Website click on news and see what you missed.

Also check out this information where he recently entertained some people at a Senior center.......... San Diego News

Whew what a night

What a great evening it was

What fun was had byt all!

Last evening our dear sweetheart Frankie was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by Bravo a San Diego California Performing Arts concern.

More information can be found here: Frank's Website click on news and see what you missed.

Also check out this information where he recently entertained some people at a Senior center.......... San Diego News

A nice greeting from Frankie on his website,

Well with him performing again it looks like he could go on for a few years yet.

Might be an idea to leave Frankie off the '06 list.

Might be an idea to leave Frankie off the '06 list.

Agreed - with having another performance scheduled durning

2006 ot might be the clever to leave him off, although i hope

i don't regret saying this. :P

Could have saved us a lot of work Banswees if you had told whether Frankie had been in your dreary dreams after all we know your dreams preddict all. :P:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Could have saved us a lot of work Banswees if you had told whether Frankie had been in your dreary dreams after all we know your dreams preddict all. :P:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't recall being an actual member back in December 2004..

I am talking about more recent times........don't you care enough to sift through all the posts to see who is marked for death here and then make your wise :P decisions and present them for us?

I thought you cared more about us :P

Guest Toke Deltorso

Frankie's 92 his time must be near--yahooo get along there

Don't know about that - I've been hearin he is going to have another performance in 2006 so he must still be trying to keep his vocal cords alive.

And himself for that matter. :ph34r:

Don't know about that - I've been hearin he is going to have another performance in 2006 so he must still be trying to keep his vocal cords alive.

And himself for that matter. :ph34r:

Same for Tony Martin, and Laine looked healthier from the recent pictures I saw.

Recent pictures that I'm too lazy to google at the moment. So take my word for it. Or don't.

Well, turns out Frankie Laine was doing fine, until he decided to go for hip-replacement surgery.

And now he's dead at age 93, which is really too bad, since he could have gone on years yet had it not been for the complications.

At 18, with the Depression underway and his father out of work, Laine hit the road as a dance marathoner. Altogether he participated in 14 marathons, coming in first on three occasions. He and his partner, Ruthie Smith, made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for dancing 145 days straight (although he disputed Guinness, saying he and Smith danced for 146 days).

We may have hit on a secret that'll take us into our nineties.

Well, turns out Frankie Laine was doing fine, until he decided to go for hip-replacement surgery.

And now he's dead at age 93, which is really too bad, since he could have gone on years yet had it not been for the complications.

Ah.. that's a great shame. :eshock:

I think that's another of my original 2004 picks on the DDP who has died a relatively short while afterwards (Bezzerides & Sheldon) this year.

EDIT:

Yes it was. Only Warren Christopher, Michael Gough, King Harald V of Norway, Harry Morgan, Maurice Papon

David Rockefeller & Gloria Stuart remain.

Time for Papon to go then. I though that when I saw Griffith Jones had gone. Papon should not still be alive at 96, FFS. :eshock:

Yes, the Moonlight Gambler no longer gambles in the moonlight. He now decomposes in his air-tight?

At 18, with the Depression underway and his father out of work, Laine hit the road as a dance marathoner. Altogether he participated in 14 marathons, coming in first on three occasions. He and his partner, Ruthie Smith, made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for dancing 145 days straight (although he disputed Guinness, saying he and Smith danced for 146 days).

I also wish to dispute that claim. You may as well tell me that he moonwalked to the moon and back. In the early 1990s at a weekend rave in Utrecht, Netherlands, I once danced for about 22 hours straight. Well, I say "straight"... actually I was off my tits on about 10 pills and a handful of speed.

I don't even think it's medically possible for someone to go 145 days without sleep, let alone dancing constantly. Unless Frankie & Ruthie were on some serious, cattle-strength uppers. :eshock::blink::eshock::):blink::)

Edit to add this from amusingfacts.com:

The world record for time without sleep is 264 hours (11 days) by Randy Gardner in 1965.

O for f**ks sake. Frankie Lane dead, I should have listed him. I mean he did have appearances set for 2007, so it gave you the idea that he might be off for the year.

Guest dave

I didnt know there was a Frankie Laine thread! Come to think of it,wasnthe on the deathlist one year?

I didnt know there was a Frankie Laine thread! Come to think of it,wasnthe on the deathlist one year?

ever heard of the "search" option?

Besides, when CP made his post, the Frankie Laine thread would have been to the top of the topic list

Laine might have been on one of the deathlist selections, but I can't be arsed to have a look

Guest Willie B

Frankie Laine dead at the age of 93. Died after problems with a hip repacement over the weekend. 2/6/07

Frankie Laine... that name kind of rings a bell. Didn't he hold a world record for dancing, or something?

Edit: this was originally posted in the duplicate Frankie Laine thread, where it made sense.

Frankie Laine is here and here! :eshock:

[Posts moved, topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Ahem! Someone appears to have moved most of the posts from the "The Dead" thread into the "Frankie Laine" thread...

Ahem! Someone appears to have moved most of the posts from the "The Dead" thread into the "Frankie Laine" thread...

That someone was me, I SNAFUd. Repaired now.

regards,

Hein

Bit of a downer to die after a hip replacement surgery. I wonder if Mick Jagger would go the same way, wouldn't be very rock 'n' roll for him if he did.