Sign in to follow this  
little sister

Frankie Laine

Read it in The Times this morning, in news rather than the obits. Was raeding it on the excercise bike in the gym and let out an involuntary scream of delight as i though he was on this years list.

Sorry we missed him.

Guest Guest

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

With the other ghostriders in the sky? :)

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

I thought that was a song by The Trashmen

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

They may have had a version, but according to his obit on the BBC website "His first record was That's My Desire in 1946. Other hits soon followed, including, Jezebel, Cool, Clear Water and Ghost Riders in the Sky."

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

With the other ghostriders in the sky? :(

They may have had a version, but according to his obit on the BBC website "His first record was That's My Desire in 1946. Other hits soon followed, including, Jezebel, Cool, Clear Water and Ghost Riders in the Sky."

I didn't realise, I'm intrigued to hear his version of that song. I think I might see if I can find it online when I get home

Goodbye Francis LoVecchio....

Frankie Laine Website

I guess this rrecord said it all....overcd3.jpg...Gues what Frankie?....It's over. You will be missed as you get back to that Mule Train....

DWB - I bet we are going to like it, not a lot, not a lot. Keep an eye out on the panto season would be my advice if you intend to follow up with that line of enquiry. Now, back to Derren Brown...

OK, if you say so. So what does anyone think? How the hell did he predict those numbers?

DWB - I bet we are going to like it, not a lot, not a lot. Keep an eye out on the panto season would be my advice if you intend to follow up with that line of enquiry. Now, back to Derren Brown...

OK, if you say so. So what does anyone think? How the hell did he predict those numbers?

Depends how live it actually was...

A-ha, now I understand not having C4. I'd just seen a facebook comment, a friend was highly suspicious that his hand seemed to be permanently attached to his head (speaker watch?). I myself am personally suspicious of anyone who can't spell the name Darren. Perhaps he is a dyslexic?

A-ha, now I understand not having C4. I'd just seen a facebook comment, a friend was highly suspicious that his hand seemed to be permanently attached to his head (speaker watch?). I myself am personally suspicious of anyone who can't spell the name Darren. Perhaps he is a dyslexic?

I can't think of any legal reason why he couldn't have just shown the numbers beforehand. There's no law against predicting the lottery outcome or anything else as far as I know. A speaker watch wouldn't explain how he changed the numbers on the ping pong balls that never left the screen.

So how did the creepy bastard do it?

I watched the explanation on TV last night but I was pissed so am still none the wiser. :rolleyes:

I watched the explanation on TV last night but I was pissed so am still none the wiser. :rolleyes:

He got a load of people to it for him...

3000!

3000!

Oxbridge professors not impressed, but they don't know how he did it either.

3000!

Oxbridge professors not impressed, but they don't know how he did it either.

I'm not impressed by his maths either - get 24 people to think randomly about a number between 1 and 49 then add the answers up, then divide by 24 and you will always get 6 numbers all very close to the number 25. My favoured way he did it was due to using the feed from camera 2 to hide the number 1 cameraman placing his hand held video camera onto a tripod that had 5 axis motion replication. Then blue screen overlay to hide the ball placement. I'm also thinking Derren Brown's black garb assisted in someway to mask to exit of blue screen back to real time film. Still very well done but then that's his trade.

3000!

Any plans yet for how to usher in post 3001 MiB? Perhaps a new avatar or maybe a big hit if some unknown known celeb. croaks suddenly?

Like this.