Cowboy Ronnie

African Leaders - Despots and Democratic

3 hours ago, drol said:

Unique hit for me in the DDP too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drol said:

Unique hit for me in the DDP too!

I think I had him in alt.obits as a last minute replacement for someone else, so we'll see if he's a solo or not. Good job my dude!

I'm virtually certain Chad's President Idriss Deby is pregnant. 

images.jpg

• Haha 2

On 21/04/2018 at 11:56, Joey Russ said:

Well, if he fell into a comma, he clearly wasn’t not a well man then. 

In my defence (8 months hence, I haven't been able to sleep), I cut/pasted the sentences.  It's exactly as it was posted by the source.  I blame them.
Yours,
Sleepless In Louisiana

19 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

Is Kenneth Kaunda still going?

Unfortunately yes. A despot masked as the "democratic founder of Zambia".

Former President of Nigeria, Shehu Shagari, is dead. It was your grandson who broke the news.

Born on February 25, 1925, in Sokoto, Shagari played an important role in the political life of the country since he was an English colony. intensifying when his country became independent in 1960. After the end of the first military regime inaugurated after a coup in 1966, Shagari became president in 1979 with the promise of restoring Nigeria's economy.

It did not last long, until in 1983 he was overthrown by the military, who established another dictatorship  which would last until 2000Banned from the political life of the country for 35 years, he was limited to giving certain opinions but almost always very modest.

He died at age 93 at the National Hospital in Abuja at 1:30 p.m. while battling a disease.

Edited by Éricles Souza
e

16 minutes ago, Éricles Souza said:

Former President of Nigeria, Shehu Shagari, is dead. It was your grandson who broke the news.

How fucking old do you think I am?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1. 6 former world leaders aged 90 or over  have died in the last 4 weeks inc 2 African leaders.I'm getting my hopes up that Robert Mugabe might get caught up in the rush...

20 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:
  1. 6 former world leaders aged 90 or over  have died in the last 4 weeks inc 2 African leaders.I'm getting my hopes up that Robert Mugabe might get caught up in the rush...

Calm down, the Mugabe time will come. Give from time to time

Another African ruler dies.

The former president of Algeria, Abdelmalek Benhabyles (born April 27, 1921), died yesterday at the age of 97. Benhabyles, who had been interim president - for 3 days from January 11 to 14, 1992 - was an activist of the national movement, member of the Movement for the triumph of democratic freedoms (MTLD) and head of external affairs of the GPRA. After independence (1962), the deceased held several positions of responsibility. He was Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 1963 to 1964, Ambassador of Algeria to Japan from 1964 to 1971 and Minister of Justice in 1977. 

https://www.huffpostmaghreb.com/entry/deces-de-lancien-president-du-conseil-constitutionnel-abdelmalek-benhabyles_mg_5c272ba3e4b08aaf7a90bf60

7 hours ago, Éricles Souza said:

Another African ruler dies.

The former president of Algeria, Abdelmalek Benhabyles (born April 27, 1921), died yesterday at the age of 97. Benhabyles, who had been interim president - for 3 days from January 11 to 14, 1992 - was an activist of the national movement, member of the Movement for the triumph of democratic freedoms (MTLD) and head of external affairs of the GPRA. After independence (1962), the deceased held several positions of responsibility. He was Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 1963 to 1964, Ambassador of Algeria to Japan from 1964 to 1971 and Minister of Justice in 1977. 

https://www.huffpostmaghreb.com/entry/deces-de-lancien-president-du-conseil-constitutionnel-abdelmalek-benhabyles_mg_5c272ba3e4b08aaf7a90bf60

we're getting closer...

• Like 1

Bouteflika on next year's list, i suppose? :glare:

4 minutes ago, charon said:

Ali Bongo speaks on video for the first time since his October stroke.

https://m.news24.com/Africa/News/gabons-president-speaks-for-first-time-after-stroke-20190101

Fuck, he has changed alot since he did all those magic tricks!

• Like 1

Former Military Governor of Kano State (Nigeria), Air Vice Marshall Hamza Abdullahi, has passed away at the age of 73.
SC

1. I have  a  feeling that there will be lots of ex African leaders deaths this year, including at long last Robert Mugabe.

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

It's all going off in Gabon at the moment, so the numerous DDPers who've picked Ali Bongo Ondimba this year may be hearing good news soon.

Automatic ban for anyone making an "Ali Bongo the old TV magician" gag.

Blast....

Might tempt Mikey boy out a retirement afore he hits 100 on St Paddy's Day.

"I'm putting together a team...."

[Soundtrack: "The Boys Are Back In Town" starts playing]

• Like 1