Cowboy Ronnie

African Leaders - Despots and Democratic

Daniel arap Moi celebrates a month in hospital today, and this was around the third hospitalization in two months. 

That routine check-up is taking more time than usual, motherfucker? 

On 01/12/2019 at 19:02, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Chiwenga's illness disclosed, although who knows whether it is the whole story or not. Sounds OK now, but these guys will never show real weakness.

https://www.zimbabwesituation.com/news/vice-president-chiwenga-reveals-ailment/

CxUmmgdMkOkYU.gif

During treatment, his estranged wife allegedly tried to kill him:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50812996

On 16/12/2019 at 21:48, gcreptile said:

During treatment, his estranged wife allegedly tried to kill him:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50812996

It won't be a Marry Christmas for her. 

On 11/12/2019 at 09:05, drol said:

Daniel arap Moi celebrates a month in hospital today, and this was around the third hospitalization in two months. 

That routine check-up is taking more time than usual, motherfucker? 

Moi's son gives an update on Mzee's health. Moi is "not in the best health", but he has been "improving day by day".

I'm very conservative on these matters, but it does not look too good for the cranky dictator. He has been hospitalized for over a month and has been in and out of hospital in the last year, particularly since September. At the beginning of December they said he would be discharged in days, there's now no hint at a possible release. Basically means he has not improved at all and considering he spent some time on life support, this could not be a good sign. Next years seems a concrete possibility.

One of the last Ministers of Moi's first cabinet, Charles Rubia, is dead at 96. Moi had him jailed and tortured in the 80s. The survivors of Moi's first cabinet are:

*Moi

*Mwai Kibaki (1931), has been in frail health for years.

*Charles Njonjo (1920), still going strong, but incredibly old for a fat man.

*Henry Kosgey (1947), had troubles with justice for over a decade.

*James Charles Nakhwanga Osogo (1932)

*Daniel Musyoka Mutinda (1942)

Rumours Daniel arap Moi is on life support and dialysis. 

Better for DL to pick him in 2020. There's nothing better than a juicy 95-year old African bastard dying despite continued futile care.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Algeria's powerful military chief Ahmed Gaid Salah dies

Yaaawnnn to old news and already reported in the Bouteflika thread.

https://theconversation.com/why-cameroon-must-move-beyond-dialogue-to-solve-its-anglophone-crisis-125241

This article is from October but there is an ongoing political crisis in Cameroon. It used to be considered one of the more politically stable countries in Africa but now tribalism and division is making it increasingly volatile. We dont really see this covered prominently in the British media but it is quite serious. Could all of the pressure take its toll on the President Paul Biya and his health?

On 08/11/2019 at 19:10, drol said:

Since old fuckers of Kenya and Tanzania seem to be immortal, here is a challenge between six old political figures of the two countries. Last Country standing wins.

Kenya                                                                                                                                                          Tanzania

Charles Njonjo (1920)                                                                                                                              David Musuguri (1920)

Daniel arap Moi (1924)                                                                                                                             Ali Hassan Mwinyi (1925)

Mwai Kibaki (1931)                                                                                                                                   Cleopa Msuya (1931)

Mama Ngina Kenyatta (1933)                                                                                                                  Mama Maria Nyerere (1930)

Moody Awori (1928)                                                                                                                                  Jamshid bin Abdullah of Zanzibar (1929)

Duncan Ndegwa (1925)                                                                                                                            John Malecela (1934)

Come on, come back into the averages of your Countries!

David Musuguri, who led Tanzania against Idi Amin, turned 100:birthday:

On 24/02/2019 at 16:17, drol said:

So Ali Hassan Mwinyi is now the only African strongman born in 1925 left. There are still 4 iconic people from 1924 (Moi, Mugabe, Kaunda, Jawara) and only one from 1926 (disgusting Senegal overlord Abdoulaye Wade). Then nothing till 1929 (Sam Nujoma and Marcelino Dos Santos). If I have to predict their death orders I'd say:

1)Jawara

2)Mugabe

3)Mwinyi

4)Kaunda

5)Dos Santos

6)Moi

7)Nujoma

8)Wade

Marcelino Dos Santos dead at 90. My streak was over after only two names.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drol said:

Not really clear whether he was ever the leader of Mozambique or not.He was vice president and leader of the legislature for a while but I don't think he was ever head of govt or state.  That said, half of them gone within a year.Not bad ! 

On 11/02/2020 at 19:43, drol said:

Not really clear whether he was ever the leader of Mozambique or not.He was vice president and leader of the legislature for a while but I don't think he was ever head of govt or state.  

10 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

My favorite African despot is the president of Equatorial Guinea. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teodoro_Obiang_Nguema_Mbasogo

He's just 77, on nobody's "Wanted list" and has therefore plenty of time to pursue his favorite hobby: Eating the brains & testicles of his opponents. 

I suppose Hosni Mubarak could have been included on this thread...

On 01/12/2019 at 19:02, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Chiwenga's illness disclosed, although who knows whether it is the whole story or not. Sounds OK now, but these guys will never show real weakness.

https://www.zimbabwesituation.com/news/vice-president-chiwenga-reveals-ailment/

Constantino Chiwenga airlifted back to China.

12 hours ago, drol said:

Constantino Chiwenga airlifted back to China.

airlifted.... TO China?  

I'd be more worried if I'd be the desposts who live and receive treatment in UK and France, as two of them already died. Among them Nigeria's Yakubu Gowon who lives in London, Abdou Diouf who lives in Paris and Pascal Lissouba who lives in the South of France.

• Like 2

On 30/05/2016 at 16:13, Sir Creep said:

Guess that makes TODAY'S news all the more interesting.

Chad's former dictator Hissene Habre raises his hand during court proceedings in Dakar, Senegal, Monday, May 30, 2016. Judge Gberdao Gustave Kam declared Habre guilty and sentenced him to life in prison for crimes against humanity, war crimes and torture, in a packed courtroom, Monday.

I'm not versed in Chad's litigation system.... But something is askew. Anyway he won't last two years in a jail full of people HE out in there!

SC

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/amp/Chad-s-ex-ruler-found-guilty-sentenced-to-life-7952787.php

A Senegal judge has granted Chad’s former dictator Hissene Habre two months’ leave from prison, as the jail is being used to hold new detainees in coronavirus quarantine.

Since his conviction, the ex-leader in his late 70s has been serving his sentence in a penal establishment in Cap Manuel, at the tip of the peninsula where Dakar is located.

His lawyer had requested 60 days’ leave for Habre as, due to his age, he was “particularly vulnerable” to the coronavirus pandemic, according to the judge’s order obtained by AFP on Monday.

SC