Cowboy Ronnie

African Leaders - Despots and Democratic

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

No cause given?

He was 81/82.

I know it sometimes escapes us as we discuss a lot of people of such advanced ages, but the global life expectancy for a man is 70 years. In Togo where he was born it is 60, and in Paris where he died it is 82.

Probably just natural causes.

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He was 81/82.

I know it sometimes escapes us as we discuss a lot of people of such advanced ages, but the global life expectancy for a man is 70 years. In Togo where he was born it is 60, and in Paris where he died it is 82.

Probably just natural causes.

It's just they has been a few notables Africans dying in France from the virus.

Rumors Burundian President Pierre Nkurunziza is gravely ill with COVID-19 going around.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Rumors Burundian President Pierre Nkurunziza is gravely ill with COVID-19 going around.

The man who claimed there was no coronavirus in his country and so safety wasn't needed? If true, Covid apparently has a sense of humour.

2 hours ago, drol said:

I no longer know how reliable Twitter is as I can't tell from Chrome how many tweets have been made by the poster.

This suggests Nkurunziza is dead: https://twitter.com/BurundiGov/status/1270359764065759233

• Like 1

Darwin Award of the year.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Could be.I mean, I know he's an inept idiot, but is it really credible that Boris Johnson is the only world leader who got corona virus ?

The Coronavirus pandemic has forced African despots to stay in their countries. They were prevented from seeking medical treatment abroad and were forced to face their countries' precarious health system
Many African dictators routinely traveled abroad to seek expensive medical treatment, such as Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, who died in Singapore last year at the age of 95. José Eduardo dos Santos, former president of Angola, also used to travel to Barcelona, Spain

Perhaps this is why these men are over 80 and 90 years old, in stark contrast to the common populations of their countries whose life expectancy in some countries like Sierra Leone reaches only 37 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Chiwenga accumulated a fortune from mining of diamonds in Zimbabwe. 

Could have left a few crumbs for the hospitals in his country.

https://www.pazimbabwe.com/zimbabwe-35372-filthy-rich-general-chiwenga-messy-divorce-exposes-plunder-externalisation-and-offshore-properties.html

On 29/06/2020 at 15:33, drol said:

Mwai Kibaki hospitalized. Yaaawnn. 

https://www.the-star.co.ke/amp/news/2020-07-29-kibaki-readmitted-at-nairobi-hospital/

48 minutes ago, jcc said:

Given the problems they've got with endemic corruption, weak governance and a marauding Islamic militia in the north, this could well be the next failed state unless the French troops there intervene.