Cowboy Ronnie

African Leaders - Despots and Democratic

Usually I'd be happy about the death of an African despot, because they seem to be everlasting, but Quett Masire was indeed a good man and ruler. I wish it would happen to Mugabe or Kenneth Kaunda.

• Like 3

Indeed, Botswana got very lucky with him and his successor. I only got to know him a couple of months ago by an economics book on institutions. Masire was a good man.

In 1980, Zimbabwe was considered to be a rich country in the future. But then they got Mugabe... Botswana however is on a good path.

• Like 1

Former Prime Minister of Senegal Habib Thiam has died aged 84.

• Like 1

Kenneth Kaunda released from hospital in good conditions. 

Article from The Times discussing which African leaders rule from hospital beds. Don't think there's any new names mentioned but it does give a good summary of the various conditions. Leaders mentioned include President Buhari (regular medical trips to London), President Mugabe, (regular medical trips to Singapore), President dos Santos (prolonged medical trip to Spain), President Bouteflika (stroke in 2013, frequent medical trips to France), President Talon (operations in France for digestive and prostate issues), and President al-Bashir (exploratory cardiac catheterisation in January).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Article from The Times discussing which African leaders rule from hospital beds. Don't think there's any new names mentioned but it does give a good summary of the various conditions. Leaders mentioned include President Buhari (regular medical trips to London), President Mugabe, (regular medical trips to Singapore), President dos Santos (prolonged medical trip to Spain), President Bouteflika (stroke in 2013, frequent medical trips to France), President Talon (operations in France for digestive and prostate issues), and President al-Bashir (exploratory cardiac catheterisation in January).

Rubbish. 

• Haha 4

Prime minister of Lesotho, Tom Thabane, is rumoured to be ill with heart problems and faces demands for resignation:

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2017-10-20-where-is-tom-thabane-rumours-of-ill-health-plague-lesothos-pm/#.WezSumi0OUk

Edit: I think we're getting close to the point when you could have a credible Theme Team with African despots.

Yes, it is a hoax and badly written too. He won't go anywhere for a long time.

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This link says that Daniel Arap Moi, former Kenyan President, has died... but it's been up all day and no other news sources have followed.

http://glonews360.com/confirmed-former-kenya-president-daniel-arap-moi-dies-at-94/

Fake news?

Hmm, Wikipedia still has the death notice up too lol. Yes fake news.

Burkinabe former Prime Minister Youssouf Ouédraogo has died aged 64.

Of course none of them will die now, of course. They have enough money and resources to have access to good medicine so that they can live much longer than the populations of their countries, who most often die at 38

Robert Mugabe's scoundrel in Zimbabwe, for example, on the 21st will be celebrating his 94th birthday. Then I ask you: how old would he be if he were an ordinary citizen of his country?

On 08/11/2017 at 17:12, FixedBusiness said:

Hmm, Wikipedia still has the death notice up too lol. Yes fake news.

Yes, obviously this is a fake news. Arap Moi besides being alive is 93 years old, not 94 as reported the matter

On 17/12/2016 at 12:48, drol said:

And none of them died during these three months! I guess witch doctors know their work very well...

My dream is to see them all dead. But it will not take long for this to happen, most are already with the days told here on Earth

On 17/12/2016 at 12:48, drol said:

And none of them died during these three months! I guess witch doctors know their work very well...

You forgot about Teodoro Obiang from Equatorial Guinea and José Eduardo dos Santos from Angola. Both born in 1942 (75 years)

I'm well aware this isn't Exxxactly the right thread, but it's tied into despotism.

Sudanese LT Gen, James Ajongo Awut was poisoned in a meal on the 12th of 2018 by some Jieng Council of Elders agents and he fell into comma instantly after consuming the poisoned food. To make his Illness look as if it was from natural cause, he was flown to Cairo for further treatment but most of his organs had collapsed while he was in the air. And on the 13th he passed on but South Sudan Government decided to keep it secret to avoid suspicion of a foul play, and broke the news a week later.

I hope you appreciated my finding an unbiased source.  ^_^
SC

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I'm well aware this isn't Exxxactly the right thread, but it's tied into despotism.

Sudanese LT Gen, James Ajongo Awut was poisoned in a meal on the 12th of 2018 by some Jieng Council of Elders agents and he fell into comma instantly after consuming the poisoned food. To make his Illness look as if it was from natural cause, he was flown to Cairo for further treatment but most of his organs had collapsed while he was in the air. And on the 13th he passed on but South Sudan Government decided to keep it secret to avoid suspicion of a foul play, and broke the news a week later.

SC

Well, if he fell into a comma, he clearly wasn’t not a well man then. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, if he fell into a comma, he clearly wasn’t not a well man then. 

Was the problem with his colon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Was the problem with his colon?

He tripped on a period and hit his head on an exclamation point.

• Like 1