Grim Reaper

Queen Juliana

pushing up tulips in the netherlands, never! Well she should be pushing tulips if she was burried in Dutch soil with the rest of the Dutch commoners, but no, she is burried in the Dutch Royal Family's Burrial Vault which is inside a church in the Dutch town of Delft. No skimping with a Dutch Royal burial; indoor marble burrial vault, very swish!

Fact: Queen's Day in the Netherlands is the day when the dutch nation celebrate their queen's birthday (much larger event than here, but hey we have the more formal affair of Trooping of the Colours) It has been celebrated on the 30th of April for 56 years since the regin of Queen Juliana; the date of Queen's Day did not change when Queen Beatrix took over the throne because her birthday fell on 31st of January and the weather spoilt the outdoor celebrations so the date of Queen's day was kept on Queen Juliana's Birthday which was alot better to hold the outdoor celebrations.

Fascinating bit of Benelux royal trivia there. I'd never have found that out otherwise. I shall use it during my next 'Come as your favourite European aristocrat' party next week. i'm going as Prince Alois of Liechtenstein (again)

Ah! you where invited to that too!!!!!!!!!! i went as Queen MargretheII of Denmark. i hope to go as Queen Paola of The Belgians this year , (if the costume comes back in time otherwise i will have to go as Prince Reiner of Monaco) see you there!

Assuming that my favourite European aristocrat can be dead or alive, I think I will try my hand at being King Zog of Albania. A very well known photo shows him in full uniform with hitler-style facial hair and a military cap set at a very jaunty angle. Quality!

DWB :referee:

I think I will try my hand at being King Zog of Albania. A very well known photo shows him in full uniform with hitler-style facial hair and a military cap set at a very jaunty angle. Quality!

Queen of Albania, more like.

Suits you, sir!

Honestly, I laughed and laughed when I saw that photo - I wonder if his looks had anything to do with his assassination? What would you have done if you were Albanian.

DWB :referee:

Edit - Additional to this posting, I always thought he was assassinated but Wiki doesn't mention it.

Guest bvdbos

Prins Bernard, the former husband of Juliana, died today at an age of 93 years old. He's become famous by his extramarital kids, by his personally financed hunt for illegal hunters in the south of Africa, him being bribed by lockheed, the rumour he was a nazi during war etc etc. We'll surely miss him...

Guest another dutchie

Her husband died yesterday (december 1st) after beating the odds (and several deadly ailments) for over ten years, he'd have made a good one for this list

Guest SoS Koning

And her husband followed her on the first of december 2004

Guest Outraged of Dunstable

YOU ARE ALL SICK!!!

How dare you, Queen Juliana would be furious if she knew what was going on.

Now now.

She didn't have much of a clue when she was with us so I doubt she'll mind now (for about 3 years) that she's dead.

Guest Guest
YOU ARE ALL SICK!!!

I used to live in Dunstable, for over 20 yrs. Mum still lives there, near Bennett's Rec.

Queen Juliana didn't have any link with Dunstable at all, but Queen Eleanor did.

Outraged of Dunstable, whereabout do you live? Just interested - I'm not going to send anybody to your door. :lol:

Don’t worry, you’re only about, er, 16 years late on that one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Don’t worry, you’re only about, er, 16 years late on that one.

Hey! It’s not his fault. Internet Explorer is just too slow. Nothing wrong with that.

• Haha 1